Chapter 4
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a good day, Travis was right about getting both food and shelter. Raymond and many others had gone to look for the massive leaves on trees and found them without issue. Firegirl had been smiling for once! He needed to ask her name, so while they were working on the Hangover tents he started making one right next to the one she was working on, distant from the group.

Raymond started with ”Hey, I just wanted to know your name. I’ve been calling you ‘firegirl’ in my head and knowing your name would be slightly less off-putting.” 

Amber smiled ”Yeah, that’s not something I want to be called. The names Amber, yours is Raymond right?” She had this slight southern USA accent. How did Raymond know that? 

Raymond replied “Yep, so Firegirl, why don’t you just maintain the fires? It would be easier to just have you pyrokinesis a single fire for Pond right?” Pond was a girl who could literally just summon a single indestructible pot, she had been laughed at until everyone realized she had a pot to boil water in.

Cheers erupted nearby as a boy glowing with energy carried a dead deer walked into camp, with the hunting party behind him. Raymond smiled at the excitement.

 Amber almost growled, “I have no control over my Pyrokinesis, it’s hard enough to simply make a spark instead of a torna-“

“Travis! We need to explore the area around us! What if there are people who can help us? What if there’s a town? We need help to get home!” Sam was bellowing, out of nowhere. Raymond and Amber turned, but Amber rushed forward.

Amber ran up to Sam and Mittens and asked “Sam, what are you talking about? We need to get a foothold first before we explore. What if we upset something that we can’t just throw our powers at and hope it goes away?”

Sam took a deep breath, “Mittens, you agree that we need to know SOMETHING about the area around us!”

Mittens shot back with “I just want some warm sun to lie in until I’m needed for something. Travis may at least give me somewhere dry.”

Sam took another deep breath and said “If we find a town we can sleep in a barn that’s dry and warm!”

Mittens considered “Brenda and Travis already plan to make buildings that will block the rain. That’s guaranteed shelter if I wait.” Mittens started sauntering off, the hunting crew followed. Amber backed away.

There was Silence as everyone watched them slowly walk away. Sam scowled and screamed at everybody “Get back to work! We don’t have time for standing around!”

Raymond continued working on the hangover tent that Travis had come up with. It involved using the massive leaves that they had found to make protection from the wind from the east, west, and north. Travis claimed that southern winds were super rare if they were in the northern hemisphere as the cold from the north would blow down to the warm southern air.

The hangovers themselves were just some long sticks that a boy who could sharpen his body had cut into a stake, along with rope made from long grass growing in the river. Then you made a triangular prism that leaned down towards the north and attached 3 leaves to the sides and tucked them in.

Sam came over towards Raymond and said in that smooth voice “You’re doing it wrong, the leaves are supposed to be cut so that they fit the holes.”

Travis yelled from his corner of the camp, where he was attempting to improve his original tent blueprint, “Sam you’re not the most important person in the world, let Raymond do it the right way and butt out.” Sam started calmly walking towards Travis 

“Oh yeah? Well tell me why I should listen to you mr.powerless?” Travis stood up to his intimidating 170cm, almost shaking with rage.

”Sam, I’m just as worried as you. Maybe more worried. All you do is cover yourself in ink and boss people around. You haven’t even tried getting a group organized.” The thinly veiled anger seething throughout his words.

Sam’s skin stared leaking the black liquid Travis had mentioned, and they breathed “Sorry, I really do just need your help in organizing people to find out more about the area.”

Travis just looked at everybody but Sam and said “Well? What does everybody think? We need to do something about the constant rain. I’m offering a way to do so.”

With a few agreements echoing from the crowd that had been watching, Sam sighed and walked away, Travis did the same. Travis looked to Raymond, looked at his structure again and nodded.

Raymond wasn’t worried, It would be simple to just do both. They had nearly 63 people here. It’s easy to send a party of 5 or so to scout around and work on making something to write on(sam had ink after all!). Travis and Brenda had been talking for a while but he didn’t know what her power was that made her capable of making structures.

0