Chapter 8
180 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What cat got your tongue shitty devil? I mean I know I'm a priest that's about to kill you and all but that doesn't mean you have to be rude.” Freed said he reached into his coat. Issei stepped back as he produced a pistol and licked the slide. “Now how about you be a good little shitstain and bend over so Daddy can pop a few rounds in your ass.”

 

“What the hell is wrong with you!” Issei exclaimed as he took a step back in fear. “Did you kill him?”

 

Freed laughed as he took a few steps forward menacingly, why Issei wasn’t running would remain a mystery for all of time. “Well I, being a devoted follower of god, couldn’t leave some shitstain devil summoner alive. I mean seriously, why would i? It’s kind of my job to make sure shitty devils like you die. I mean he did turn to devils to get some sort of gain from it, But hey! Those are some minor details, am I right.”   

 

With a slight click on the tube Freed held a fucking lightsaber apeared in his hand, making Issei’s jaw drop.

 

It was only thanks to the hellish training Alicia put him through that allowed Issei to dodge Freed’s sword that was coming for his head. Leaping to the side he gasped as he heard the pistol fire and a searing pain erupt from his upper thigh where the bullet, if it was one, grazed him. Issei spun around and quickly summoned his gauntlet before throwing a punch at the very insane priest. Sadly the plain looking boy is… not completely inept but pretty damn close so Freed was able to easily dodge the swing before swinging his sword again. Issei stumbled out of the way, desperately trying not to get hit by the sword that gave him goosebumps. 

 

The boy swung again and again at the priest only for him to either dodge or deflect with his weapons. Issei tried not to flinch whenever the sword grazed his arm, it felt like someone was bringing a welding torch to his arm, but he was very much unused to the feeling and missed his swing for it. Freed smirked and pulled the trigger of his pistol once he saw his chance. With a quick rapid pull of the guns trigger two quarter sized holes erupted from the perverts knee caps.

 

“Gahhh!” Issei screamed as he collapsed to the ground, gripping his now bleeding kneecap as it throbbed viciously. He could feel tears quickly erupting in his eyes as he tried to keep an eye on the fucker that shot him. “Son of a-”

 

“Hey hey is that really what you want your last words to be before i kill you.” Freed raised a deranged eyebrow before pressing the barrel of his pistol to Issei’s temple, making the flesh his as the heated barrel burned light magic into his skin and a scream of agony ripp itself from Issei’s throat. “How about I give you, Hmmm… 5 seconds before I put a bullet in your brain, heck I'll even count it down for you! 5… 4… 3-”

 

“Ahhhhh!”  

 

Freed jumped into the air before spinning around, obviously not expecting someone to scream behind him. This allowed Issei to crawl backwards into a side table, which he then used to pull himself off the ground. Looking over issei found his jaw dropping and his eyes going wide upon spotting the still nun habit clad girl he had helped out not that long ago. Asia for her part, had not spotted the slowly bleeding boy, instead she had spotted the cooling corpse of the previous home owner in the corner nearly beyond recognition. Her hand covered her mouth in an attempt to not throw up while horror and revolution built up in her eyes.

 

“Ah Asai, my newest assistant.” Freed declared in joy, happy to see someone else enjoying his work of art. Even if he got her name wrong. “wait wait it's Asia, that's your name! Well since you're here I guess you're finished with the boundary field right? cause if not Daddy is going to be very mad~”

 

“Did, did you kill him?” Asia asked in horror, taking a few steps back all while ignoring the threat.

 

“Duh what did you think you were signing up for? This is the devil killing business girl so you best get used to it quickly girly.”

 

The young girl hesitantly looked over at the insane priest, it was extremely hard to tear her eyes away from the carnage her ‘superior’ had wrought upon this devil summoner. Weren't they supposed to enter the establishment, talk with the summoner for a bit, then try and convince them that following that path would lead them to eternal damnation? Just as she was about to say something she spotted the bleeding teen.

 

“Issei?” Asia still sounded horrified as she spoke. “W-what are you doing here?”

 

“Asia…” the brunette muttered low enough she couldn’t hear him.

 

“Hmm? You know this shithead?” Freed sounds positively ecstatic as he looks at the nun, not only does he get to kill a devil summoner and a Devil like the worm on the ground, but he also gets to cause some psychological Trauma to the little bitch as well! He couldn’t ask for a better night. “Why didn’t you tell me! I could have summoned this shitty devil hours ago, carved him up and sent its pieces back to his master in tiny little boxes for them to cry over. Oh the thought of seeing the Devil crying over the head of their servant fills me up with such a delightful feeling!”

 

Asia ignored most of what the insane priest was saying, instead focusing on the little detail he had let out. Her friend that had helped her get to the church was a devil? No! It couldn’t be possible, Issei was such a nice person. There was no way he could be a devil. 

 

“Issei can’t be a devil, he’s too nice…” despite saying it, she could only shake her head in denial.

 

Freed smirked in delight, it was always so amusing to play with those little emotions people like the little bitch made when the person they thought they could trust turns out to be a devil.

 

“What don’t believe me? Well, Hehe, i’ll just have to show you.” Freed Cackled like a hyena. Before either of them could react the insane aimed his gun at the devil's other knee cap and pulled the trigger. Issei screamed as agonizing pain erupted from his leg, it was almost as if someone had set the inside of his knee on fire before starting to stomp on it. Issei could barely hear the two of them over the blood thumping in his ears. “See! Normal humans don’t react like that when they get shot.”

 

Well he definitely heard that, desperate to try and buy himself time Issei spoke through clenched teeth,

 

“I’m sorry for deceiving you Asia, I am a devil, gah, I wasn't trying to.”

 

As for Asia? She felt like the world was falling beneath her. This was the second time shes been deceived by a devil and she didn’t know what to feel, let alone think. The kind boy who helped her get around the town and point her in the direction of the church, the kind if not distant girl? Boy? Who walked with her to the church. Had they both tricked her?

 

“And… and Alicia? Is he a d-devil too.” she quietly asked, almost afraid of the answer.

 

“No!... no, Alicia is a fallen, he is a friend of ours.” Issei managed to get out. "I, We couldn't let you get hurt for associating with us so we had to leave you alone.” 

 

Before Asia could question the devil Freed cackled again thoroughly amused if not a bit disgusted with how the nun who was supposed to be his assistant in killing Devil was acting like someone just killed a puppy in front of her. Oh well it was time for him put a bullet in the shitty devils skull, maybe fuck with its corpse a bit, then bring the little lady back to the church for the boss bitch for ‘punishment’.

 

“Well I hope you’ve said your prayers, shitty devil, because papa Freed is about to end your shity life!” Freed exclaimed before aiming his pistol at Issei, who felt his blood run cold as he stared down the barrel of the gun. “Not that it was going to stop the pain train of course.”

 

Before the insane priest could pull the trigger Asia dashed in front of Issei and held her arms out protectively, giving Freed a look of teary determination. She was ready to use her body to protect her friend even if she has to get hurt to do so.

 

“You have got to be kidding me.”

 

“Please father Freed, this man is innocent, he has done nothing wrong!” Asia pleaded even as she shook with fear. “This gentleman is my friend, you can’t just kill him for existing. I beg you to forgive him and let him go.”

 

The insane look Freed had melted away becoming one of disgust as he looked upon the sniveling form of the Shitty Devil and his Assistant. He could not believe his eyes, a nun was defending a devil without hesitation! He thought he had seen it all. Freed would make sure her punishment was vicious and thorough, he would make sure the little bitch would never associate with devils willingly again.

 

“Do you understand what you're saying?” Freed said in a low ominous tone, stalking forward. “You are asking an exorcist to not only forgive a heathen, an enemy of our faith no less, but you are also asking me to let him live. Do you know what that means? No of course you don't, the church pampered you so much didn’t they. Ap ap, don’t interrupt me you arrogant little girl. It means that the moment he leaves he will try to corrupt the lord's faithful servants, bringing them eternal damnation. All of the church's work here will go up in flames and you will be the only one to blame.”

 

Asia shook as she craned her neck to look up at the terrifying visage peering down on her as if she was an insect that he wanted to squash underneath his boot. 

 

“N-no Issei is a-a good person. He wouldn’t gluh!” Asia was interrupted from her probably Corny speech by Freed's gloved hand wrapping around her throat. “Gla let. Go…”

 

Freed sneered at the nun as if looking at a piece of trash in his hands. Lifting the insolent little girl off the ground he gripped her oh-so fragile neck in a tighter grip, feeling amused as she started hitting his arms with those string bean arms of hers while she desperately tried to suck in gulps of air. Was this bitch really worth keeping alive if she was going to keep interfering with his work? Well the boss lady wanted her for some ritual and promised to give him better devil killing toys if he held her and he really wanted those toys, but it would be so easy to twist her tiny little neck, killing her and forcing the shitty devil to cry in despair as to watched the person collapse to the ground in a lifeless heap. Maybe he would do that to the next shitty devil he found.

 

“Oh don’t think you're in any position to make demands of me, little girl. I could and would kill you both here right now if I so chose to. You better thank the boss lady for my mercy once we get back.” With that said Freed threw Asia across the room into a side table. She landed with an oof and quickly tried to pick herself up. Freed was by her side in an instant and reared a boot back before slamming it into her ribcage. Asia cried out in pain as she was flipped over, struggling to keep the little bit of food she had eaten inside her stomach.

 

“Gah!” Asia could feel tears running down her face as pain shook her entire form. Freed was still looking at with pure disgust on his face all the while kicking her.

 

“Asia!” Issei called out in concern. Trying to force his legs to work even though he has bullet holes in them, the Brunette Glared at the priest with a look of hate. “You sick son of a bitch, Leave her alone!!”

 

“HAHAHA i would love to see you try shitty devil!” Freed kicked Asia one last time, the nun groaned weakly at the hit but did nothing to stop it. laughing mockingly as he stalked closer to the boy. “I mean look yourself, you look like a fucking Bambe trying to stand up crying for his mama who was just shot right in front of him! And honestly? Kind of pathetic.”

 

Issei had decided this man was absolutely insane and had to have been kicked out of the church because of the shit he was saying. Also he had no idea who Bambe was. Nevertheless he threw himself fist first as the insane exorcist, managing to hit him right in the jaw while he was laughing with his head up in the air. Freed stumbled back a few steps and groaned. Glaring at the shitty devil he spat out a wad of saliva.

 

“Oh you’ve done fucked up now devil. I was going to simply kill you for existing, but now? I’m going to make. You. Bleed.” Freed said in a low menacing voice.

 

Gripping his sword tight enough to turn his knuckles white he leapt at Issei with the intent to cut him up into tiny little pieces and send it to his master in a box. Issei looked up at the sword that was glowing with a heavenly light as it came down towards him and felt dread seeping into his very being, the itching became stronger every millimeter it got closer to him. His heart was thumping loud enough that it drowned out every other sound including both of Ddraig and what might have been Asia’s weak plea’s for Freed to stop. He tried to close his eyes but they refused to work. Just as it was halfway towards him, ready to tear into his flesh and burn him inside out-

 

<CLANG>

 

A different sword stopped it dead in his tracks and even knocked it back away from the injured devil. Issei slowly craned his head to stare at the wielder of the sword, to see the not so friendly smile of Kiba looking Freed directly in his eyes.

 

“Ah it seems I managed to get here just in time.” he said coldly. Walking in front of his fellow peerage member Kiba raised his sword ready to defend both himself and Issei. “Don’t worry Issei, I'll make sure this… priest doesn’t hurt you anymore than he already has.”

 

“Oh come the fuck on, another of you shitty devils just had to come in and poop all over my party didn’t you?” Freed whined like a child, even stomping one of his feet for dramatic effect.

 

“Exorcist.”

 

“Indeed, how did one such as yourself enter my king's territory without us noticing I wonder.” Akeno mused to herself out loud, the kind sisterly smile she wore feeling very out of place as her hands sparked with barely controlled energy. “Perhaps president will allow me to have a thoughtful discussion with you?”

 

A small part of Freeds brain realized the situation was quickly getting out hand hand fast, as the odd were now 3-1, the rest of freeds mind was trying to feel aroused at the sheer amount of bloodlust the two mature looking one were thrown at him and wondering of all the delightful ways he was going to kill them in. He was personally leaning towards skinning them alive and pouring hot oil over their bare flesh, then grabbing a bite to eat before throwing his ‘Assistant’ to his boss for her to punish.

 

Hopefully her punishment was painful, long, and thorough.

 

“Of course you damned maggots had to pop in unannounced while I was having fun.” Freed growled out as he pulled his gun back out as he knew he was outnumbered 3-1 at best. That short one looked weak but he knew devils like to make ironic members of their Peerages, something that infuriated him to no end when he fought them. Was the lanky fucker a knight? A bishop? A rook? Who the fuck knows!

 

...well blondie was obviously a knight judging by the way he was wielding a sword, but that's besides the point. He could probably take them if he played it smart.

 

“Oh well it just means i get more demonic fucks to kill,how about we do this one bitch at a time ehh? I’m sure my sword would do nicely entering big tits over there.” Freed said with a disgusting leer as his eyes roamed Akeno's body, showing no shame as he spoke. “It will be like Christmas of 20XX all over again only with slightly less blood and screaming, and no midget trying to shank me in the balls, what do you say?”

 

Or Freed could go completely off the rails.

 

“My goodness could you be any more vulgar, I expected more from a priest.” Kiba said in a dull tone, although he still had that non-friendly smile on his face. Issei wondered what on earth the priest was talking about. 

 

“Ohohoho boyo if you thought this was vulgar you haven't seen shit yet, so don’t try acting like my fucking vocabulary is bad.” Freed snapped at Kiba with a glare, granted he was already doing that. “How about you all shut the fuck up and i’ll make your shitty deaths as painless as possible?”

 

“Does anyone ever take those deals, I mean seriously.” Issei grumbled to himself as Koneko helped him off the ground and threw his arm over her shoulder. It looked very awkward to be honest. “Every single douchebag in television, books, manga nearly says the exact thing and it never goes their way, heck sometimes it backfires and they die. Is there some kind of Douchebag school they go to on the weekends to learn how to say this stuff?”

 

Koneko had to try not to react to the aggressive things the perverted boy was saying, even if the thought of seeing Freed and a certain birdy boy walking into a classroom with a blackboard saying ‘DOUCHEBAG 101’ threatened her grip on Issei. She could imagine the teacher being like that super buff blond American cartoon character she once saw while they were trying to find an elusive anime figure that Rias wanted.

 

‘Maybe president would enjoy the thought.’ Koneko thought to herself, making sure to keep her expression the same blank as always. Granted that was kind of hard when she saw Freed scream like a little girl as he tried to dodge a blast from her kings power of destruction. 

 

"Hey watch it you broad bitch!" Freed yelled from behind a worse for wear couch, near Asia incidentally. "That could have killed me!"

 

"Then the punishment would have fit the crime, you tried to kill my servant unprovoked so i shall return the favor." Rias spoke in a cold tone as she addressed the insane priest, glaring at him with a frosty look. Turning to face Issei, her voice was far warmer. "Are you alright Issei, I am  terribly sorry about letting you get into this situation. I had no idea there was a rouge exorcist at the house… it appears there was a barrier over the house up until a few minutes ago."

 

Issei stared at his master incredulously for a moment, making her frown. Slowly he spoke in a pained but calm voice. "President… I currently have two holes big enough for me to put a finger in, I am bleeding really badly at the moment to the point where I'm probably going to have to get rid of my pants and I can feel myself getting increasingly more lightheaded. The only reason I'm able to stand right now is thanks to Koneko."

 

Rias had the decency to blush a bit as the evidence was right in front of her. Before she could apologize for her rather crass comment she was interrupted.

 

<pew>

 

"Ahhh!" By Asia screaming in terror. Freed snarled as he watched a few pieces of blonde hair fall to the ground, having shot one of Asia's bangs.

 

“You damned bitch, you were supposed to keep the barrier up!” Freed shouted in anger. He was prepared to walk over to the sniveling bitch and punish the girl personally regardless of what the boss lady said, the only reason he didn’t was because of the group of devils on the other side of the room. He had no idea what they would do to him if he exposed himself so carelessly. “I would fucking shoot you if you wern’t useful to us right now, you better pray that the boss lady doesn’t let me at you.”

 

Rias’s face hardened as she turned to face the priest. Her magic formed a circle around her hand as she glared at the man who dared to hurt her precious pawn. Glaring at Freed she spoke like the heiress she was.

 

“I can not let those who would dare hurt one of my Peerage members and get away with it so flippantly, especially those who would treat their underlings like animals.” Rias spat out before shooting a burst of magic at the couch. Freed was forced to dodge, rolling to the other side of the couch further away from Asia. The corrosive power of destruction practically vaporized the couch. “As such it falls to me to teach you the errors of your way.”  

 

Just before she could start launching blasts of power at the insane priest's face Rias stopped. On the other side of the room, right where there was a window, she could see a group of winged figures flying their way. She narrowed her eyes as saw those black wings. Just behind her Koneko smelled something odd just outside the building in addition to the fallen angels, turning her head she just barely spotted something dashing out from the doorway, bringing a concerned feeling to her mind as she didn't notice it until it was inside the building. Whatever it was it smelled bad, like a bunch of old clothing left out in the rain and were now really moldy. 

 

“Unfortunately it looks like I will have to teach you at a later date. Akeno prepare a teleport circle, Kiba be ready to defend Koneko and Issei.” Rias said as she dispelled her attack.

 

“”Yes President.””

 

Akeno immediately started to create an emergency circle that was connected to the one back at the club house, causing a large magic sigal with the Gremory crest to appear just behind them. It would only take a few seconds for it to appear but that was several seconds the fallen angel group could reach the Peerage and throw light spears. Something that was not very healthy for a devil of their age. Issei however, was struggling to stand up to no avail. He had to get to Asia before they left, he had to rescue her. But he couldn’t, his legs refused to move and Koneko was keeping a tight grip on him. Just as she started to walk towards the circle Issei felt his legs collapse beneath him, causing him to land with a thud. Koneko showed none of her inner thoughts as she threw him over her shoulders in a fireman's carry.

 

“No...no we have to save Asia.” he said weakly as the blood loss was starting to get to him, making the room all dizzy. With the remaining bit of strength he had, Issei managed to raise an arm up as if to try and grab her just before they left. “As...ia.”

 

Was all he was able to whisper out for none but Koneko to hear before the darkness settled in and he fell unconscious. Without making a sound The Gremory peerage teleported to the old clubhouse.

 

Leaving Aisa to her fate.

 

To the clubhouse!

 

The normally dark and broody club house lit up like a Christmas tree as the teleportation circle appeared in the center of the room. Kiba rushed out of the room to where the peerage’s medical kit was located as Koneko hurriedly set the wounded teen onto the couch, knowing he was bleeding out and that would be the best place to set him for the time being.

 

"That summon went horribly wrong Rias." Akeno said bluntly as she grabbed a towel and placed it over the bleeding teens legs. "How did we miss an exorcist inside the house? We made sure to have our familiars scout out the summoning locations for any signs of the fallen angels did we not?"

 

Rias sighed, knowing her queen was going to tease the hell out of her once they patched Issei up.

 

“Yes it did, and yes we did.” She finally said after a second. “We sent out Kiba’s familiar to check out the house two days ago remember, there were zero signs a rogue exorcist was even planning to kill the summoner, meaning that in that two day time frame the Exorcist found out about the summoner’s plan and decided to kill him as soon as possible and lay the trap. I wouldn't be surprised if the Dog had forced the Summoner to use the sigil circle to summon Issei before he slaughtered the poor man.”

 

Kiba chose that moment to come back inside with a human made med kit, just before Akeno and Rias could go much farther in the ‘how’. Sitting on the floor next to the still unconscious teen Kiba started pulling out some supplies. Carefully removing the damp towel he set in in the lip of the medkit before pulling out some disinfectant, normally a devil wouldn’t have to use such a thing as their bodies had a far more robust immune system compared to a humans but the effects of a light round are wide and various, for the immune system it would rapidly deteriorate the area around the wound it making it far, far more susceptible to disease. Coating a different towel is the substance Kiba carefully cleaned the bullet wounds, causing Issei to groan in his sleep. 

 

“There should have been more of a notice.” Rias turned away from the sight and faced Akeno again, frowning as she did. “It may be best if one of us keeps a Familiar on watch for the time being until I can get a response from my brother. What do you think?”

 

“That might be the only thing we can do, the rogue elements obviously have some sort of beef with the newest member of your peerage.” Akeno sighed, putting her cheek inside her cupped hand.

 

“By the way do we have any idea where our resident Celestial is tonight?” Rias said with a worried expression, concerned the very powerful being might find out about how the person he said was under his protection was, basically, attacked. “Alicia did say he was going to maim whoever hurt this… Asia I believe her name was?”

 

“Kyoto.” Koneko said from an armchair that dwarfed her in size, making her look even smaller. “Looking up stuff. Probably mythology.”

 

“Ah, hopefully he doesn’t find out about this… incident.”

 

However far away Kyoto is from Kouh, Alicia was having a… interesting time.     

  

“What in my lady's name is a dwarf?” Alicia muttered to himself, deep in the confines of a public library. Looking over the picture with a scrutinizing eye the celestial thought the picture might be a bit off, along with the description. “Short, stocky and very in tune with the earth? That's an odd description.”

 

The trap sighed as he put the book inside the cart beside him, having asked the librarian if he could borrow one of the spares as he looked for the mythology books. He used the excuse of ‘I really wouldn’t bother you but the school club I'm a part of decided to surprise me with a bunch of mythological things I have no idea what is about, and I would like to be included in their conversations.’ it wasn’t a total excuse as he really didn’t know much about earth's mythology and the mythology he did know wouldn’t be the best considering they were from his world.

 

“Next up on the list is the… book of demons? That's rather to the point.” 

 

“Well most people tend to ignore those that aren't, when it comes to the more ‘darker’ things.” someone said behind him, prompting Alicia to turn and face the speaker. 

 

Standing not far from him was a very beautiful woman. He seems to have met a lot of them since he's come to japan.  The woman had soft amber hair that reached down her shoulders, how far it went exactly he couldn’t tell, and hazel eyes that seemed to smile at him. They wore what looked like a school uniform that was obviously a university judging by the looks of it. Beyond that they looked like a normal person, if a little off due to the ‘feeling’ around her.

 

“Really? Great, that just made this that much harder.” Alicia sighed. He knew it would help him if he had some sort of idea about the supernatural world but why did there have to be so many.

 

“It’s not as bad once you know what you're looking for. Here let me help.” the woman gave him another smile before gesturing for him to follow. They didn’t go far thankfully but the taller woman did reach to nearly the top shelf and grabbed a book. “Here, it's the best book on Supernatural creatures I know of. Out of curiosity, why are you looking for these kinds of books?”

 

Alicia sighed again. 

 

“My best friend is a part of an occult school club and I mostly hang out with them. I don’t really get what they're talking about half the time and I would rather not have them tell me about every monster or creature.” 

 

“Hmmm i get it, this book is the most in depth one i know of when it comes to supernatural creatures so hopefully it helps you.”

Hi there, hopefully this works, just letting you know that hopefully by the next chapter either the image will change or I will be posting a link showing what i believe Alicia to look like. 

5