BK 1: Chapter 27 Following The Trail
1.2k 1 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

After I passed another mountain range and followed the trail through the forest, I have come to a large grassland.

I look around at the lush green grass 4 feet tall and only a few massive trees dotting the landscape.

In the distance I see the tree line, almost like a distant mountain range miles away.

I see herds of large black deer with lots of muscles, heading toward a small lake with a spring shooting high into the air like a fountain.

I walk down the massive trail of footprints cutting through the tall grasses.

After a bit I hear a rustling and see a lone black deer looks at me before dashing off.

I spot some giant crows flying in the sky, before a wyvern comes out of nowhere and snatches up one of the giant crows, before take off in the distance to my left.

“Glad I’m not heading in that direction.”

………………………………………………………………………………………

After walking for about an hour more heading towards the spring lake, I see a rustling ahead to the right at the edge of the trail.

A cat the size of a labrador, with green scales and yellow eyes with a swaying reptilian tail walks towards me with three more in tow behind it.

It runs towards me and leaps towards me biting my right arm only for its fangs to break on my skin, some type of clear fluid gushing out of them.

Maybe its venom.

I then stomp on the cats head while its in a daze, thus killing it.

The other two look at me then their fellow and run back into the grass out of sight.

………………………………………………………………………………………

Finally making it to the pool, I bend down and cup my hands scooping the water into them before drinking.

Looking up I see a wide variety animals and even a few magical looking ones taking a drink.

I’m staring at a small herd of black deer drinking from the lake on the otherside when out of the grasses pounce something between a tiger and a cat the size of a truck covered in red scales with large spiky plate on its upper back and neck a ridge running from its forehead.

The creature catches a black deer in its maw and begins to devour it in large hasty bites before attack a few more that didn’t make it to the grass yet.

Its nostrils spewing short burst of flames when it exhales heavily a few times.

I begin to sneak into the grasses behind me.

Slowly walking backwards until I freeze when I see it look directly at me and licks it chops, like I’d be a fantastic meal.

Suddenly it opens its mouth a breath out a fireball the size of a boulder and I dodge, leaping to my right as it hits the ground where I was crouching.

I get up and take off into the grass as fast as I can, looking back behind I see I have covered about a mile in a few seconds but the creature is already bounding behind me having crossed the lake in but a moment.

I pick up the pace and lose the creature in the forest before making a u-turn around the edge of the grassland, while maintaining cover in the forest.

I run for the rest of the day and through the night after that, before coming to another grassland again but much smaller in comparison.

The star-stream brightening I see two massive armies on the horizon when I notice something.

“What is that?”

28