V1C7 – Coincidental Meetings
112 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ivis landed in a spot I was close to and burnt the surrounding trees. The one my back was against was just about to get singed but her magic stopped right before. I didn't die...lucky me. No one could see me with my reversed [Overpowering Aura] and [The One That Doesn't Exist] including Ivis. After seeing her impatiently waiting, I decided to ask Eris what her deal is.

"That is the Great Sage Ivis. She used to be a prominent figure in the old Human Kingdoms for her magic but she holed herself up in this forest for the past century and a half."

"I wonder why."

"Probably to leave the eyes of the gods. She can use various reality-bending forbidden spells. Why would they let someone like that run free?"

"I see..."

She's a seemingly adolescent human girl holding a curved black scepter. She has luscious ashen hair that passed by halfway down her back. She wore a decorated dark robe that emphasized the color of her deep purple eyes. She's surrounded by a mysterious and carefree aura.

Then, divine presences revealed themselves from the sky. They had pure white wings that exuded holiness, angels, except for one which was wearing a cloak. I didn't know if Eris had a face but she was definitely not smiling when the figure tore off her cloak flashily. Apparently, that's the Goddess of War and Victory Vania. After watching them interact for a while, we realized that they got the wrong idea. Ivis thought that Vania came to kill her while Vania thought that the immense power (or what felt like it) came from Ivis. 


Thouria POV:

After Vania-sama and 12 other angels including me descended from the divine realm, we made haste to the Great Ovrin Forest. As we flew above the concentrated trees we saw a small clearing. It was pretty unnatural considering it was in being the middle of a forest.

"Vania-sama we're heading down there."

"Aye."

We flew down to the clearing. Before entering we could see a single person. A human girl, the Great Sage Ivis. Anyone with basic detection abilities could tell she had a monstrous mana pool. The core of her scepter is also comprised of pure mana that could level a city if released. As we approached, she didn't run, it looked like she was prepared to receive us. Is this the one we're after? After landing, she began...

"Are you the ones here to kill me?"

What? We're just here to investigate.

"Hm, a few angels and the Goddess Vania...might be overkill for little old me."

"What you knew already?"

Vania showily ripped off her cloak. The cloak was woven with various hiding spells but she saw right through Vania's disguise immediately. As expected of the Great Sage Ivis, residing in the Great Ovrin Forest, den of monsters. If she's the one responsible for that then I could understand it.

"This presence and the one I felt earlier were a bit different. Hm, maybe my senses are just dulling." 

As both sides analyzed each other Vania jumped onto Ivis with breakneck speed. 

"Please...please fight meeee!"

"What are you talking about!? Get away from me, you weirdo!"

Everyone here presents the same glint in their eyes. Like they were looking at absolute garbage.

"...Is that really a goddess of war?"

"..."

The Goddess of War and Victory, Vania. It is said that she has the power to destroy the planet and fight advantageously against primordial dragons. She wore borderline bikini armor that was a caliginous black with slight tints of gold and red. The hue of her hair is a thick red that messily reached her shoulders. Her eyes were the same burning color. The immense pressure this great personage emitted was quickly dissolved like I was waking up from a dream. It's because she is now on her knees whining to a seemingly 14-year-old girl while clinging to her lower half.

"C'mon that thing I felt was you right? Living for a few centuries is sure to make you strong. How about it? Fight me, fight me!"

"NO!"

[Teleport]

"..."

"Did she really hate the idea that much?"

"To show such insolence to a goddess! Unforgivable! However, Vania-sama's behavior was a bit..."

"Heehh? They're just no fun!"

"Vania-sama not everyone likes fighting as much as you. It can cost mortals their lives after all."

"I guess your right. Should we just go home today..."

Her voice suddenly became ominously cold.

"I've lost interest."

"Ah, I see. But, we still need to find out what that presence was."

"Hm, I don't sense anything like that around. That Ivis was here though. Can't we just label it as her doing and leave?"

"Vania-sama you really only care about strong opponents...Well anyway, that might not be the truth of the matter and that would also mean Ivis gets targeted by the gods."

"Why?"

"With such power, you'd obviously assume to be some kind of weapon against your kind."

"I see...then if she completes that...she'll be even stronger than before?"

Vania began to smirk a little.

"Vania-sama what're you--"

"By the authority of the Goddess Vania, I order you not to tell the other gods about Ivis's plans."

I felt my soul tighten a bit. This is the [Authority of the Goddess Vania]. An ability given to gods to manipulate the wills of mortals. Astria-sama, being a lower-ranked goddess than Vania somehow, isn't able to override this authority completely. 

"Wha--Vania-sama why? Do you wish for the fall of the gods?"

"No, I just want to fight strong opponents. She'll get stronger, I can feel it. I can't have her eliminated now and spoil it all."

"Vania-sama that's--"

"This is how I do things. Obtaining victory at all costs is no fun. Obtaining victory without challenge is boring. You all fail to understand the true nature of war and victory. War is fought by the clash of ideas or the need for resources. But, a war in my presence can be fought for no reason at all! My ideal world is constantly at war. Where you defeat, raise the stakes, and win."

"That reckless attitude you can only take as a god...war without reason!?"

You're mad.

"That is--"

"That is?"

That is why you're worse than Astria-sama. Someone who waves around their twisted beliefs with raw power is the enemy of this world. To think there are gods such as you!

"We're going back."

"Y-yes."


Great Sage Ivis POV:

[Teleport]

I arrived in the middle of thick trees. 

"Hmm, a bit cramped."

[Fire Magic]

The surrounding trees burned to fine ash instantly and a clearing was made in the Great Ovrin Forest. 

"I can't feel it anymore...hm? Is that it? This feels more divine than the one earlier but I guess gods can disguise themselves like that huh."

I reaffirmed the notion in my head that the gods were broken beings. I had spent my life worshipping such gods for a while after all...


After meeting the Goddess of War and Victory Vania, I teleported away to my hidden bunker. I'm not staying with those freaky people anymore. Anyways, I had plenty of hidden bunkers for surviving catastrophic events but this one is just underneath my house in the forest. Minimal magics were cast on it but it could still probably withstand multiple explosives before busting open. I began packing my things. It's easy to take everything with [Item Box].

Still, to think that the Goddess Vania came right to me, I'm not lucky. As one of the strongest divine beings, my life would be considered as good as dead by many. She and the angels with her aren't good at tracking or spacetime magic so as long as I utilize those weaknesses I can outmaneuver them. Time to go on an adventure after these long years, for my own life's sake.


Haruko POV:

"As I thought, this is an isekai. But why do I have to see these guys right after transporting?"

"It's because you used your skill thoughtlessly."

"I was about to die! Nothing is thoughtless about that!"

"At least learn to control it. Otherworlders just gain power in a moment so they don't know how to use it. A lot of them also get swallowed by arrogance and rely too much on their skills."

"I don't think I could ever control anything like that though."

"Now, now, don't say that. You have to be optimistic!"

"Sure..."

"That [Overpowerer] title of yours should also have an effect. It probably won't let you control it all but it'll at least lessen the load."

"Thanks, I guess."

After Vania and the angels left, it's just Eris and me remaining while hidden. 

"Let's not try controlling it now. I made a mess of enough things already."

I lightly bit my lip and my expression darkened.

"Alright, some other time then. Anyways, let's see what's going on in the other places."

"Other places?"

"You didn't just bring them you know? I can feel the presence of demons and spirits too. I could feel dragons a while ago but now they're all gone which is a bit weird."

"Ok, lead the way."

Maybe to Eris this is fun. Like watching an interesting movie play out in front of you. For me, this is less enjoyable. I'm having to look at the consequences of my actions in the face. This skill, [Overpowering Presence] that supposedly scares people away is just attracting all the strong people. What a mess. I didn't ask for this at all!


Shidora POV:

"Spirits? We have no business with you. Begone."

"What a rude attitude. It has to be corrected."

"Move."

"Who do you think you are, lowly demons!"

"Lowly? You are in the presence of the Demon Lord's demon generals."

"That name means nothing to me. Do you not realize that you're looking upon the high-ranking spirits that directly serve the Spirit King Othius?"

"Ha. It doesn't matter what you are. We're here to investigate a strange presence, not meddle with you."

I remained unchanged but the other generals clearly shrunk back a bit when the name Othius was mentioned.

"Hm, so we're both looking for the same thing huh?"

"So you know about it. Whatever monster it is, it will fall under our control and no one else's."

"I don't really understand but it seems you intend to interfere with our investigation."

"Dakias-sama entrusted us with this mission. Some old spirits aren't going to get in the way."

"Again with that gaudy attitude...[Earth Spear]."

"[Earth Wall]."

The fight begins. The clashing of magic is loud and clear. Spirits are non-corporeal beings and so physical attacks don't work on them. This gave them a clear advantage over the demon generals. In addition to this, they were much longer lived and experienced in magic compared to the demons. They might be elites among demons but among the most skilled spirits in manipulating natural phenomena, they stood no chance. Except for one...

"You're not going to heaven or hell. Your very soul will be erased by my spear!"

I pulled out a menacing black spear from my [Item Box]. This is my cursed armament, a spear that cuts with the void of spacetime. I prepared my stance.

The spirit mocked back with an unimpressed look and started forming more magic.

My spear will rend space and the boundaries between worlds

That which is split will be void by my power

Erase that which I pierce

[Void Thrust]

"Wha--?"

The left arm and half of the spirit's torso were blown away into nothingness. I exhaled deeply after a large amount of mana exited my body. The spirit began laughing as mana slowly formed back to the erased places.

"Interesting! How many years has it been since I saw spatial attack magic?"

"Tch."

"What? You scared after your trump card failed?"

"We're retreating."

"Good, run away like the cowards you are. We have business here."

"Shidora! We're not retreating! This matter was entrusted to--"

"No, if we die here then the demon army will likely fall. With the addition of the heroes to Astean what we wish for will never be realized."

"But--"

"This is my choice and I'll take full responsibility. I'd like to keep my life."

The spirit spouted haughtily," It seems one of you has a working brain."

In an instant, the spirits were gone from view. 

The other generals and I began the teleportation spell back to the castle shortly after. I scowled slightly while thinking of how to address my King. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

8