Out of Journal – Arc 2 Epilogue.
4k 12 194
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Natasha stood in the middle of the street, staring at the sheet of paper in her hands.

The streets were mostly empty save for a few Watchers patrolling, and a few pedestrians going to taverns or inns after a long day. Even in a magical world like Galeia, people retreated to their homes at night to find rest. The night sky was dotted with stars and two moons, and the spiral-shaped city built into the face of a mountain was illuminated by light poles which kept nocturnal animals from approaching the settlement.

A gentle breeze she could not feel due to her thermal perception being different from any living creature brushed her armored body. The weight of her hair – made of an indestructible material – prevented it from fluttering.

Lapia, her companion and lover, stared at her from atop a beast similar to a drake, waiting for the woman to speak.

The rest of her companions were immersed in conversation and hadn’t noticed the event.

“It’s my obituary,” said Natasha, then continued walking.

Her voice was impassive. No sadness could be found in it. No anger. No disappointment. No relief. It was as if she was announcing what she had for lunch – a soup made by Lapia earlier in the dungeon – instead of a document that declared her death. A document that, in any other circumstance, would cause grief to any who read it. Especially if the contents informed of the reader’s passing.

It had been a surprise at best. What caused her confusion was not the contents of the paper in her hands, but the nature of the event. Extending a hand, she offered the paper to the woman that had been waiting.

“Give it a read if you want,” Natasha said with a shrug. “It’s kind of a summary of my life. Really summarized, though.”

Lapia nodded. She was not an expert of the mind, so she could not begin to fathom the thought process of the woman, especially since she’s a Halve. Anyone would be at least shocked to see their own obituary, even if it was mistaken or a prank. But if the woman didn’t give it much thought, then that would be it. She had no reason to push for a reaction she wouldn’t find.

“I bet,” she chuckled as she accepcted it.

Going over the contents, a small smile broke her lips. She did not know what Russia was, or why the school was numbered, nor did she mind not knowing for now. Natasha’s life was shortly squeezed in the paper and she drank it all.

“We should talk about this when we get back to the inn. I’d like to ask a few questions if you don’t mind.” Lapia said with a smile.

The Halve turned to the Elf and gave a nod.

“Sure,” Natasha chuckled and gave Lapia a warm smile. “You can store it in the meantime.”

The Elf did as suggested while the party continued towards the inn.


Galeia, Leks, Uuruhk, Pizh’kh.

A young-looking woman was reading the newspaper while sitting at a cafe in a busy part of town. It had become a habit to do so every morning since she returned to the capital, but a few chases had kept her busy for a few months and she was catching up to the world’s current affairs.

Her dull silver eyes lazily went over the pages, reading the same things over and over.

The ‘Hottest Halve’ in the last five thousand years hadn’t changed, an old picture of Miraztor on the paper. The man was admittedly handsome, but nothing out of the world. A shame he was so distant. He looked regular, plain even when taking Halven beauty into account at least. Nilenna was a looker, but the woman refused to have her picture taken. A shy woman is the best.

At 49 years of age, the woman reading the newspaper had yet to form her first relationship. Something that ate at her mind, no doubt. She flipped the page and read the latest advertisements for parties. Ten pages full of people requesting for Clerics and Wizards. There were those that went to the lengths of offering half of the rewards earned during their chase to secure a member from the most challenging of Paths.

She let out a scoff and picked another newspaper.

Shchenneya had a new election, and an Ork by the name of An’Atol Rek ruled now.

She flipped the page once more.

Lumin Kingdom was facing inner turmoil due to King Gordon’s illness. Nothing new. The man would soon die and his wife would succeed him, no doubt.

She put the newspaper away and picked another one, from a month ago.

Her eyes widened when she read the heading. In big bold letters it read:

A NEW HALVE HAS GRACED GALEIA. THE FIRST HALVE WARRIOR IN FIFTEEN THOUSAND YEARS!’

INTERVIEW PROVIDED BY THE NOBLE REN DABRAK, FROM THE WALLED CITY OF RIVERFIELD, LUMIN KINGDOM’

HER EXCELLENCY NATASHA NOVAK, BORN IN THE CRADLE OF LIFE AROUND THE BEGINNING OF THE THIRD MONTH OF THE CURRENT YEAR NEAR TIDON KINGDOM, GRACED US WITH HER APPEARANCE AT RIVERFIELD, IN LUMIN KINGDOM.

HER GOLDEN VISAGE IS THAT OF ANCIENT BEAUTY, HER GLOW REMINDS ME OF SUMMER, AND HER EYES SHINE BRIGHTER THAN ETERNIA AND PERPETUA DURING THE APHELION.

HER ATTITUDE IS MORE RESERVED, HOWEVER. WITH CAREFUL QUESTIONS AND A HEALTHY AMOUNT OF PRODDING, I HAVE MANAGED TO SCOOP ENOUGH INFORMATION TO SHARE THE HONOR THAT WAS MEETING HER EXCELLENCY NATASHA.

WHEN ASKED ABOUT THE WORLD, HER EXCELLENCY FINDS BEAUTY, WARMTH, AND REVELS IN THE CHALLENGE THAT IS OUR ALL-MOTHER.

ABOUT GOALS, HER EXCELLENCY CONFIDED IN ME HER DESIRE TO EXPLORE OUR ALL-MOTHER WHILE VISITING THEIR DIVINITIES AND EXCELLENCIES AROUND THE GLOBE.

HER EXCELLENCY NATASHA IS A WOMAN OF ACTION AND DECISION, STAYING LESS THAN A WEEK IN OUR WALLED CITY OF RIVERFIELD. ACCOMPANIED BY THE FAMED CARDINAL FROM O’LU KEER REN, LADY ALYSSA PRUVIK, AND MASTER WIZARD LADY LAPIA POFETA, WHO TAUGHT HIS EXCELLENCY DESSEYR SOME FORTY YEARS AGO, SHE SETS OUT IN HER OWN CHASE.

HER EXCELLENCY NATASHA SURPRISED ME WITH HER APPROACH TO HER STATUS AS A HALVE, REQUESTING I REFER TO HER BY NAME. I ADMIT TO BE SMITTEN BY THAT HONEST AND DIRECT POSTURE. SHE DOES NOT MIND THE DIFFERENCE IN MIGHT, AND PREFERS A CLOSER RELATIONSHIP WITH THOSE SHE INTERACTS WITH. I’M SURE THOSE OF YOU WHO HAD THE HONOR OF MEETING HIS EXCELLENCY PERCULIS MAY SEE A FEW SIMILARITIES.

HER EXCELLENCY NATASHA ALSO HAPPENS TO BE A SKILLED ARTIST, SHARING WITH ME A PIECE OF HER OWN MAKE, WHICH I HAD THE BOUNDLESS HONOR TO WITNESS FROM BEGINNING TO END.’

Next to the column was a drawing of a fat turkey standing next to a woman. The strokes were crisp, the details marvelous, the style defined, and the shading technique literally out of this world. There was a small signature at the foot of the drawing, which made her jaw drop.

“Eh? RuNash?!” the woman exclaimed.

She almost broke the table in front of her in her surprise. Looking around, she made sure to be out of earshot from anyone trying to eavesdrop. The cafe was decently crowded, and a few individuals looked her way with an amused expression.

“She’s a Halve?” she whispered at the paper, shocked beyond her mind. “She’s accompanied by two women… maybe lovers?” she wondered.

After looking around one last time, she put a silver coin on the table and left the cafe. Walking into the busy streets of Pizh’kh, the woman had a new goal in mind. She knew she could be wrong, the coincidence too big to be true. She also had nothing to lose, considering how long she would live.

In any case, she set forth. To meet a Halve. A being of myth and legend alike. Also, possibly, her favorite NSFW artist from her past life, and the Mama of her favorite v-tuber.

 

Pulled a sneaky on ya, didn't I?

So, this chapter is especially short since it's an epilogue of the previous arc. Next chapter will be the insights and stuff. It sounds hella arrogant now that I read it out loud. Anyway, the next arc should begin in a few days.

Yolin's portrait is nearing completion, can't wait to share it with you! Check out my Ko-fi if you want and can help me with Lapia's portrait v2.0!

See you soon!

194