Chapter 1 Side-Story: The Mysterious Hunters
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was in the middle of the night when two women were seen walking towards the front gate of the high school. In front of the gate stands a young female with brown hair styled in short ponytails. She is wearing a short-sleeved shirt that is half blue and half black, paired with black shorts. On her hands, she wears fingerless gloves in black and around her neck, there is a blue collar. She accessorizes with a blue shade and blue headphones, a double belt in blue and black, and blue boots with an X leg band in blue. With a sigh, she brought her arms together in a cross. "Could you explain the reason why we need to do this?"

The woman addressed the adolescent female who had short black hair with red highlights, was wearing a sleeveless black and red battle shirt, a black skirt, black fingerless gloves, and black boots with a white bandana on her right leg and red shades. The teenage girl was standing right next to the woman when she spoke to her. With a heavy sigh, she uttered the words "It's from the boss."

The woman glares at her with an icy expression. "Kana, please do not complain about this investigation as they have specifically chosen us to investigate this supernatural phenomenon in this town."

Kana let out a deep sigh while rubbing her head in frustration. "I suppose I have no other choice but to go along with your plan, Hotaru."

As they walked into the Highschool, Kana pulled out her phone, causing the phone screen to light up. "MIRAGE OPEN!"

As the two girls approached, a mysterious gray gate suddenly materialized, causing Kana to let out a sigh. "Although the level of threat at this gate is low, we must remain cautious as there is a powerful enemy present within."

Upon entering the gate, they were met with a maze resembling a labyrinth, causing Kana to let out a sigh. "Although I cannot perceive any imminent threat in our surroundings, it would be prudent for us to remain vigilant and alert."

"Got it." Hotaru and Kana walked together through the labyrinth, continuing their investigation. As Hotaru approached the gate, she paused to look at it before placing her hand on it to open it. "Our journey awaits us, so let's make a move."

"Yea!" Kana exclaimed with a sigh of relief, as they walked down the winding labyrinth. While walking, Kana spotted something on the ground and picked up a strange key. "What is this?"

Hotaru's gaze shifts towards the key as she examines it. "The object that we have come across bears a striking resemblance to a key, possibly one that could be used to unlock a diary or similar item, yet we have opted to hand it over to our boss for further examination."

As Kana and their companions continue to make their way through the labyrinth, nodding in agreement with each other, they suddenly come face to face with a phantom that looks like a fox. "That's great," she says, as she summons two Yo-Yos in her hand. "Hotaru, it seems that we will have to engage in a fight with this thing."

"Yes, I am fully aware." Hotaru let out a deep sigh and proceeded to summon a staff into her hand. "I guess we do."

As the fox phantom approaches them, Hotaru quickly summons a shield to protect herself and her companion before using her staff to retaliate against the creature. With their combined skills, Kana and Hotaru engage in a fierce battle against the fox phantom, with Kana using her Yo-Yo to attack and Hotaru adding her own touch by spinning her staff around and performing a stunning "Storm Crash. Kana."

"I know." Utilizing her yo-yo, Kana launched a fierce attack on the fox phantom just as Leo's symbol "Leo: Fire Explosion" turned it red.

Kana's use of her yo-yo, and her subsequent pulling of it with tremendous force, resulted in a powerful explosion that was the ultimate cause of the fox phantom's demise. Kana let out a sigh of relief, feeling a weight lifted off her shoulders. "With that being settled, we can move on to the next task at hand." As they walked down the labyrinth, Kana and Hotaru remained focused and determined.

As they continued walking, they noticed that every time they approached a gate, another one appeared in front of them. Hotaru attempted to open one of the gates, but unfortunately, it remained locked. "I believe that we have reached the limit of how far we can go."

"What is the plan from here on out?" Kana inquired.

"At this moment, we are returning and should be back for now."

Kana nods her head in agreement as they use the phone to leave and return back to the real world. "Once we return to the headquarters, let's make sure to give the key we found to the boss."

"Right," Hotaru replied with a grin as she pondered over the thought that had just occurred to her. ".We are in need of additional information to proceed."


Kana and Hotaru, after leaving the Mirage, eventually reach their base, where they come across a young male with black hair that has yellow highlights. This man has tied his hair up in a ponytail and is wearing a black shirt with a red devil logo, in addition to black shorts and shoes. When the man spots Kana and Hotaru, he looks at them with his piercing blue eyes. "Hello there, how are you doing today?"

"Akihiko," Kana said, calling out his name. "What you doing here?"

"Oh, I just want to see you guys," Akihiko said joyfully with a smile on his face, expressing his desire to see the group. "So, Did you obtain something new?"

"Yea!" exclaimed Hotaru joyfully as she handed him the key. "We found this, but we think it is just a key for a diary or something."

"Oh, really!" exclaimed Akihiko as he took the key from her hand, his surprise evident as he looked at it. "Since you both seem exhausted, why don't you take some rest while I conduct some tests on it?"

Hotaru and Kana silently nodded at each other before making their way to their room, where they changed into their comfortable pajamas and settled down for the night. Hotaru let out a deep sigh as she gazed upon Kana and posed a question. "Hey!, I want to ask you something."

"Can you tell me what it is?" Kana inquired.

"I'm curious," Hotaru said with a stern look on her face, "why haven't you ever mentioned anything about your family to me?"

Kana let out a heavy sigh as she gazed at her, pausing for a moment before speaking. "Because I..." Her voice trailed off as she lowered her gaze, gathering her thoughts before continuing. "There are a few issues that I have with them." With a heavy heart, she laid back down and let out a long sigh. "However, I am not interested in discussing it."

"If that's what you believe," replied Hotaru with a slight grin on her face. "Kana, in your opinion, do you believe that discovering the individual responsible for creating this chaos would help us rectify the situation?"

"I hope so," Kana said softly as she closed her eyes, expressing her uncertain thoughts.


The following day, Kana was strolling down the second-floor hallway of Yumesakura Girls' Academy. A lower classman approached her and asked her a question. "Senpai, if you don't mind, may I ask you a question?"

Kana turned around to face her and asked, "What is it that you wanted to tell me?"

"Have you ever come across the Star Dream Wish?" questioned a student.

Although Kana had a shocked expression on her face, she quickly recovered and put on a smile. "Could you please tell me what that is?" she asked.

"It urban legend, at midnight when you phone screen is off and app will appear and granted your desire" said the students. "It has been observed that a number of my classmates have had their wishes granted."

Kana responded with a smile and a nod of her head, expressing her delight with the statement by looking at her with a smile on her face and saying, "That's really cool to hear."

"No way! Really, senpai?" exclaimed the girl, clearly shocked by what she had just heard.

Kana was in the middle of nodding when she heard a voice calling her name. Looking up, she saw Hotaru waving excitedly at her and calling out, "OI! KANA!"

Kana's gaze fell upon the girl and a smile stretched across her face. "Sorry! I have to go."

Kana turned around, walked towards Hotaru and let out a deep sigh. "There are still many people discussing the Star Dream Wish, as it has become quite a popular topic."

"It's really crazy not knowing the capabilities of that thing," exclaimed Hotaru.

"As soon as possible, we need to put a stop to this," Kana said. "We need to act fast, or else somebody else might get killed."

"I completely agree with you, Kana," replied Hotaru, maintaining a serious expression on her face. "The news this morning was about the discovery of a dead high school girl.

"The Fuck!?" Kana was so shocked upon hearing the news that she yelled in disbelief. "Once again, Star Dream Wish has caused someone to fall victim to its power and influence."

Hotaru, with a smirk on her face, directed her gaze towards Kana and proceeded to plant a kiss on her cheek. In a moment of embarrassment, Kana froze and then proceeded to strike Hotaru in the head. "Y...You Jackass!?"

"Come on, Kana," Hotaru said while laughing at her friend, urging her to do something. "You have neglected to give me your love."

"One: Shut up," Kana said with a look of anger on her face, clearly indicating that she was not pleased with the situation. "The second point that I would like to make clear is that we are not in a relationship, not even dating."

"Yet!?" questioned Hotaru with a sly grin directed towards Kana. Just as Kana was about to strike Hotaru, the latter dashed away while winking and teasing Kana with the words, "Come and get me, Kana."

"Hotaru!!" Kana yelled as she ran after her, determined to catch up. "Get back here!!!!"

0