Chapter 14
210 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feldian Kingdom, Royal Palace.

Helgar, the third prince of feldian kingdom, frowning deeply while reading reports and documents in an office he was assigned to.

3 days ago, a merchant caravan arrived at the capital with a shocking news of the incident in Goldrift City. The merchant's description of the incident were very ridiculous but hearing the explanation from a few survivor that came with them makes the story not so unbelievable.

They need quite a long time to get the stories out of the survivors, because the were mentally disturbed. The terror they felt from that incident was so great they can't even stay in a dimly lit room.

After hearing their stories, the royal family conduct an investigation immediately, and currently Helgar is reading the investigation report.

"Hah....."

He thrown the report in his hand and rub his forehead.

Risa, his personal maid, who usually reminded him to not do such crude act, just silently picked up the report and organize it silently. 

She knew that her master, although a bit pervert, is someone who capable of something beyond his age, he was so smart that if he decided to get serious she has no doubt that he can graduate from the academy in just 4 years while it usually take 12 years to graduate. But in the end he's still only a 9 years old, and the burden of this incident in Goldrift City isn't something a 9 years old need to bear.

The one who need to handle this matter is actually the crown prince. But as he is currently gone, all the crown prince responsiblity is given to his master. Worst of all, the Prime Minister didn't regard her master personal feelings at all and just dump a bunch of task to him because he believe him to be a prodigy, and this incident is one of it.

Usually, such a serious incident will be handled by the officials, but because the Prime Minister believe her master can handle it, Helgar has been involved in the matter as well.

While Risa is organizing the documents, a knock sounded from the door. She opened a small gap to confirm the identity of the visitor.

"Master, It's Evans."

Helgar raise his head an nodded at his maid.

After getting her master approval, Risa opened the door and a lively looking boy wearing a simple shirt and pants entered.

"Good morning your higness!! Have you been well?"

"Ahh, morning as well."

Normally such a rude greeting to the royal family will result in a severe punishment. But because Helgar is the one who allowed it, Risa just shut her mouth and stared coldly at him.

"Wh-why are you staring at me like that miss Risa?"

"...Nothing."

After that, Risa back to her position by standing next to Helgar. But even so, her icy looks at Evans didn't go anywhere.

"So, how's the situation downtown?"

"Well, It's not good. The rumors about the incident has spread throughout the capital, causing unrest amongst the citizen. Additionally, there's someone spreading rumours about the disappearance of the crown prince and the royal princess as well, making the situation even more chaotic. I still haven't caught wind of the source yet."

After hearing that Helgar frowned even more.

What a shitty situation I'm in. I'm already acted the role of a trash prince just so that I didn't need to involved in troublesome matter, but fate is not so merciful it seems.

When Helgar is lost in thought, Evans silently observing him while hiding the bitterness in his heart.

Evans is originally a brat from the slums, he grow up doing a job like any other kids in that place, pickpocketing.

One day, he saw a noble kid walking in town without any guards. He thought it will be an easy prey but just as he was about to get close to him, the boy turn back and grab his arm firmly.

At that time, he thought he was done for but the boy said something unexpected to him with an amused smile.

"You're quite good at sneaking at people, how about working for me."

Seeing the brightness in the boy's eyes, he immediately accept it. And after that, he bought for Evans clothes, food and even a small house for him to live.

It was was the first time he felt he was being recognized by someone as a human being, it was the first time he understood the meaning of kindness.

"Your highness."

Hearing Evans' voice snapped Helgar back to reality.

"Although we cannot do much, both I and miss Risa is here to share your burdens, please don't force yourself to do everything alone."

Risa nodded her head with her usual expressionless face while Helgar tilted his head with a confused look.

"But I'm not though? I already give orders to many individuals to be carried out."

Hearing this Evans felt relief while Risa is confused. 

She's always been with him almost all the time and never saw him make any contact with other people for the past week. It's also impossible for him to have a secret unit considering his reputation. But judging from the way he talks, it didn't seem like he was lying so Risa just buried the doubts inside her hearts.

"Hah... Should I also run away from home like my other siblings?"

He said with a melancholic tone that make the two people with him frown slightly.

•••

Ancient Forest of Algrid.

Goldberg slowly opened his eyes.

He sat upright before looking around himself. Although he was clearly inside a forest, most of the vegetations around him did not look familiar to him even though he already visit many places as an adventurer.

At that moment he remembered what has halpened before he lost conciousness.

"Urk!"

He covered his mouth by his hands and realized his missing right arm has been replaced by a new one made of wood. Strangely enough, the sensation in his right arm is not that different from his normal arm. Not only that, all his injury has been healed someway or another.

"Hahahahaha..."

Why am I the one who survive?

While such thoughts filled his minds, rustling sounds entered his ears. He stand up immediately and looked towards the sound direction. 

"Ah, are you feeling better?"

Goldberg widened his eyes.

The one who spoke to her is an incredibly beautiful woman. She has emerald eyes and hair, she's wearing a one-piece dress that looked like leaves woven together. Her figure walking between the trees are just like a scene came out of a fairytale.

"Who...are you?"

"Me? Hmm..."

The woman tilted her head and pondered something.

"I'm your savior I guess? You can call me Yugu."

"Yugu?"

Goldberg stared at her with eyes full of suspicion.

Looking at his behavior Yugu can't help but chuckled.

"What's so funny?"

"Ah nothing, I'm just wondering wether you want to know more about that thing or not."

Goldberg immediately realized what she meant by 'that thing', it was none other than that creature who caused the disaster at the city.

"You know about that devil?"

Yugu giggled at his question and walk away from him. 

Goldberg followed her from a distance. Yugu keep walking until she eventually stopped at a clearing.

With a wave of her hands she made a table and two chairs facing each other from the ground.

She sat at the chair and motioned towards Goldberg to take a seat.

"Why don't you take a seat first? It's going to be quite a story you know?"

•••

"Ugh... Where am I?"

I hold my aching head and looks around me.

The last memory I had is when I tried the transformation skill that the Administrator gave me, a terrible pain suddenly engulfed me and I passed out.

But now I'm standing in front of a simple house in the middle of a forest. 

I checked my apearances and found out that I have turned back to male again.

After checking myself out, I walk around the house.

The house is small it can be called a hut. It has a small garden in front of it where many vegetables are growing, and at the side of the house there's a small plantation house filled with various herbs. Although I don't know where this is, I have a strange sense of familiarity of this place.

At the back, a small table and a pair of chairs are placed under a large tree.

Seeing them, I unconciously moved and sat at one of the chair.

The moment I did that, the door to the house opened and a young girl walked out. She has long black hair and dressed in a plain shirt and a simple long brown skirt. But strangely enough, I can't make out her facial features.

She walk slowly and sat opposite of me.

"Who are you?"

The girl tilted her head to my question.

"That's my question, who are you?"

"Did your parents not tell you to not answer a question with another question?"

"I don't have any parent and the uncle who took me in passed away when I was little. Beside, didn't you just do the exact same thing?"

"Well, I guess you're right."

After that exchange, we both fell silent.

If it's a modern world, this is a part where both of us took our our respective smartphones and play with it. But because there's no smartphone in this world we're just spacing out, thinking about our own matters.

After a few minutes, the girl opened her mouth.

"Hey."

"What?"

I look at the girl and as expected I still can't make out her facial features.

"What's your name?"

"Hart Ravenhair."

"I mean your real name."

"My real name?"

Come to think of it, Hart Ravenhair is just a name I came up with when I was being questioned by the guards after I stole a few fruits a few years back, and granny always call me 'kid' or 'boy' so I never bothered by my name because I have no relationship with any people since I came to this world.

"That's the only name I've ever used so it's as good as my real name."

"No, you have one right? When you still living on Earth."

I opened my eyes widely after hearing the girl's words.

"How do you know I'm from Earth?"

The girl only shrugged her shoulders without answering.

Come to think of it, where is this place? I felt so natural in this place that I never questioned it.

"Well, do you remember or not?"

"I..."

I tried to recall my old name but to no avail. It's not just my name, my parents, sister, friends, and even my niece who I particularly close with, I can't remember any of their name. It's not only their name, I cannot recall how they looks as well, it was as if some kind of mist is blocking my mind.

When I keep trying to remember, I can feel someone pat my head.

I looked up and the girl is standing and patting my head before I know it.

"...What are you doing?"

"It's okay, you don't need to be afraid. You need throw away your prejudices and look at everything properly. That way, you will be able to move forward."

I couldn't tell what her expression is but I can feel a hint of sadness in her voice.

What the hell is she talking about?

I can hear understand each and every words but when they strung together I couldn't understand any of it nor the reason she said it to me.

And then I recalled there's a scene from a game I played long ago where the heroine said a similar line.

Was she played the same game and just wanted to say that line in reality?

She know I was from Earth even though I never told that to anyone in this world. But if she also came from Earth, it's possible she knows by using some kind of special ability.

"Huh?"

Suddenly my vision became blurry and the girl walk away towards the house.

~~~

I opened my eyes and what lies before me is a starry sky hidden behind the trees. I can hear the crackling sound of campfire and the faint sounds of insects.

"Umm... Are you okay?"

Hearing that voice I jolted my body and looked at the person who spoke me.

The one who spoke to me is someone who, no matter how I look at him, seems to be a highschool boy.

Seeing his appearance made me stupefied. He's wearing jeans and a dark brown hoodie.

Wait, Jeans and hoodie!?

As far as I know there's no hoodie or jeans in this world, it's possible that such clothing existed in some corner of the world but I can tell with a singke glance that his clothes is obviously a modern product

While I was frozen from shock he spoke again with an awkward expression on his face.

"Umm... Were you having a bad dream or something? You keep fidgeting while you were unconcious and suddenly you started crying."

"Huh?"

I touch my face and found out that the right side of my face is wet with tears beacuse the tears only coming out from my right eye.

What happened? Was I really having a bad nightmare to the point I was crying? But then again, why only my right eye.

I wipe my face with my sleeve and turn to face him again.

"Who are you?"

"Ah, my name is Tanzawa Hayato."


3