BK 1: Chapter 7 Rise & Fall
2.6k 10 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A woman with long beautiful black hair, a matured bust, healthy body and thick arms with thick muscles and little definition, walks away from the tree line behind her.

Several primitive humans from her old tribe sprawled out against trees, in craters and various other positions as if blown back by some invisible force.

Their bodies are broken and burnt smoke rising from them.
Clouds of dust still rising from were they landed not moments ago.
The men had attacked her only moments ago.

The woman slips on her white open robe over her ornate golden robe as she walks past the head priestess, who is dressed in a simple brown robe.

Head Priestess, “The Chief has arrived, Oracle Ori.”

The Head Priestess bows her head as Ori passes her before striding to meet her pace.

Ori asks, “Has he prepared what I had requested.”

Head Priestess responds, “Yes. Oracle Ori.”

Ori, “Good, then let us begin.”

They walk through the primitive mostly green garden, past a gazebo and towards the large ziggurat pyramid, that has been carved out of the summit of the mountain.
………………………………………………………………………………

My deep blue swirling eyes gaze down at Origin, as my ethereal storm-like body of cobalt, and black with the occasional streak of gold lightning, floats in the void surrounding Origin.

I watch as Ori and so many of my other Oracles like her, launch the conquest of other fellow human tribes, all in my name.

Surprisingly only Eri a rather barbaric elf Oracle, that I chose, took a different approach.

Instead of launching full out wars on the other tribes, she instead opened diplomatic relations and when that didn’t work challenged the chiefs of every nearby tribe to a one on one duel.

The winner, always Eri, would then assimilate the loser tribe, into her tribe as their new chief.

This helped start their warrior rites of passage and the tradition of chiefs challenging each other to a duel, instead of outright war.

The elves were becoming more and more of a warrior race, but still highly respected nature.

Around the world, people moved forward.

Ori helped her chief to conquer several other tribes before her passing, helping found the first human chiefdom.

Still, many other human tribes remained yet to be conquered.
The Regals somehow managed to unite their entire race, which surprised me.

Apparently with their high intelligence and analytical minds it was relatively easy to convince most of the other tribes the benefits of their race being united as a collective whole.

Those that didn’t willingly join were either assassinated or overpowered by the rests collective numbers, sometimes even blackmail and other forms of manipulation were even used.

They even managed to conquer a few tribes of Wildes, before I had to send a message to their Oracle and have one of my overseers get involved.

Luckily that stopped them from conquering a whole other race, but unfortunately, they held on to the few tribes they had already conquered.

They went as far as making those tribes into second-class citizens, referred to as the Hornless.

Despite the Regals actually having antlers they had yet to define them as separate from horns until much later.

Even then only calling them “Superior Horns” and actual horns, “Lesser Horns” or simply “Horns”.

The main unconquered tribes of wildes or free wildes didn’t even take notice of the conquering of those other tribes as they hadn't even met them yet.

The free wildes instead waged massive territorial wars, only about a third of them uniting before their first oracle passed.

The dwarves managed to unite a little less than half their race by way of their Oracle having discovered alcohol via a message from me.

After this discovery, they managed to get all the other discovered dwarf tribes hooked on the fermented liquid.

In turn, many voluntarily joining them, not even bothering to try to conquer the rest who didn’t join, and instead, selling them alcohol as their only supplier.

After about two centuries the rest of the dwarves just went ahead and joined them out of sheer addiction and enthusiasm for the stuff.
Dwarves were….. surprisingly laid back.

That is until the other races met them even striking the dwarves first.

That’s when I learned don’t f##k with dwarves.

While laid back and usually peaceful, that was only if you didn't disrespect them or harm one of them.

Their culture highly values manhood, family, and respect, though they didn’t value table manners or formality, the moment someone called out their manhood, family, decency, or flat out insulted one them, they were in fir an #ss whooping.

The moment one of them was killed by a human they launched a full-on scorched earth conquest.

Cities were razed villages were conquered, forests were burned to the ground and their ground was sown with salt.

It took several Overseers, about ten messages to their Oracle and quite a few of Fucius's descendants, to stop them from conquering all of humanity.

By then the Five Guardians, the Origin Dragons, Fucius, Shiela, Jang Khan, Verna, and Einhardt managed to have children.

They didn't "really" have a concept of marriage, but Verna tended to mate with Jang Khan, and Shiela tended to mate with Einhardt.

Every now and then Verna or Shiela sometimes both would sneak off to Origin and mate with Fucius.

They seemed to think he was special and held him in high regard due to him guarding Origin directly, as opposed to the rest of them patrolling all the time.

The Five Guardians were called the Origin Dragons by mainly their descendants, and their 1st generation of dragons were called, Firstborn.

Due to the nature of how most of the origin dragons power resided in their body and not genetics only a fraction of it was passed onto their children degrading with almost every generation.

The Firstborn Dragons had about a tenth of their parent's power but considering their parents were made from pieces of my body in proportion to a finger each, that was quite a lot.

The firstborns children were called Elder Dragons they had about a 20th of the Origin Dragons power.

Elder Dragons lasted for about 3 generations, before the 30 generations after them were Ancient Dragons.

Ancient Dragons had about a 30th of the Origin Dragons power.

After 30 generations their children became the first stable species of dragon that didn’t rapidly degrade in power every generation, Old Dragons.

Old Dragons had about a 40th of the Origin Dragons power and could breed for many countless generations with each other without degrading significantly in power or becoming a new species.

Firstborn Dragons, Elder Dragons, Ancient Dragons, and Old Dragons all usually patrolled with the Origin Dragons or Guarded Origin taking the roles of the Guardians of Origin.

The Five Guardians or Origin Dragons didn’t stop having offspring though so each species of dragon and Origin's defensive power were easily sustainable, even still growing.

However, the Old Dragons especially Fucius's descendants, but really, all of them liked spending time on Origin frequently, many of them even living there, with the excuse of guarding it.

This led to the Old Dragon's mating with magical beasts, spirits, monsters and even sometimes contracting diseases or somehow getting weaker on a genetic level.

Old Dragons became progenitors to many new species of dragons.

From mating with giant sentient phoenixes and creating fire dragons.

To mating with wind spirits, monsters or various magic variants creating Wind Dragons, Earth Dragons, Sea Dragons, even Storm Dragons, and Arcane Dragons.

Old Dragons that became genetically weaker by contracting diseases or through other means and mated created dragons with a 100th of the Origin Dragons power.

These inferior but pure-blooded dragons became known simply as Dragons or as they called themselves Pure Dragons.

Pure Dragons tended to be arrogant, prideful, haughty and discriminated often against other dragons, except Old Dragons, Ancient Dragons, Elder Dragons, Firstborn Dragons, and The Origin Dragons.

Who they revered, and regarded highly.

Eventually, the various dragons descended from Old Dragons bred with various creatures, and reptiles creating many subspecies.

Examples include Wyverns, Ground Dragons, and even Spitfires.
That was until a few Old Dragons took Humanoid form and bred with humans and even elves, creating the first Dragonkin.

By then Origin had already entered the bronze age and developed magic far more.

Right now a mage was even experimenting with a form of summoning.

54