Chapter 13
189 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Uh..huh?"

I keep making gestures and the reflection on the water did the same as what I did. I pinch my thighs to check if it was a dream but to no avail.

This...No matter how hard I tried to deny it, reality is staring down directly at me and I can only accept it.

It seems I've become a woman...

"-No! What the hell is happening here!? Hey Administrator! are you messing with me!?"

I shouted to the skies but got no response. I waited and waited but to my despair nothing is happened.

Just as I was about to break down in despair, I felt a pang in my head and a voice sounded in my mind.

"Aaahhhhh test test, can you hear me?"

Hearing that voice my rage immediately reach it's peak.

"You *sshole what did you do to me!?"

I got no response again for a while and a tired voice responded to me.

"Sigh, how ungrateful. Is that how you speak to the one who gave you the so called 'cheat power' you wanted so bad?"

Although he sounded sincere I can still sense a hint of mockery in his words.

"What f*cking 'cheat power'! You just turned me into a girl damnit!"

"Pfft, ahahahaha. Your reaction are much more intense than what I expected. I thought you're just gonna shrug it off like many other troublesome things and live on with your life like usual."

Hearing his words I took many deep breaths and managed to calm down. No matter how f*cked up my situation currently is, there's no way The Administrator will do it just for fun.

"Fuu... Is there any reason I'm in this situation now?"

A soft yet sweet voice can be heard when I speak calmly.

Tsk, why does my voice sounded so sweet? I need to adjust my tone when speaking from now on.

As usual the Administrator didn't respond immediately. I waited for a minute before I can hear his voice again.

"Yes, there is. Do you remember how you died previously?"

"Of course I remember."

"You can't go back to your previous body."

Hearing that I feel like a lightning struck me, I was so shocked that I almost fainted.

"Wh-what do you mean by that? Didn't you said that my body has been healed?"

"I mean exactly what I say."

"Why?"

"Generally when a human dies, their souls will leave their vessel and cut off all connection with it. But that is only when the person accepted their death. If they not, the soul will linger and cannot move on, the longer they linger the more distorted a soul will become. Further-"

"Just cut to the chase will you!?"

"....Simply put, you're to accepting of your death."

"..."

I'm speechless.

I mean, It's normal to think that you died when you got stabbed to the heart right? Especially when you're a weakling like me. So when I thought "Ah, I died." when I got stabbed is when I accept my own death?

"Sigh.... I think I understand now. Then why you created a female body for me?"

"Created? No, no, I'm not the one who create it, I just put your soul in it."

"...Then why put my soul in this body? There's many male in this world right?"

"Because It will not break any rules that way."

"..."

What kind of f*cking rules is that?

"By the way, who's the owner of this body."

"You of course."

"...I mean, the person who occupied this body before me."

"Don't sweat the small stuff, I'm sure you have other important question right?"

Well, he got a point, I don't really care who the owner of this body is. Even if I know, there's no point in it.

Important question huh?

Truthfully speaking I have many question I want to ask but judging from the way he spoke it seems we can only converse for a limited amount of time. But what question should I ask? I don't think each of my question is more important that the others.

After thinking for some more a realization dawned upon me.

Wait, there's one right?

"You said you gave me a cheat power, but what kind of power is it?"

"Ah...that? You can turn back into your previous male appearance at will."

I waited for a bit for him to continue his words. But after a while I realized something was amiss.

"...that's it?"

"Yeah."

"...."

At that moment I feel like something broke inside of me.

"Wait, I forgot one thing."

Hearing that I perked up again.

"You can only change for a maximum of 2 weeks but you can cancel it at any time but the cooldown will still be a month."

"What?"

"And keep in mind that your first time will hurt."

"...."

"Alright! Now our bussiness is done, best luck to you! Ciao!"

I hold my face and slumped down on the spot.

"...ha...hahaha...hahaha...haha..."

Oh god, if this is a punishment from you...

"Please change your punishment!!!"

~~~

After complaining for a while, I got up from my spot.

"Hah... No use lamenting now, I must accept it no matter how unwilling I am."

The most important thing right now is how can I survive from now on.

I checked all my belongings and everything I have on hands right now is practically all I have before I died.

"And now, let's try it."

I took several deep breaths and focused my mind.

"Transform!"

It's quite embarrassing saying it out loud but I said it anyway.

After that a strange sensation filled my body.

Huh... It feels strange and ... IT .... HURTS A LOT!!!!

"Aaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!"

Shit! Did he mean this when he said my 'first time'!?

I grit my teeth and tried to endure it before blacking out after 5 seconds.

~~~

*Rustle**Rustle*

"Hmmm....was it from here

A teenage boy wearing a hoodie came out of the brush with a bright expression on his face.

He looked around and found a man unconcious near the river. His expression fell immediately.

"Huh? I thought I heard a girl screaming but why I found a man laying unconcious here?"

He scratch his head in confusion.

"Well, no matter what, it's bad leaving him alone."

He dragged the unconcious man closer to the forest while muttering.

"Sigh...too bad I didn't immediately meet my heroine after coming to this world."

•••

In a plains somewhere.

A girl laying unconcious in the vast grassfield. Her eyelids twitch and the girl, Anna, slowly woke up.

She dazed for a moment before jolted and look around her. She didn't know where she is right now but she can't careless about any of that right now.

After looking around restlessly she saw someone laying down not far from her. She immediately approached this person and smiled in relief.  Although he didn't wear any clothes and just wear his underwear for some reason, he was clearly her big brother, Hart.

But that smile soon vanished.

She can clearly remember how he got stabbed before. She looked at his chest and found no scar or injury.

He was about to wake him up but stiffened after touching his body.

He's cold.

Although he has no scar, his body didn't emit any heat.

With a shaking voice she call out to him.

"Big...bro..?"

She shake him but he didn't even twitched.

"Big bro, big bro, wake up."

Still, she got no response.

Tears started to run down her cheeks.

"Big bro! Big bro! Please wake up!"

But no matter what she did, he didn't wake up.

"Big bro! Big bro! Wake up! Wake up! Wake...up...uuu...uwaaahhhhh!!!"

In this silent grassland only the girl sorrowful cry can be heard.

•••

Unknown.

In a dark and large hall filled with many pillars, hurried footsteps can be heard. The one who made that footsteps is wearing a broken mask while clutching his missing left arm.

In his organization, he's known as The Fallen Sage, while the world know him as The Wandering Warlock.

After reaching the end of the hall she kneel in front of an elevated platform where a shilouette of a woman can be seen from behind a curtain.

"My lady, I have something important to report to you."

The woman behind the curtain responded with an emotionless yet elegant voice.

"What's the matter? And what happened to your left arm?"

After that, the man recounted what happened in Goldrift City down to the details. He also told her about the young man wearing Lady Grey's robe.

"...My arm accidentally grazed by one of it's attack and started to rot immediately, that's why I erased my arm immediately."

After he finished reporting, the woman fell silent. The man didn't do anything only waiting for her response.

After a while the woman finally spoke.

"Did you have any recording of that young man?"

"...Yes."

He pull out a small crystal from his pocket. But the woman noticed the hesitation in his action and the fear in his eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, my lady."

He handed the crystal to the woman behind the curtain. She activate it and a projection appeared on top of the crystal.

As soon as the crystal is played the woman stared wide-eyed in shock.

"This!"

She paused the projection and stared at the image of the young man.

She spoke with a quivering voice full of emotion.

"My...son..."

She wiped the small tears that formed at the corner of her eyes.

Seeing this, the man cannot help but to avert his gaze and he realized there's another person leaning on one of the pillars while wearing a simple commoner outfit and the same mask as him.

He knew this guy, he's also a higher-up of the organization just like him. He call himself as the Enforcer of The Abyss

Although he looks weak and always spout nonsense, he was undoubtedly as strong as him if not stronger. The fact that he didn't notice his presence before is proof.

The man on the other side just nodded at him and continue spacing out.

He was about to look forward again before suddenly an invisible force strangle him.

"Keuk!"

He looked at his master and noticed she already standing at some point.

The hall trembled and the curtain blown away revealing his master appearance.

She has a beautiful appearance with black hair and dull grey eyes and wearing a simple dress. While her appearance looks like someone in her late teenage years, he knew that she was probably the oldest human alive after the Twin Witches.

While he struggled to breath he noticed the projection on the crystal, it was the moment when the young man got stabbed.

"What's the meaning of this?"

An extremely cold voice filled with killing intent.

"You already have a guess of who that young man was and still chose to do nothing!? Explain yourselves! Chromagius Astarlte!"

The man, Chromagius Astarlte, can feel the invisible force strangled him tighter.

"Please...wait, my Lady! Although that bastard is weak, he got skills! Creating one or two homunculus based on your child appearance is easy for him! Beside, we don't even know wether your child is male or female because he run away with your child immediately after your child is born! So we don't know if that young man is actually your child!"

Hearing his excuse the woman's anger only intensified.

"Not only you dare to question Claudia's judgement, but you also dare to speak of that man in front of me? It seems you're really wants to die."

Chromagius can feel more force strangling him and he started to lose conciousness.

But suddenly a voice interrupted.

"The Abyss will reject the fallen wiseman. For he, will help to create a path to reach the light in the darkness engulfing our world."

The woman glared at the man in the commoner outfit with icy looks on her face.

"Speak properly."

"Don't kill him, he's still useful for our cause."

After hearing that, both of them got blown away until they got out of the hall and crashed onto the wall with great force, and then the door to the hall closed and locked on it's own.

Both of them stand up unsteadily.

"Cough...cough... Thank you."

Chromagius conveyed his gratitude towards the other man with a bitter expression.

"Repent. For the Abyss still watching you."

The man said while walking away.

Chromagius used to the way he talks so he somehow understood what he meant.

You better do something to make up for this incident if you don't want to die.

Is probably what he meant.

Chromagius stared at the door and channeled his magic power  to his hearing.

He can hear faint weeping voice inside that door.

He closed his eyes for a moment  before opened it again and walked away.

"Forgive me, my lady."

•••

Goldrift City.

Aftermath of the battle.

Smoke rise from various part of the city, the city walls reduced to rubbles and no buildings or people survived this incident. Even some parts of the city melted during the battle and has been crystalized. The damage extended to several kilometers outside the city, turning many forest into ashes and fields into chared land.

In the middle of now ruined Goldrift City, a figure can be seen crawling on the ground.

Half of her face is crushed and her body is full of injury. Both of her leg is gone and one of her arm bend in a strange direction. A large wound on her abdomen make some of her internal organs came out, but even so, she didn't stop crawling.

"Si..s, where...are..you?"

She keep crawling and crawling until eventually her hand touch a metal gauntlet.

"Ahh...here...y..ou..are...cough.."

She, Liselotte, grabed the gauntlet with the little strength she has left.

"Sis, ... we did it, ..... we managed ... to protect ... cough ... the ... city ... together, ... cough ... praise me ...."

"This time ... what ... reward .... will we get?"

"Sis,... why ... are you not answering ...? Haha ... cough ... Even though ... I can't see you ... I know ...cough ...it's your gauntlet ... I'm holding."

"Sis, ... can ........ you ... hug .... me? .... I'm .......... cold ..."

And with that she stopped moving.

Until the end she didn't realize the fact that the city has turned into rubbles nor the fact that her beloved sister is now only a pile of ash.

Until the end, she didn't know that she and her sister has failed.

The two guardians perishes along with the city and it's resident they tried to protect.

.

.

.

I'm back!

I would like to apologize to the readers of this story(although it's only a few) for disappearing without notice. As for the reason, It's because various personal and unpleasant reason and I won't go into details about those sh*t. Also please correct me if I made any mistakes

And if you ask me wheter I will be able to complete this story...haha, we'll see.

5