V1C* – Save My Burning Soul
143 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My lungs are burning with the flames of sin. The charred and bloody wood crackled as I walked past. 

"Ahahahaha...AHAHAHA!"

I don't know why I'm laughing. No, I actually do. I'm laughing at myself, my own pitiful self. It's the only thing I can do. Laugh at my own life since I'm the one who did this. It doesn't matter if it was intentional or not, the result remains. I burnt everything down, even my own precious memories. No, I'm lying to myself. Even now I won't look at that lie. What a contradiction...I'm an idiot. That's why I don't know the reason I was chosen to become god. The worst kind of god. This has to be some kind of mistake. Well, I'll play the role if you want me to. There's no meaning in it all anyway.


She was turned to stone in front of me. The last one who defended me to the very end. It's laughable. Laughable how trash the human race really is. I was deceived and stolen from. In the end, I was betrayed. How truly pointless, them and I. Of course, I hate them all. My gut is on fire and wouldn't release this hate for a thousand years. Well, that fieriness is also because of the huge sword wound gushing my insides onto the floor. My vision and surroundings were dyed in red. My red and those of fallen comrades killed by their own. What did I do to deserve this? In my life, I've strived to be a role model, one with unbreakable morals and the will to become stronger. Well, in the end, I guess I'm just going to betray those ideals like throwing away a toy. Humans change so easily, don't they? That's why all humans are frustrating.

If I'm ever reborn, I'm going to live for myself. I will use my power and enjoy myself. I'll betray myself and repent for my truly useless past. I will never be a [Hero] ever again. My sight blurred as I died from blood loss. Truly a life dripping with misfortune. The misfortune of humans. 


I couldn't save a thing. The demon is dead and I lost my sword. It's not like I was expecting a big celebration but what is it with those eyes? I was quite familiar with that expression. Fear. In the end, they were gone and I was just there. It would be better if I wasn't. So I left, I left the world behind. The world that constantly changes, it's just not for me. One who can't save a thing that is. 

9