Chapter 12
223 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up in an empty white space and a mysterious man come up to me for a chat, based on that two things alone I can confidently assumed that I already dead, it's a development I saw many times in manga and light novels.

I looked up to the man in front of me, he seems to be a little bit sorrowful when he see me.

"Are you a god?"

"A god? No I'm not, you can just call me Administrator."

Administrator?

I have many question to ask him if he were a god, but he's not? Anyway I decided to confirm one thing with him.

"Hey, did I..."

Did I really die? Is what I want to ask but I'm afraid to finish my question.

Even though I'm already died young once before, it's still a little hard to accept the fact that I died young once again.

He fell silent for a moment and answered me seemingly know what I wanted to ask.

"Yes, unfortunately you are still alive."

"Ah, as I though. I'm really- hmm?"

Suddenly I noticed a strange thing in what he said.

"Did you say I'm still alive?"

"Yes."

"Then why are you saying it was unfortunate?"

"..."

"..."

We both fell silent and the atmosphere turn awkward.

The administrator coughed and put a friendly expression.

"In case you're wondering, Anna is still safe so you don't need to worry."

Did this guy just avoided the question?

"Wait a minute, why did you say that I'm being alive is an unfortunate thing?"

"...Your body condition? Don't worry, those little guys already repaired it for you."

Great, he didn't want to talk about it at all. Well no matter, the important thing is that I'm still alive.

"Hey Administrator, why am I here?"

"It's because I need to tell you a few things. But from what I can see, it seems you have many questions for me so, just ask me whatever you wanted to know, I will probably able to answer most of your question."

Hearing that offer I immediately perked up. It's true I have a few question about myself, so I decided to ask the most important question.

"Then, why didn't I have a cheat ability?"

The Administrator raised one of his eyebrows.

"Hmm... Well, it's because there's no god who interested in you in that world."

"But aren't you also a god?"

He put on a troubled expression at my question.

"As I said, I'm an Administrator not a god."

"Just what is an Administrator exactly?"

"An Administrator like me is someone who manage the cycle of reincarnation in many worlds."

"Then aren't you basically a god?"

He smiled helplessly in response.

"It's not as simple as that."

He sat in front of me cross-legged and started to explain.

"We administrator are only manage the cycle of reincarnation in many worlds, while the world itself is managed by it's respective gods."

"Then your position is above the gods?"

"Yes and no at the same time."

Yes and no at the same time? What did he mean by that?

"You see, the one above me is also gods, and they are the one responsible for creating souls. And above them is the Creator of All."

I continue to put a baffled expression in which he responded with a helpless sigh.

"Let's put it this way, the one who manage the worlds is the Minor Gods and the one who above them is someone like me the Administrator, above me is the Major Gods, and at the peak is the Creator of All."

Hmm... So basically, the Minor Gods is a Mayor while the Major Gods is a Governor, the Administrators are the Ministry of Resources and the Creator of All is the President, something like that?

"I somehow understand your position now. So that means you can't give me any cheat power."

"Not really, I also have the authority to gave the so called 'cheat power' to mortals."

I slapped my forehead.

Just why I didn't ask this question in the first place, that way I don't need to listen the story about gods and whatnot.

"Then why you didn't give me any?"

"Not like the gods, I can't give anyone power as I  please. Well, strictly speaking each god has many restriction, but they can give that power to pretty much anyone they like."

I nodded my head.

"So why you can't?"

"I can only gave powers to someone with good karma. As for you...hmmm...you are a neutral evil so I can't give you any."

Neutral evil huh, I can understand where his evaluation come from somehow. But that said, I can't really sure because how the gods ascertain between good and evil can be entirely different from humans.

The Administrator squinted his eyes.

"You're not curious why I labeled you as a neutral evil?"

"I have a feeling it will end up in a long explanation so I'm gonna pass on that."

He chuckled at my answer.

"Well, that's true."

Now that my first question is answered, I thought hard to come up with another question to ask. This is probably one in a lifetime chance so I need to ask Important question.

I groaned and closed my eyes while thinking.

"Ah right, why I was reincarnated in this world?"

"That's because I need to channel energy from Earth to other world. I need to transfered several souls from Earth to the designated world in order to open that channel."

"Energy? What kind of energy?"

The moment I ask to question I come to a realization.

Crap, it's gonna be long.

"Wait, scratch th-"

"Alright let me explain it to you."

Before I can take my question back he already started explaining.

Summary, every world produced a kind of special energy unique to each world, and in my current world I'm living in, those energy is magic power. Usually those energy are used by the residents of that world. But the people people from Earth gradually lost the ability to use such energy since long ago.

Because the energy itself is something that can only be perceived by the conciousness of a living being naturally there's no technology that can utilize the Energy. Because of that, the Energy produced by Earth overflowed and started to affect the souls of the intelligent being from it, mainly human.

"And that's the gist of it."

He ended his explanation with a clap.

As I thought it become a long story. But the worse thing is, now I couldn't help but become more curious.

Dammit, good thing I'm not a cat. If I am, I'm sure I will be dead by now.

"So, those surplus energy is the reason you reincarnate me in this world?"

"Yes it is."

"You said I don't have a good karma, so why I'm the one who get reincarnated? Shouldn't this kind of things is for someone who has good karma to redo their life?"

"Well, the prerequisite for someone to be able safely reincarnated to other world from Earth is to have their souls deformed by the Energy from their world."

"Deformed soul? What is that?"

"Deformed soul is basically a soul that has been affected by the world's energy and undergone transformation by it. The transformation included their nature, form, personalities, and many other things, the people of Earth called those people Trascendent, though we Administrator prefer to call them Anomaly."

"Trascendent? You mean like Buddha or something?"

"Yes, Buddha is one of many people who undergone changed by the world's energy."

"Doesn't that mean I'm one of the Trascendent, or rather, an Anomaly candidate?"

"Yes you are."

"So that means I will have a special power such as fly in the sky or lifting a mountain in the future?"

"No you won't."

"Huh?"

I won't

"But all the Anomalies has superpowers right?"

"Well, yes they are?"

"So why I can't?"

"You just can't"

"..."

So that means I will be an ordinary person for life?

No! I can listen to the voices of the spirits did I not? That means I'm not an ordinary person!

"Ah, your ability to hear voices of spirits is from your current body, it's not something special like the Anomalies has, because their ability is engraved in their souls after all."

"..."

"Yours is a special case, be it your capability, form, nature, and personalities, It won't be different from the current you even if you complete your Soul Deformation."

"Wait, what do you mean? Am I not able to become an Anomaly?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"It's because the source of the deformation in your soul is from Earth's energy, now you're not in Earth naturally your soul deformation is stopped."

"..."

I lied flat on the ground with a blank look on my face. It seems my fate is set to be an ordinary person without any convenient superpower.

"Don't be so sad. The truth is, the majority of the Anomalies didn't have a humanlike appearance after their soul deformation."

"You mean they change became monster or something?"

"Yes."

Hmm... If that's the case, a normal human didn't sound too bad. I don't want to become a monster just to gain power, I'm not that mad.

When I still in my thoughts, the Administrator clapped his hand to get my attention.

"Now that the time is almost up, just let me tell you one thing."

He raised his index finger and put on a serious expression.

"If and only if there's someone offer you any kind of power or ability in that world, do not accept it."

I opened my mouth but he interrupted me before I can say anything.

"Do not ask me the reason just keep my words in mind."

I nodded my head in affirmation. 

It's not like there will be someone like that in the first place.

Satisfied, he change his expression into a relax one once again.

I raised my hand at that moment.

"Umm..."

"What is it?"

"If I can't receive any kind of power or ability from anyone, can you give me one instead."

He put a troubled expression hearing my request.

"Like I said, I can only grant it to someone who has good karma."

"Can you treat me as an exception."

"I can't."

"I see."

I sigh in disappointment before the Administrator snapped his finger as if he remembered something.

"No wait, there's one ability that I can give you."

"Really!?"

"Yes, but you can only use it once a month, do you still want it?"

"I want it!"

I mean, an ability that can be used once a month is probably something super strong right? There's no reason for me to refuse it.

The Administrator chuckled and put his hand on my forehead. When he did so, an uncontrollable drowsiness attack me and I fell asleep.

~~~

The Administrator stared at the empty space in front of him with a complicated expression.

"Sigh, I've gone into the trouble to split his soul in two but who would have thought the vessel that contained his other soul will die so early."

The man in front of him earlier is a special case even amongst the Anomalies. Usually they will have an ability that close to miracle such as overwhelming strength that able crush everything or an ability to revive the dead. But he's different, as a result of his soul deformation, he can produced the same energy as Earth, which in a sense, is more dangerous than any other ability ever wield by an Anomaly (though he don't know about any of it).

Earth itself is a strange world in his jurisdiction. Earth is supposed to be collapsed 150 million years ago, but it somehow survived the doomsday that befall upon it from that time.

Because the gods in Earth is already erased before the first doomsday, it became his job to bring destruction upon Earth. But as he's not the god that responsible for Earth, he must destroy it using a natural disaster.

He tried many times to destroy Earth by all kind of disasters but failed. If someone asked him how Earth is managed to survive, he can only answer that Earth is just simply too tenacious. No matter what befall it, Earth always managed to preserve life in it, in the end he stop trying after his failure from 60 million years ago where he still failed even after 'throwing' a large meteorite at Earth.

Because Earth is still considered as a living world, the major gods keep placing new souls on Earth. Worse is the fact that Earth is able to trap the souls from the dead to prevent they undergone reincarnation and consumed it, resulting in Earth produced more energy and created many Anomalies.

Because of that, if somehow Earth managed to consumed Hart's soul he can easily imagine the outcome where Anomalies keep popping out of Earth. To prevent that, he reincarnated his soul into this world ,where it's world's Energy is constantly consumed by It's inhabitant, as fast as possible. Just in case he will be able to adapt to this world's Energy and change the Energy he produced, he split his soul in two and warned him to never accept any kind of power from that world.

"I hope that world will not become another Earth because of your existence."

~~~

"Ugh..."

The chirping sounds of birds, the sound of water, and the sunlight that shined upon me forcing me to wake up. I opened my eyelids slowly and looked around my surroundings. It seems I'm currently in a forest, though I don't know where exactly.

"Oh yeah, my injury."

I hurriedly looked down to my chest and froze upon noticing the two potrusion on it.

"Huh? Wh-what is this? Huh?"

I also realized the fact that my voice sounded like that of a female. 

I immediately run towards the sounds of water. Not long I arrived at the riverside and stared at the water surface.

Reflected on the surface of the water is a girl with a cute face, she has dull grey eyes and long jet-black hair down to her waist. She wearing a black coat that looks like a female version for the coat I bought previously, shorts and a black berret with a barely visible clouded moon embroidery on it.

At that moment blood drained from my face and my leg almost gave out.

"What the hell !?"

.

.

.

7