V1C13 – Level Up and the Disciple
236 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Level Up]

Your skill has leveled up to [Water Ball 3].

Your skill has leveled up to [Earth Shot 2].

Your skill has leveled up to [Regenerate 2].

Your skill has leveled up to [Freeze 2].

Your skill has leveled up to [Mana Deficiency Resistance 2].

You have obtained the skill, [Rotational Slash].

You have obtained the title, [The Prevailing Underdog].

You have obtained the title, [Strategist].

You have obtained the title, [The One With Unprecedented Growth].

You have obtained the title, [Monster Slayer].

[Status]

(Note: Luck value is spontaneous and can only be changed by skills not leveling up usually)

Name: Haruko Sakai Race/Age: Human/16 Class/Job: None Gender: Male
Level: 36 HP: 163/214 C+ MP: 1/309 A+ Condition: Fatigued, Hungry, Illusioned, Wounded, Mana Deficient 
Strength: A Vitality: B Speed: B+ Mind/Intelligence: A
Dexterity: B- Resistance: B Evasion: B+ Accuracy: B-
Stamina: A+ Perception: B- Luck: G Overall Rank: A
-Skills List-

Skills: [Status] [Concentration] [Rotational Slash]

Magic: [Fire Ball 1] [Mana-Infused Chanting] [Water Ball 3] [Air Bullet 1] [Earth Shot 2] [Light Beam 1] [Regenerate 2] [Freeze 2] [Electric Shock 1] [Earth Extrusion 1] 

Passive: [Common Human Tongue Comprehension] [Japanese Comprehension] [Fatigue Resistance 3] [Hunger Resistance 3] [Thirst Resistance 2] [Filth Tolerance 1] [Mental Fatigue Resistance 2] [Mana Deficiency Resistance 2] [Pain Tolerance 1] 

Inherent/Unique Skills: [Overpowering Aura]

Protection(s): None (Hidden: [Divine Protection of the Trickster God Briar - Return])

-Titles-

[Person from Another World] [Overpowerer] [The One That Doesn't Exist] [The One That Can Float] [Forest Wanderer] [Wielder of Magic Words] [Successor of the Blade Demon King] [Wielder of the Blade of Severance] [Revivor of Legends] [The Prevailing Underdog] [Strategist] [The One With Unprecedented Growth] [Monster Slayer] (Hidden: [Apostle of the Trickster God Briar])

-Equipment-

 - School Uniform (no blazer)
 - Destroyed shoes and socks
 - Adjustable Sheath: None
^ [Size Adjust] 

[Rotational Slash] - When a sword's range of motion rotates enough, it can increase the slashing power.

[The Prevailing Underdog] - Title given to one that is severely outmatched by the opponent and wins. Abilities are slightly boosted when facing much stronger opponents.

[Strategist] - Title given to one who formulates plans/strategies for battle. The capability of creating such plans becomes easier.

[The One With Unprecedented Growth] - Title given to one with unprecedented growth. EXP earned is slightly increased.

[Monster Slayer] - Title given to one that slays monsters. Attack damage against monsters is slightly increased.

I just got a sheath recently, yet it ended up being demolished by the slime. So, Eris gave me a new sheath that's the exact same as the old one. I also didn't notice until after using [Regenerate 2] on my acid burns, but my body's mana is quite lacking right now. In fact, it's getting hard to stay conscious, my [Mana Deficiency Resistance 2] must be in effect. At any rate, my level and raw stats have shot up at an abnormal pace, even I can tell. [The One With Unprecedented Growth] isn't very subtle don't you think?

Eris walks over and grabs the slime core I just pulled out. The mana coming out of it can be felt more definitely than when inside the slime.

With my breath a bit more steady," Hey, Eris, what are monster cores used for?"

"You can sell them at the Adventurer's Guild for money, use them as catalysts for magic, or use them as ingredients."

"I see, well that means I don't have an immediate use for it now. Save it in your [Item Box] please. I don't want to have to carry that around."

The [Giant Slime]'s core is about the size of a baseball. While I lay on the floor,  Eris tried putting the [Blade of Severance] back into the sheath but to no avail. She tried using magic but it was either cut or repelled. Even when she tried to drop the sword into the sheath using [Earth Magic] from the ground, the sword unnaturally twisted. She turned back to me looking bored...

"What're you going to do now?"

"Just let me...rest for a bit..."

This is my limit, my consciousness faded and I fell into a deep sleep. Mana deficiency is no joke.


Trickster God Briar POV:

While Haruko was asleep...

"Even though you're just a sword...why aren't you...!"

I exhaled deeply after failing to pull up the [Blade of Severance].

"How about this!"

I released some of my divinity and tried the same action. It was picked up without a hitch. 

You have obtained the title, [Wielder of the Blade of Severance].

"Haha, I got a bit too frustrated at a sword...I look like an idiot."

I put the sword back into the sheath and laid it next to Haruko's sleeping body. He looks a bit defenseless when he's like this...

"Let's just hide in his shadow until he wakes up since there's nothing to do out here."

I entered his shadow, the warm murky place of freedom. A couple of hours pass and Haruko remains motionless. He really did push himself today after all...

"Hm?"

She stood there looking below at Haruko's body and the sword by his side. A humanoid with gray wolf-like ears and a stylish short tail made her look more like a beastkin/demi-human (synonymous). However, there is no doubt, that she is a demon and a powerful one at that. I hid the [Status] of Haruko to prevent him from getting appraised. Slightly frowning after she presumably tried to, she drew her shining blade with intricate designs spanning the hilt. I didn't stop her as I couldn't feel any hostility. She swung...

[Sword of Illusions: Illusion Severance]


Haruko POV:

I woke up with a jolt and a revolting pain diffused along my body. My muscles screamed in pain, my throat begged for water, my stomach growled for food. It seems I regenerated a reasonable about of mana in the time I was out but...

Your skill has leveled up to [Pain Tolerance 2].

Your skill has leveled up to [Pain Tolerance 3].

What the hell is this!? I immediately tried to turn but everything ached too much. I can't move and I'm in insufferable pain...this sucks.

"It seems you're awake."

I look over at the source of the voice. A wolf demi-human? She wore a cosplay-like maid battle suit...how do I react to this? She had short hair and bright crimson eyes. She also bore two sword sheaths at her hips. One had a sword inside and the other was empty, its sword is presumably in her hand right now. After seeing me react in agony she said...

"Maybe, I shouldn't have cut the spell..."

I couldn't make out a reply, even her words seem hazy right now. 

"Let's just do this..."

She grabbed onto my legs and told me to wrap my arms around her. I did so after a hasty deliberation and began to piggyback ride on her back. She smells nice...

She began moving lightly forward...more like intensely. Her brisk pace felt like a competitive sprinter's. My view is limited by the pain and everything now appears murky in my mind. I don't have time to consider who this person is and if they're suspicious or not. I closed my eyes and once again fell asleep while latched onto the back of a mysterious woman. Sleep to drive away from the pain.


I awaken in a residence made of stone and wood. It's not particularly aesthetically pleasing or unacceptable. It does feel homey, but it would be a bit better if there weren't things scattered all over the floor haphazardly.

I'm assaulted again by potent hunger and thirst, my stomach twists into itself and I crouch my upper half down. Then, I see it, salvation. A full plate of food laid out on the counter beside me with glassed water as well. I hastily gobbled it all up (with the fork laid beside it). I probably should've considered the threat of poison but I don't think the one who took me here is that kind of person. My muscles feel impossibly sore but that didn't matter.

I don't know what kind of food this is but it's delicious. It has no rice, just a mixture of plants and meat. What kind of meat is this I wonder...

You have obtained the title, [Monster Eater].

So that's the kind of meat...

With some food and water in me and my plate cleaned off, I took a better look at my surroundings. I remember the person who 'kidnapped' me I guess? No, maybe she did the reasonable thing since I'm alone, wounded, and starving in the Great Ovrin Forest. She wore a maid outfit...why...? She had an unresistable face and long gray twin-tail locks too. Those proportions were also on par with Katsumi...

"Eris, you there?"

A familiar voice shot up from my shadow.

"What's up."

"Where am I?"

"The house of the demon lady that brought you here."

"Demon...I'm not going to get eaten or anything right?"

"Who knows?"

That does not make me at ease whatsoever, learn some delicacy Eris. My stomach still growled but at least my hunger is somewhat alleviated. I haven't eaten in days after all. My mana has made a nearly full recovery too.

"Why did I start feeling the effects of hunger and the like again?"

"That maid demon cut through the illusion spell I cast."

"I see..."

I wasn't that surprised since I already knew that it's possible to do so. If I could wield the [Blade of Severance] properly, I might be able to use [Mana Severance] on myself and produce the same effect. Still, to have a sword like that, she must be a powerful demon. 

"She's coming back."

"Huh?"

Eris went silent and I dumbfoundedly looked at the door to the room I'm in. 

"Hello~"

"Uh...hi."

She brought in some more of the same food from earlier and placed it in front of me. She smiled moderately after seeing the previous plate cleaned and refilled my water with magic. I immediately scarfed it all down at a pace that defied conventional eating speed. After finishing, I looked up at her face. She has gray wolf ears, a tail, flowing twin-tails, and eyes of crimson hue...and is a maid...

"So, sorry if this is rude, but who exactly are you?"

"I'm Luna Hethal. Disciple of the Blade Demon King, Kazo Heuter from a couple of centuries ago. Currently, I'm known as a demon that protects the ruins of Ezot and lives in the Great Ovrin Forest."

"A couple of centuries ago? You look to be about in your mid-20s though..."

"20s? Oh, you mean by human standards. So, you really are human huh. That's right, I'm a 486-year-old demon. I'm just using transformation magic to make me look like a wolf beastkin right now."

"Sorry, this is a lot to take in...the Blade Demon King...you mean the one who owns the [Blade of Severance]?"

"It is so."

"W-wait where's the sword? I forgot to put it back after fighting that slime!"

"It's right here."

She pointed beside the bed I'm currently in. The night-black sword showed its end out of the sheath. I breathed a small sigh of relief and looked back at Luna.

"Um...Hethal-san--"

"Luna is fine."

"Ok, Luna, did you put the sword back into the sheath for me?"

"No, I'm not able to wield the sword. It was you wasn't it?"

Was it me? It could've been since my memories of then are a bit hazy from the pain...no then I couldn't have mustered up the will to utilize [Overpowering Aura]. Was it...Eris? She's chosen by the sword? There are even more mysteries raised about her now. Before I could answer, I felt something off but I couldn't quite place it.

"Hm? Are you okay? You're spacing out um..."

"Haruko. The name's Haruko Sakai."

"Haruko...how did you get the [Blade of Severance]?"

"We ran into it in the Ezot ruins and pulled it from the ground with my unique skill [Overpowering Aura]."

"We? [Overpowering Aura]?"

WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING!? Why am I being so honest with her? I don't think I'm this much of a pushover when it comes to women...no this has to be her doing!

"We as in Eris and I. Eris is the shadow demon I met after coming to this world and [Overpowering Aura] is the skill obtained from that transfer. It allows me to emit a powerful presence from my body that can't be ignored by mortals."

"..."

"Y-you...Luna WHAT DID YOU DO!?"

"I just put some herbs that function as a truth serum into your food...isn't that fine?"

"It's not fine! You literally know all my secrets now!"

"Is Eris with you?"

Eris popped out from my shadow.

"Yo."

Luna was a bit surprised after the sudden entrance.

"To evade my detection abilities...you're one sly demon."

"Thanks."

"Even now, I can't see either of your [Status]."

"That's a good thing!"

"Calm down there otherworlder."

I hung my head down.

"So, you were able to pull out the sword with a skill...it's far-fetched but I can see it happening as you're from another world."

"And? Why do you care about the sword?"

"It's my goal to collect all seven of Kazo-sama's swords. As of today, I have three in my possession and with a wielder for the [Blade of Severance] that makes four. I only stayed around Ezot because the [Blade of Severance] was there. I couldn't find the other three blades as well so I just decided to check daily for the case where someone is finally recognized by this sword and draws it."

"Sorry, I was kind of acknowledged by it underhandedly with my unique skill."

"No, that's fine. Your skill is a part of you, something you're blessed with that you should use to your advantage. There's nothing wrong with using that."

"I don't know if your consoling me or something but do you want the sword? I don't want trouble so you can have it."

"It's useless to me as I can't wield it. You're the only one who can despite having to use your unique skill."

"So...are you letting me keep it?"

"Sure. I'm just going to keep tabs on you from now on."

"Why?"

"I don't want the sword to end up in the trash or something..."

"I won't do that!"

"Lots of things can happen. I haven't had much to do for the past centuries so this little mission with the [Blade of Severance]'s new wielder might be fun."

"Really? I can't really even fully utilize this sword. In the first place, I'm not even a swordsman."

"I can tell because of the muscles you've built. In that case, I'll teach you. The dual-wielding style used by the Blade Demon King."

"Dual-wielding? Sounds hard..."

"It's fun! In the case you do, you can live, eat, and sleep in this house as well. Just make sure to give it your best shot okay?"

"Eris what do you think?"

"Do what you want."

"Swordsmanship...sure I'll take you up on that offer. Please let my muscles recover first though."

"Of course!"

Luna looked back at me happily, I can tell she hasn't had a proper conversation with anyone for a long time.

5