BK 1: Chapter 46 A Royal Audience
885 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Outside two giant bronze doors covered in ornate carvings stands Marquess Jay Night.

The door loudly creaks open and a voice rings out, “Marquess Jay of House Night, you may now see his royal highness King Octavius Mendes the 11th.”

Jay walks toward the throne then kneels before his king on one knee with his fist over his heart.

Jay addresses his majesty, “Your Majesty, I have a matter of great importance to discuss.”

King Octavius 11th answers, “You may speak, Marquess.”

Jay, “With the miasma field increasing in size, I along with many of my troops went on an expedition into the miasma field.
Upon reaching the closest mountain we encountered a non-sentient fire dragon, with patches of black scales and red glowing eyes.
We also encountered a winged woman with horns, four red eyes and pitch-black skin, who seemed to be corrupting the dragon with red energy.
The dragon was corrupted by the woman and grew another set of red glowing eyes, it’s black scales spreading all over its body.

The dragon devastated my forces and I engaged it in battle, after sounding a retreat.
The beast gifted me this scar, you’ve no doubt noticed on my eye.
Even now I can feel the burning pain whenever I remember how I got it.
I only managed to survive because an old dragon killed the corrupted dragon.
Two more showed up after that, one eating the strange horned woman whole, and the other burning the forest to the ground with deep blue flames.
I felt it urgent to let you know of this matter, my king.”

Bowing his head, Marquess jay waited for his king’s response.

King Octavius 11th, “Leave us.”

Head Royal Guard Jose, “But my King?!”

King Octavius 11th shouted again louder this time, “I said leave us!!”

With that all but Marquess Jay and King Octavius the 11th left the throne room.

With everyone gone, the king stands up from his throne and walks toward the window looking out at the horizon.

King Octavius 11th, “You may rise.”

Rising Jay sees the king beckoning him forth to join him at the window.

King Octavius 11th, “What I am about to tell you is a secret of the royal family.
Millenia ago the night after my ancestor retook this city from the dark lord, he was visited by a being much like you described.
She was his sister, but she had been corrupted by the dark lord.
It’s was through their conversation that my ancestor found out that not only his sisters and his own mother were corrupted, but all of the city’s previous citizen were as well.
They called themselves Daemons and they are evil incarnate.
The vile servants of Orcrox.
You must understand this secret must stay between us, for if anyone ever found out, I fear what they would do.”

Marquess Jay, “Yes my king, however considering how things have escalated and these…
Daemons may have multiplied over the millennia…..
Perhaps it is time defensive measures be taken.
I have already ordered a northern border wall to be built in my fief, perhaps that would be the best place to start?”

King Octavius 11th answers, “I fear you may be right, perhaps it is time to take…. Measures.”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Years became decades and decades became centuries as Jay’s fief expanded eastward into the wildlands then the bloodlands.

All due to his runic knights and runic mages.

Eventually, Rune Master Gerald found a way to combine mana, crystals, graphite, and water to make magic ink for runic tattoos that gave of no light, unless intended.

The Trones kingdom built border walls, recruited spymasters, and trained assassins.
They copied the Night Region’s economic, agricultural and military model, his ways spreading not only among the Trones Kingdom but throughout the Eastern Continent.
Monarchs came and went, eventually Jay’s fief became his own kingdom.
It gained independence from the crown by royal decree, lest they risk a revolt.

The human’s coastal and island nations on the western side of the Eastern Continent traveled deeper and deeper into the sea. Constantly advancing their shipbuilding, and sea navigation.

It would not be too long before they reached the Western Continent.

21