Ripples in the water
42 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jane went about the banality of her Sunday afternoon. Coffee ? Check. Croissants for hubby? Check. Laundry started? Check. Her phone vibrated in her pocket. Randy was back. She plopped on to her big, grey recliner. She hung her legs over the side letting her flip flops fall to the wood floor.

"We will fly around the world after my trip. I want to open your eyes to the world..."

"Trip? Where to?" Jane went on business trips often but only in California.

"Ghana, Africa."

Jane bit her lip. Why would a civil engineer based in New Jersey go to Ghana for business? He continued.

"I am presently in New Jersey a civil engineer dealing with road, bridges and building constructions. I am a world traveler, I have been to 14 countries all over the world. My job is demanding, no question about that. The reward is great."

Well, Jane surmised, that is possible. A recently divorced successful man in his 50s scrolling Instagram taken by her profile? Maybe. Then he dropped a nuclear bomb that nearly flattened Jane.

"I am also a secret agent with the US Army but highly secretive. I am a special agent, I don't put on a uniform, we make terror investigation around any war fighting countries."

Oh gawd, its one thing to flub your English but to actually claim to be a secret agent, ridiculous. She threw her phone onto the couch and had a large belly laugh. What was that quote? First rule about Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club.  She picked up her phone and immediately sent a Gene Wilder gif that said OH REALLY?

"ha ha...who is that?"

Red flag number 234. Randy continued as if he told Jane he sky is blue and water is wet.

"Right now I am completely detached and I would like to make that special woman like you feel loved, plant that kiss in her memory and make her know what real love is about." He dropped a phone number and kept typing.

"Let's talk faster. I seek for a serious and long relationship, someone I can spend the rest of my life with. What I am seeking is a woman as laid out as you.   A woman who is strong (not overbearing), loyal, respectful, kind and sweet. She carries herself like the queen she is in all situations. That arouse my intellect as well as physical desires. I want to share my entire self with her."

Still reeling from Secret Agent Man's disclosure, she simply stated, "Sounds ideal."

He kept on. "Well I like to tell you that I am a sensitive man who is honest, kind, caring and truth full. I want a forever relationship. I don't play games. You are so pretty in your words. Marriage is the ultimate goal." He then posted a pic of his dinner and said "join me"

Jane was truly in control of this communication at this point. She could block him, right now, and tell him to fuck off. Obviously, he was in an internet café in Africa catfishing. Her husband walked past her and sat at his computer but not before he stroked her face with his finger tip and kissed her forehead. She had all that Secret Agent Man was seeking. A real love, one that can weather the many storms of life. She decided, in that small display of affection that she had received often in their 15 years together, she truly loved her man. But at the same time, she decided to give this internet predator some play. Word play. Cat and mouse. She decided to play along with Secret Agent Man just as she enjoyed her Hay Day and Words with Friends.

 

0