V1C12 – Rising Trouble and the Slime
87 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Takahiro Nakamura POV:

"Let's save the world!"

What a cruel joke. Save the world? These people? LAUGHABLE! Truly laughable. The garbage that makes up Class 2-B is nauseating. These human dirtbags care about nothing but themselves. When I was getting beaten down by Hayama in plain view, who saved me? WHO? No one, they just watched silently or looked away. It's always the same, day in and day out. The chatter of Rei's harem makes my ears want to fall off and my grades are at rock bottom. But now, it's an isekai. An isekai where I can become the overpowered protagonist I was always meant to be! The girls will flock to me like moths once they see my ability. I can beat down Rei, Hayama, and anyone who opposes me. They'll regret ignoring a 'mob' like me! They call me dislikable, arrogant, and jealous, not even losers like that Rin Takahashi talk to me. I'll make you all pay...I'll make you all pay damn it!

[Status]

Name: Takahiro Nakamura Race/Age: Human/16 Class/Job: None Gender: Male
Level: 1 HP: 3/3 G MP: 8/8 F Condition: Confused
Strength: G+ Vitality: F- Speed: D+ Mind/Intelligence: F+
Dexterity: D- Resistance: D- Evasion: D+ Accuracy: F
Stamina: F+ Perception: F Luck: G Overall Rank: E+
-Skills List-

Skills: [Status] 

Magic: None

Passive: [Common Human Tongue Comprehension] [Japanese Comprehension]

Inherent/Unique Skills: [Ability Copy]

Protection(s): [Protection of the Spirit of Darkness Yoro - Dark Bind]

-Titles-

[Person from Another World] [Blessed by the Spirit of Darkness Yoro] 

[Ability Copy] - Copy any seen ability and reproduce an inferior version. This does not apply to protections.

[Protection of the Spirit of Darkness Yoro - Dark Bind] - Binds the target with darkness.

[Blessed by the Spirit of Darkness Yoro] - Title is given to one blessed by the Spirit of Darkness Yoro, a superior spirit.


Haruko POV:

Your skill has leveled up to [Hunger Resistance 3].

You have obtained the skill [Mana Deficiency Resistance 1].

[Mana Deficiency Resistance] - Obtained from having constantly low mana/mana deficiency. You become more resistant to exhaustion caused by low mana. 

I didn't listen to Eris and knocked myself out with magic training. This is the result, I didn't feel tired after all.

You have obtained the skill [Electric Shock 1].

[Electric Shock] - Shock targets with electricity.

Your skill has leveled up to [Water Ball 2].

You have obtained the skill [Regenerate 1].

[Regenerate] - Regenerate lost flesh. 

You have obtained the skill [Freeze 1].

[Freeze] - Make things colder such as air, water, etc.

I think I'm gaining skills at an extremely fast pace, but in reality, it's completely justified. It's the middle of the fourth day and all I've been doing is training and moving forward. I'm ignoring fatigue and hunger due to Eris's spell and water is being produced by magic. I learned a simple healing magic skill called [Regernate 1] to alleviate my body's strain. To very briefly summarize, I pictured the process of cell development and rebuilding tissue faster. Even though I can't feel my fatigued body, after this all, I should have a bit more muscles built up. All hail magic for making bodybuilding this easy. 

"Haruko."

"Hm?"

"I sense a monster...over there."

"It's been four days and we finally run into a monster huh..."

I can't pull out the [Blade of Severance] without maintaining [Overpowering Aura] in my arm so unless I want to alert the whole world where I am whilst I fight, I don't have that many tools to fight with. Using my unique skill would probably make the monster run away anyway and I want to level up! Of course, I do, it's a fantasy! I only have myself and magic to rely on here. Eris is a bit wishy-washy and might lend a hand or not. I keep telling myself not to rely on her too much since she's already doing plenty for me. I want to grow my own power anyways, relying on others is unforgivable.

We sneak around the trees and look at the monster. The only 'monster' that I've seen since coming to this world is a minotaur so what will this be?

"It's a slime."

"Yep."

The slime jiggled merrily as it bounced along. The squishy outline is about the size of a bean bag chair, it's relatively big. It's shaded a darkish green with a core in the middle. I can feel pure mana coming off of it faintly from here using my amateur perception abilities.

"A level 90 [Giant Slime], a slime bigger than average known for swallowing things whole and dissolving them. Slimes are also naturally good at regenerating and spitting acid so watch out."

"Alright, it'll die when I break the core or take the core out, right?"

"Yeah, I don't you think can stick your hand in that acidic slush though."

I thought for a moment.

"It's fine, I have a plan."

"You're probably thinking of something outrageous again."

"Hey, is this sheath important? Also, what's it made of?"

"Huh? It's not really important, I have plenty of spares. It's also made of normal metal..."

Alright, my mana right now is a bit low but...

"Let's begin, our monster hunt then."

I stood at the front, a distance away from the bumbling [Giant Slime]. A level 1 against a level 90? Time to show Eris what this me can do!

I shoot a [Water Ball] at the [Giant Slime].
I shoot an [Earth Shot] at the [Giant Slime].
I shoot a [Water Ball] at the [Giant Slime].
I shoot an [Earth Shot] at the [Giant Slime].

I begin casting these spells in alternation with [Mana-Infused Chanting] and the skills to save mana. Eris looks over at me curiously.

Her face just reads," Why're you wasting your mana?"

To answer her mind," It's for the sake of restricting its movement."

Many slime-like solutions in our world become harder when water is added. I'm just applying that rule here but it might not work since I don't know the ecology of this world's slimes. [Earth Shot] will pile dirt inside of it and it has to take time before burning through it all. It will also make the slime slightly heavier hopefully.

It might go through the dirt I make in only a few seconds but that's enough time. The slime stopped bouncing and turned its attention at the one flinging rubbish at it. Then, it spat out splashes of acid from its body which I tried to avoid. Only one grazed my left arm but a searing pain shot throughout my nervous system. This all happened in a few seconds.

You have obtained the skill, [Pain Tolerance 1].

[Pain Tolerance] - Your tolerance to pain.

It seems that Eris's spell doesn't affect pain from a slime's acid, to be expected. Now, while the slime is busy with my puny spells, I rush in at full speed.

[Concentration] 

Mana will gather and extrude solid Earth from the ground.

You have obtained the skill, [Earth Extrusion 1].

[Earth Extrusion] - You can extrude the Earth.

A foothold of Earth is created in front of me, I step on it to push my body up with all my might. It crumbles behind me but I've reached my goal. This is where the tricky part comes in. The slime is bound to send more acid any second. After jumping off the [Earth Extrusion] into the air, I twist my body and throw the sheathed [Blade of Severance].

"Reach it!"

The throw wasn't straight, it has the rotational energy from my arced arm. The sheathed sword is approaching the slime while spinning. This is key...

I made sure to memorize all my [Status] data and I know that the [Blade of Severance] can seemingly cut anything. A slime's body should be the same. But, I can't wield the sword without using my unique skill. I can't pick it up with magic either and I doubt I could kick it without hurting my foot. So, if I myself can't use the sword, use something else that can use the sword. Other objects can interfere with the sword just fine. If you think I'm talking about hitting it with [Earth Magic] or something, I'm not talking about that kind of interference. My [Earth Magic] can't even move something that heavy and might get cut by [Mana Severance] anyways. I'm talking about mechanical energy.

The sword is connected to the sheath as one system, one object right now. By rotationally throwing the sheath and releasing it, the sword must follow it. The sword doesn't register this as being used by someone, it's registered as a natural force of nature moving it as an object, so I can go without [Overpowering Aura]. The [Blade of Severance] is being hurled around a certain axis of rotation and as the points of the body get farther away from it, the speed increases. If I threw the sword while in the sheath and while holding onto the sheath, the sword would only fly tangent to the arc made by my arm. The blade wouldn't cut the slime's body, only the hilt would hit it.

The sheath hit the slime's body. This is perfect, the slime's elastic-like surface absorbed most of the kinetic energy. However, before it could return it, the [Blade of Severance] cut straight through the squashy body and a gaping separation was made apparent on the slime. When the sheath hit the slime's body, it lost energy and speed. But, the sword inside of it kept moving at the same rotational speed due to inertia and cut straight through the slime and sheath.

"Damn...I missed the core...but this situation is still salvageable."

The blade got stuck in the nearby ground after fulfilling its role and I kicked the sword-severed slime piece off before it could regenerate using the heel of my shoe. It burned three-quarters of the way to my sock with just a touch. I threw my school uniform blazer held in my left hand onto where I was about to land. Planting the soles of my shoes on the body, I then reached for the exposed core with my hand and chanted frantically.

My hand and everything around it will [Freeze].

I chanted and used the skill [Freeze] because it would both somewhat nullify the area around the core and the nerves in my hand. I tore the core out of the lopsided slime body and threw it behind me. The remaining slushy glop lost its form and poured all over the ground, dissolving what was nearby. Now, it's a pile of acidic soup, a disfigured sword sheath, the shreds of a blazer, and mounds of uneven dirt. I quickly ran from that area after I landed though so I wasn't burnt again.

"Ha...ha..."

I breathed hectically. The bottoms of my feet were fine (barely) but my shoes and socks were completely through. I don't know how well I can walk long distances without shoes, let's think about that later. The wound on my left arm is still radiating constant signals and I douse it in a stream of cool water. It's what you're supposed to do after suffering an acid burn, and the water produced by magic is completely free of microbes. I did the same with my right hand which had parts of the skin and nail seared off in the nastiest looking way. 

"That's amazing, you took down a level 90 [Giant Slime] at level 1...I thought you were just going to die trying."

"Thanks, you could have helped me though."

"I initially stuck with you since you're interesting as an otherworlder, that still exists even now, but now I think you're even more interesting. I'm definitely not leaving you and you can rely on me a bit more now. Maybe I've accepted you just a little more...? How should I say it...I had faith? No, that's my Haruko?"

Eris came out of my shadow and stared down at me as I sat on the ground. She was beaming her same mischievous smile. My first 'real' battle went smoothly. The reason I don't think I was too scared was because I had a plan and tools at my disposal. Also, adrenaline. While relaxing and experiencing the fight's aftermath, I heard notifications in my head.

[Level Up]

"...oh boy."

 

 

 

 

5