BK 1: Chapter 17 Ethereal’s First Advent
1.6k 0 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A lone male Geoborn with no hair sits on the edge of a hill staring up at the night sky. His mana filled blue eyes glow as he contemplates Ethereal, the Geoborn, and the other elemental races.

Why do the elemental races not have Oracles, what does it mean, and why doesn’t Ethereal commune with us?

Are we not favored by him, are we outcasts, and why do the other races receive better treatment?

His stone hairless brow furrowing, his eyes filled with pain, he clutches his fist over his chest.

Why?

Maybe if I just reach out to him, maybe if I simply extend my hand towards him, maybe……….

His hand begins reaching out.

Maybe he’ll respond and maybe we can commune with him.

His hand reaching out, along with his mana, and his mind, his arm stutters for a moment, as he feels something, then stretches farther pouring his all into it.

.....................................................................................................................…

I reveal my eyes above Origin in plain sight for all to see.

Stretching out with my Mystic I wrap it around the geoborn’s arm and channel my power into him.
I establish a connection with him as I fill him with Mystic, with a few specks of Primordial Mist and Arcanum mixed in.

I fill the Geoborn, no I fill up Jor, with Mystic, as I alter his body and mind.

I strengthen his body with specks of Primordial Mist turning his stone skin pitch black.

I run lines of Arcanum through his surface to help him channel the small amount within him and regather it.

I reinforce his body with Mystic engraving new custom runes of my own design upon his surface to help reinforce his hold and automatic responses to Mystic.

I convert his mana cores to Mystic cores running codes of my Ethereal Runes into it for his protection, to increase his instinctual control, engraving default abilities, and automatic responses.

I cover him in armor of Primordial Crystal, and a black Primordial Crystal woven cloak filled with Mystic and Arcanum, covered in my Ethereal Runes.

The process Complete I speak to the whole world of Origin.

“On this day.
I have chosen from among the geoborn, my first Advent.

Jor You may Rise.

An enemy approaches from beyond Origin.

His name is Orcrox and he wishes to destroy this world.

It will take five thousand years for him to arrive, by that time many of you will have already passed on into the Star Stream and been reborn anew, to live countless lives.

Jor as my first Advent you will go deep beneath the surface of Origin and build an army along with great weapons that will only activate upon Orcrox’s arrival.

Do this and you will be rewarded greatly.

If any of you, attempt to hinder these plans you will be sent into the star stream and chained to it’s flowing fires until there is nothing left of you, not even the most basic essence of your spirit will continue to exist.

Now go forth Jor, for I have given you what you need, you may walk upon the surface of Origin as much as necessary to gather resources.

Remember you have five thousand years, grow stronger and prepare.

However, even though I am a many greater times stronger than you.

Though I created all of you and these worlds, I am not a god.

For I have limits.

I can be hurt.

I can die.

So prepare, for this will be a fight, for all of us.

Even me.”

I again stop the light of my eyes from meeting Origin, keeping them from seeing my eyes, so they might rest and not be weary.

Orcrox approaches, there is so much to do and time seems to go by oh so fast.

44