BK 2: Chapter 9 The End of an Era
139 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the meeting with myself and my inner circle, my sister/wife Reyla dove deep into the void below origin just out the reach of visibility, into the shadow of Origin. A shadow supernatural in nature. My brother Acyl dived into the Eastern Continent of Origin burrowing deep into the earth and using enchanting to have the roots of Origin’s massive trees wrap around him like a cocoon, as he slowly drained essence from them. Jesyl flew to the Styx and subdued the local starborn around her with force before enchanting them into hibernation. She rested in the rays of the Styx and absorbed them, channeling the essence of the Styx into herself through meditation, taking breaks occasionally to study the Styx’s inner workings.

Walking out of the great fortress and down its great steps I floated off the ground with my psychokinesis I flew into the sky of Deus and out into the void towards Ethereal’s great slumbering body. Still guarded by the tempests.

As the source of magic, knowledge, and creation, truly Ethereal is the source of all power. I must seize this chance to ascend to even greater heights.

I approach the wall of tempest’s guarding Ethereal and am stopped.

Tempest Guard, “Identify yourself, Overseer!”

Ugh there it again that mundane title, we are so much more than managers, we are gods!

Razyl smiles politely and tilts his head, hands clasped, “I am Razyl Crown Prince of the Gods. I mean ahem, I am firstborn of the Ancestral Overseers. I am here to meditate in the presence of the Great One and gain enlightenment from his aura.”

Bunch of schmucks, I’m here to cultivate the Ethereal’s energies the source of all magic.

Tempest Guard, “I see, a fellow follower of the path… You may pass.”

After stepping out of my way the stupid tempests let me through and I made my way too as close to Ethereal as I could bear without injury from his aura. With that I crossed my legs and assumed a Buddhist pose from the memories inherited from father through his connection with Ethereal. Truly there are many mysteries. 

After I stabilized the flow of Mystic cultivation I reach out with my mind and contact one of my followers.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

I gazed out at the various lights of the medieval city below me from atop my temple on the highest hill in the city. My high priestess came up the hill with a procession of priestesses and kobolds carrying a roasted bull, then they laid it before me. 

High Priestess, “Lord Drako, the King of Drakengard has summoned you. He said to make due to the palace post haste, my lord.”

Drako, “Hmmm. I wonder what he could be summoning me for at this time of night.”

After making my way to the palace, I met King Drazeus of House Oakenheart in his throne room. Once I was in the center of the throne room a strange magic circle lit up the room around me. Blue mana chains wrapped around me as I struggled. I attempted to breathe fire upon the king but a number of chains quickly ensnared my snout. The king managed to dodge what little mystical mana flames I managed to breathe out. I began to sink into the center of the strangle magic circle and as I did the king began his monologue.

King Drazeus, “You know Drako when the God of Power Razyl first offered me true power in exchange for sealing you I was shocked. I mean what does a little drake like you have in this small corner of the thirteen worlds have to do with him. Then when he revealed you were competition for believers I was even more surprised. I mean who would think the Great Lord Drako would one day lay at my feet, in chains. All because, he was competing, for believers.

That said now that we’re actually here it’s a little lack luster don’t you think? Hmm? However, with you out of the way I will have full reign of the nation that now has become the most powerful kingdom on the western coast. Now with the miasma receding further into the Great Eastern Woods, who knows we might just conquer the world. Meanwhile, you’ll be right here, trapped, under, my, feet.” He then stomped one foot toward Drako for emphasis.

King Drazeus, “Don’t worry I’ll take real, good, care, of your kobolds. Mwahahahaha! My men have been preparing for this day for ten years, and you didn’t even notice!” He grinned the four long canines of his drake bloodline bestowed upon his ancestor flashing, his blue drake-like eyes wrinkling at the corners.

In my anger I attempted to roar but with my mouth forced shut, only a low rumbling growl like rolling thunder came out. I attempted to use magic again but now every time I attempted to cast a spell it was negated. My mystical mana dispersed. Breathing heavily I sank into the floor, not knowing when I would next see the light of day.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

I watched from underneath the still slumbering Ethereal, smiling as my servant King Drazeus drove the kobolds from his kingdom after successfully sealing the greater drake. He did well. I sent the magical knowledge promised to him via the mana link between us, inscribing it upon his brain. 

I watched further as the kobolds spread through Origin and eventually much of the thirteen worlds. Their drake bloodline degrading over the centuries until most of them were far shorter and weaker than ever before. Many of them worshiped dragons and greater drakes, while begging to be infused with their bloodline. Many of the first generation elemental dragons did so changing their original coloration to a much more colorful variety.

Satisfied with my observations, I entered a trance to help speed up the absorption of Ethereal’s energies.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Author's Note: Saw I bunch of followers of webnovel.com so I finished an old chapter I was working on years ago. So you guys get one too. The schedule is irregular.

 

2