BK 1: Chapter 18 General Madens
1.7k 3 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First Advent Jor sits in a dark throne room, glowing blue crystal orbs dimly lighting the room, just barely shining upon his face.

 

Getting off his throne Jor walks down towards the corridor, passing a pile of carved stones with runes on them, he pours Mystic into them.

 

The stone pieces rumble and shake lifting into the air, then coming together like puzzles pieces, forming a stone golem wolf-like hound.

 

The golem hound filled with Mystic follows Jor closely behind, like a dog obediently following its master.

 

They exit through the throne room doors into a large hallway, they pass an open room missing a wall, the inside fully exposed to passersby.

 

Hundreds of thousands of golem hounds fully assembled sleep on the stone floor. They lay dormant, their swirling cores of mystic energy surrounded by multiple turning stone rings that both absorb the power and keep it confined within the golem hounds. 

 

The golem hound turns its head looking at the spectacle as they pass the room, then quickly catches up to its master Jor, who has already moved on ahead.

 

They continue down the long hallway passing similar rooms filled with golem hounds, even passing a small armory.

 

They go by another open room filled with stone humanoid golems line up in rows, standing dormant, their mystic cores still churning.

The stone rings turning around the Mystic cores, go as so far to constantly condense small amounts of ambient mana/aether into tiny amounts of Mystic, keeping their cores from gradually running out.

 

The curious golem hound paying attention to quite a number of the rooms, they finally come to a massive open chamber at the end of the hallway.

 

Hundreds of thousands of 10-foot tall draconic wolves sleep upon the ground hibernating, one of them stretching and yawning as they enter the room, then slumping down and curling up to further hibernate.

 

Hearing the sound of raspy squawking the golem hound looks up, it sees hundreds of thousands of turkey-sized wyverns, perched up in the stone rafters.

 

Most of them sleeping, a few flapping their wings to stretch as they squawk, before folding them back up and nuzzling their heads back underneath their wings going back to sleep.

 

Jor not paying the beasts any mind continues down the center path of the massive chamber unabiding. His newly assembled and curious golem hound trotting to catch up to him.

 

Coming to a tall flight of stairs going up seemingly without end, they begin their trek again.

 

Several hours later they come to the top a massive stone door without a handle or lock blocking the way.

Jor stretches his hand forth to touch it and it withdraws into the ground, letting in bright light from the surface.

 

Adjusting his cloak Jor steps through the entrance out onto the surface, his cloak flapping once as he does so.

 

Coming out of a small hill on the edge of some plains Jor followed by his golem hound, head into the forest in front of them.

 

They walk through the temperate forest for a while until they find a path and keep walking.

 

Finally, they come upon a small clearing with a cabin and a few massive tree branches chopped into logs and stacked up on their side, an ax wedged into a wooden chopping block.

 

Approaching the door a tall buff old human man with a long white beard walks out to greet them.

 

Old man, “And just who might you be.”

 

Jor, “I have come to recruit you, I need a general.”

 

Old man, “And what makes you think I’d join you, hm. 

I’m going back inside now, and I suggest you leave, before I do something…

Unsavory.”

 

Jor, “I can give you children, Madens. 

I can make you young again too.”

 

The old man named Madens stops halfway through the doorway his head crouched to get through.

 

He turns back and stands outside the doorway his hand on the doorframe.

 

Madens, “and what do you mean by that, boy.”

Jor lowers his hood, revealing his face.

 

Jor, “I am the first advent of Ethereal.

I want you to be my general.

In exchange, I can make you young again, restore your fertility, and vitality, even help you find a wife.

In exchange, I would like you and your bloodline to serve me and the cause.

I’ll even let you sleep as much as you want until Orcrox’s arrival is imminent.

He’s coming Madens, and in five thousand years he’ll be here.”

 

Madens, “You’re really him huh.

Ethereal’s first advent.

Ok fine, I’ll tell you what.

I’ll join your army, and I’ll be one of your general’s.

However, in exchange, I want knowledge and assurance that me and all of who are of my bloodline, will get a spouse that will grant them children of their own blood.

Deal?”

 

Jor, “Deal.”

 

Madens, “Good.

Now let’s begin.”

 

 

 

 

 

37