BK 1: Chapter 26 Predator or Prey?
1.3k 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Author's Note: Before we begin this may confuse you guys on scribble hub but it contains important info, also if you want the missing puzzle peices you can find them on my webnovel.com or royalroad.com chapters list.
..................................................................................................................................................................................

I've been thinking about continuing this every once in a while. Today I realized how much I want to continue this, and while thinking about how the calculations for profit and growth weren't looking good I regretted ending my series by just giving up. Thats when I remembered someone once told me "Everyone starts somewhere." I realized I want to continue writing this series.

 

Then I saw a reply to a comment I made in someone else series, telling me about how much the enjoy my series and have read every chapter.

 

That when I realized it time I always said I would complete this series to the end, and that what I plan to do now.

 

So I did some planning and I am releasing this fresh chapter today as an assurance that I'll continue this series.

 

I will be taking a break to write 10 buffer chapters for the series that will be released on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays.

 

That should give me three weeks head start to write more chapters that way I'm not always writing at the last minute.

 

So keep in mind it'll be a while before the next chapter but I am back and I am working on more chapters.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chapter 26 Predator or Prey?

I’ve been running for a while now at pretty high speeds, but I think I’m starting to actually get tired.

Oh shit this body never actually ate anything.

I’ve been running on empty this whole time!

Coming to a stop somewhere in this forest of sky scrapers sized tree, I bend down resting my hands on my knees to catch my breath.

While catching my breath I notice some strange tracks, almost human but smaller with long pointed toes that leave deep impressions in the ground at the end.

Probably claws….

Subconsciously I begin to follow the tracks not realizing that I’m no longer winded.

I stop when I see the tracks meet up with a huge road of numerous footprints seemingly belonging to at least a hundred different creatures if not more.

As I stop in awe of this phenomena I look up from the road of tracks to see where they are heading.

I see a massive mountain range fairly nearby, the peaks twice the height of the skyscraper sized trees.

“That wasn’t there before. Just how long did I run?”

Marveling at the rough, jagged, brown mountain range I begin to make my way toward them following the tracks.

Maybe I can steal some food?

………………………………………………………………………………………

A few hours later and I’m climbing one the mountains cliff faces, the tracks lead to a cave but I didn’t want to have to fight it out again.

So when I saw smoke coming from an opening on the cliff face I decided to climb.

After climbing up the face of the cliff and peering into the opening I see a bunch of animal hides and furs covering the ground around a fire pit.

A leg of meat burning in a fire that has long been out, a few ember and coals all that’s still cooking the leg of meat.

As I climb in through the opening and land on the stone floor, I spot a few dozen clay pots with some stone tools against the walls.

Immediately my I eyes go back to the burnt meat smoking in the fire pit my mouth already drooling as I quickly walk toward it before diving for the roast.

The hot coals and ember brush against my skin but all I feel is the heat no burning.

I quickly bite into the burnt leg of meat, the juices burst out from under the hard charred surface.

It’s like brisket.

Savoring the taste similar to beef I proceed to wolf down the entire leg in what seems to be a few seconds but is likely longer.

Nibbling on the bones after having eaten even the cartilage of the joints and tendons I realize just how thirsty I am.

“Crap I haven’t even drank anything since earth. Maybe theres some water or something in those pots.”

I walk over to one of the pots lifting one of them up I see a clear liquid with no smell in it. I then lift it up to my lips and drink.

Water.

I then proceed to chug the entire pot of water down before realizing there’s no more in the clay pot.

I head over to another clay pot and look into it seeing it filled with purple apples.

I take a bite of one and it tastes surprisingly like a mix of raspberry and grape.

Looking into the next pot I see a violet liquid with a sweet scent and begin to drink some before spitting it out.

“Uuugh thats bitter, what is that!?”

I take another quick smell.

“Wait is that? Liquor?”

I then begin to chug the wine like liquor probably made from purple apples.

All while thinking chug chug chug chug over and over.

After finishing the pot of liquor I realize I don’t feel any different.

“Wait can I not get drunk? Well f*****k. D*mn who knew I would never be able to get drunk again, oh well wasn’t that great anyway.”

I say the last part with a slight feeling of loss in my chest and my head down.

“Either way I need to find civilization.

As great as this place is… I need the social factor, I ain’t about to go crazy in a cave.

Now lets see if I can find a bag.”

I say scratching my head.

………………………………………………………………………………………

After managing to make a makeshift bag out an animal fur and rope, then tying two more animal furs around my waist for clothing…

I set off out a cave I found in the mountain, and begin following the now even bigger road of tracks.

As much as I want I want to find civilization I have yet to find a river or a legit road and these tracks are all I have to go on soo……

“Leroy Jenkins!”

27