BK 1: Chapter 23 Immortal
1.6k 2 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jay, "What’s the catch?"

Ethereal, "The catch is I'd like you to protect the immediate local area and natives during any world crisis.

One of which happens to be coming up in a little over four thousand years."

Jay, "Alright, fine, but I want superpowers."

Ethereal, "What kind of superpowers?"

Jay, "Immortality, invulnerability, super strength and magic immunity.

We have a deal?"

Ethereal, "Hmm, I can't make you completely immortal, but I can make you close.

As for invulnerability, I can certainly make it hard to hurt or kill you, but not impossible.

I think I may have something in mind."

I stretch my incarnation’s hand out towards Origin theatricality.
Four blue lights briefly shine each in the north, south, east, and west of all four continents.

Ethereal, "I will do what I can for your body, but should you ever die, your body will be sent to and fully revived at the nearest altar.

The altars can be found in each of the four major directions on all four continents.

Now sleep you will wake when your body has been placed on Origin."

Putting Jay into a deep sleep I began working on Jay's new body.

I began with the bones, I make them rather large and condense them before growing them and condensing them over and over.

I fill them with bone marrow enchanted with Mystic for a nearly invincible immune system.

After full strengthening the bones as much as possible, I enchant them to become harder, far harder than even diamond, and heal at a near-instant rate.

Assembling the skeleton into a wide broad shoulder, barrel-chested, seven-foot tall skeleton with rather large dense bones.

I continue with the organs, tendons, and nerves making sure they are durable, strong, flexible, and powerful, I enchant them with Mystic.
The nerves now able to send messages throughout the body even faster, among other practical uses.

Working on the brain I increase the number of pathways, connections, wrinkles, density, and give it the ability to heal almost instantly, increasing the overall intelligence past that of a normal human.

I take muscle strands condensing and growing them repeatedly, then winding them into tight powerful yet flexible cords.

I enchant each individual cord with Mystic to give them amazing durability strength, and flexibility.

I weave the cords into all the muscle groups throughout the body, making sure to adjust the nerves, organs, and tendons around and throughout the muscles.

Then I create the skin thick and dense, as tough as an Ancient Dragon’s hide.

I add the pigmentation adjusting it to near the glowing skin on Jay’s Spirit, or at least relatively close.

It’s hard to see because of the glow, the exact tone, so I go with a dark mocha color.

Adding the hair I make it into dreadlocks made of long black thick cords.

Finally done with most of the work I begin casting enchantments with Mystic upon his body as a whole.

I enchant his new body with Strength, Durability, Reflexes, Speed, Anti-Aging, Disease Immunity, Extreme Temperature Resistance, Lifespan, Anti-Decay, Blunt Force Dispersion, External Energy Dispersion, Increased Perception and External Energy Resistance.

Almost forgetting to add his reproductive organ, I go ahead and add it making sure to make it stronger and powerful as well, should he get a few kicks there it shouldn’t hurt a bit.

I make sure to give him increased fertility, and the ability to pass on his core abilities to his offspring, but knowing genetics anyone he reproduces with will likely result in offspring weaker than him.

Unless he F**ks a dragon.

They can take human form after all.

Adding a tether of highly encoded Mystic to his body I tie it around Jay’s waist and chest then command it to reel him into his new body.

His spirit seems highly adaptable as it seamlessly integrates with its new host/body.

Ethereal, “Well time to send him off.”

Triggering the transport function a shield surrounds Jay and he vanishes faster than the speed of light having traveled to the Eastern Continent’s altar.

………………………………………………………………………………

Waking up I feel cold stone beneath me and I see a clear blue sky above me, the great river of fire resembling more of a sun in the shape of a far off stream.

Sitting up and swinging my legs off the altar, I notice I’m in a clearing surrounded by trees so massive it feels like I’m in New York looking up at skyscrapers.

Listening as I look around I hear a multitude of birds, a number of roars, growls, and cries sounding off in the distance, making it abundantly clear just how full of life this place is.

Turning my head my eyes come in contact with a pillar next to the altar with a deep blue orb of energy floating above it, looking to the other side I see the other pillar with a similar orb.

Jay, “Alright, enough I need to find food.”

Getting up off the Altar my bare feet touch the ground and I notice I’m naked.

Jay, “Fuck. Couldn’t he have given me clothes to.”

Looking up from my manhood, I sweep my gaze at the surrounding clearing.

The grass is dark green, super lush and thick, with weird animals that look like a cross between a squirrel and a rabbit, but the size of a raccoon.

Kind of reminds me of a p***ch*.

I decided to maybe start with that.

I chase after it catching it by the ears and as it's in mid-air from trying to jump away.

Staring at the quivering little rascal, I turn my head when I hear a large amount of thumping.

A large group of giant brown rabbits the size of Labradors come bursting out from the trees, and are running across the clearing.

Seeing this I go ahead and snatch one accidentally breaking its neck with my grip.

Gonna have to learn to control that if I ever get near people, don’t wanna break their hand while giving them a handshake.

Turning around I start to look for something to use as a knife so I can gut, skin, and butcher my prey.

Searching around I begin to wander into the forest.

32