BK 1: Chapter 49 Festival of The Dragon Tribe
894 0 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Slowly stalking through the tall blue-green grasses, I cast a stealth spell with my intent.

My body becomes invisible and my footsteps silent as I stop when I see a thunder stag.

Its blue fur shines in a ray cast from the treetops, as its glowing blue horns crackle with lightning.

A Thunder Stag.

I lift my spear, the thunder stag lifts its head looking around its ears flicking about.

I inhale, hold my breath, steadying my spear, then throw and exhale, the spear piercing the thunder stag to the ground.

Dead.

I stand and release my intent, the stealth spell disappearing and I become visible.

The light casting through the leaves shining down and reflecting off my pale skin.

Squinting at my fallen prey with my slanted eyes, I walk toward the thunder stag's corpse.

I place my foot on its hide and use the leverage to pull out my spear.

I grab its leg and hoist it over my shoulder, some of the blood getting in my black hair.

I think back to the skinny little boy I used to be, and reflect on how if Reicus had not taught us how to cultivate mana, I would not have this strength.

I then begin the long walk back home.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………….

I make it back after dark, the fire of the festival lighting my way.

Entering the clearing I see my tribe singing and dancing, some of the older women preparing the feast, others bringing fruit baskets before Reicus for tribute.

I walk up to Reicus seeing fruit baskets and dead animals, even roast meat, presented in front of the sleeping dragon.

He opens one of his eyes, then the other and lifts his head, opening his mouth to speak.

Reicus, “Waka you made it back.”

Waka, “Yes, I brought you this.”

I set down the Thunder Stag in front of Reicus, and kneel in seiza.

Recius stares at the thunder stag, a large drop of drool leaking out of his mouth and almost touching the ground before he wipes his mouth with a claw.

Reicus, “You know all this isn’t really necessary?”

Everyone calms down and stops to watch the conversation. Their hands clasped in adoration.

Waka, “Yes, we know, but this is our way of thanking you.
It’s already been ten years since we first came here and if not for you we wouldn’t be here.
So please, eat.”

Reicus opened his mouth to say something but then paused and decide to just accept.

As Reicus ate the thunder stag in one bite and began chowing down on the rest of his tribute, the festivities started back up again.

Thus the festivities continued throughout the night well past dawn.

Reicus even taking human form again to party with the rest of us.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Nine Months later over half the tribe's women gave birth and the tribe grew.

However, not all of them were human.

For several women, gave birth, to dragonkin.

23