BK 1: Chapter 14 Hollow Victory part 1
1.8k 2 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the center of the northern continent is a massive grassland surrounded by several mountains, cliffs, and rough hills covered in temperate forests.

The surrounding terrain teeming with seemingly countless firstborn dragons, elder dragons, ancient dragons, old dragons, and various dragon species descended from them, even a few dragonkin dwelling among them.

Fucius resting upon the plains of the valley, his massive body larger than most of the mountains combined covering most of the vast open plains, his head resting upon his arms, his eyes still open and relaxed.

Suddenly his eyes become focused as he raises his head and turns his head toward his right, staring off away from origin into the void.

At that same moment the other four guardian dragons patrolling void around Origin, all turn their heads in the same direction as Fucius.

Out in the void surrounding Origin, Ethereal shifts his bottomless eyes of swirling Mystic in that same direction, and turns them back to Origin.

Ethereal, “It seems Orcrox approaches, luckily it should take him a few thousand years.”

………………………………………………………………………………

The Regals’ troops spread out from the forest on the edge of a clearing around a wildes’ village, appearing from behind trees and fanning out towards the wildes’ village.

The screams and cries of wildes echoing throughout the night as the light of flames consume the village.

Many wildes children and women being dragged from their homes and families then tossed into cages as the men fight the regals.

Many of them falling to magics they do not know.

…………………………………………………………….........................…

Stomping up the hallway to the throne room I feel my blood boil with rage.

I growl out, “Damn Reigis, how could he ignore my warnings.”

Finally coming to the massive gold doors to the throne engraved in massive carvings of grapevines, I barge through the doors.

“REIGIS!!! HOW C”

Reigis adorned in gold, blue and white robes his antlers adorned with all manner of jewelry, doesn’t even look at me when he raises his hand, commanding me to stop.

Feeling my blood boil I shift my glare toward the Royal Consort, General Ryatha as she stands in front of the throne to the king's right.

Briefly, turning her head towards me, her pompous face smirks before once again face King Reigis, her adorned yet revealing bronze armor shifting with her red cloak, the blue half circle of antlers on the back.

I look up at the flag above the king's throne with that same sigil representing our nation of unified Regals, how dare their arrogance bring disgrace upon our nation.

They defy Ethereal himself with this.

Reigis, “Go ahead continue as you were saying Reyatha, before we were so rudely interrupted.”

His Majesty's voice drawing back my focus I glare at Reyatha as she starts to speak.

Reyatha, “Heh, yes, of course, your majesty, rudely indeed.
Heh, heh.

As I was saying before the disturbance in his majesty’s presence.

We have effectively seized back fort Reycon from the wildes along with all the surrounding new farmland and wildes villages.

Along with many new, heh, heh, heh, slaves.”

Reigis, “Excellent, excellent, with this we have effectively seized back our fort and established a foothold in the Tri-Word Kingdom.

Not to mention their previous leaders’ actions give us the right to do so, and after their Oracles coo, heh he he he he.

Who is to blame us if we take even more for ourselves, heh he he he he.”

Practically growling I interject, ”Your Majesty if I would, ignoring Ethereal’s messa”

Reigis yells, “Greadon, Know Your Place!!!!!!!!!”

My Place?!
My Place?!

I am an Oracle of Ethereal and He Dare Tell Me to…………

Reigis continues to yell, his echoes interrupting my own thoughts from the sheer noise, “Time and time again I have heard you yapping
Ethereal says this, Ethereal wants that.

Not once have you ever even bent the knee to me.

YOUR KING!!!!!!!”

Feeling the energy of Ethereal’s Judgement coursing through me I turn my head down and see the bluish-green aura seeping off of me.

Deciding to leave before I do something I regret, I suck the aura back into my body with my will and storm out of the throne room.

Walking down the hallway in anger, the words slip out my mouth.

“Me, bend the knee, Hah.”

41