Chapter 2: A Game Called Life
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The following day, Miu was spotted jogging early in the morning, dressed in a sleek black and gray tracksuit. Miu starches her arms and legs, preparing herself for a jog. "Ok, let go!" she exclaims, starting her jog around the town. She jogs through the streets, taking in the scenery as she makes her way towards the park. Once she arrives, she stops to take a break and catch her breath before continuing on her way. Just as Miu was about to start running again, she suddenly caught sight of a couple of middle school girls who were bullying a young girl with short black hair. This girl was wearing a black and darkish blue hoodie along with black shorts, blue shoes, and a white facemask. She was staring at her bullies with her striking purple eyes. Miu let out a deep sigh as she walked towards them and began to speak. "I strongly advise you, young troublemakers, to stop pestering that young lady. It is not acceptable behavior."

"Convince us, why should we listen to you?"

"I advise you to stay out of it as it is not your concern."

Standing in front of them, Miu's anger escalated and she got really pissed off. "I specifically instructed you to leave this poor girl alone." 

The anger of the two girls intensified as they prepared to slap Miu. The young girl, who had long black blueish hair, was wearing a white and pink stripe long sleeves shirt with a white skirt, long black stockings, and red high heels. As she was looking around, a girl with dark blue eyes grabbed her hand.

The girls were taken aback when they saw the black blueish haired girl sigh. "It is important to heed the words of this lady who advised to leave that girl alone." 

Despite the girls growling at her, she didn't back down and instead, she slapped them across the face. "Stop bothering this young lady." The group of girls quickly sprinted away from the scene.

Miu rubbed the back of her head while bowing. "I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your assistance, so, 'umm' thank you."

"I want to make it clear that I did not do this for you, but rather because I have a strong dislike for individuals who bully others." With a blunt tone, she walked away from them and made it clear with her words.

With a heavy sigh, Miu's gaze fell upon the black-haired girl as she posed a question. "Are you feeling alright? I just want to make sure everything is okay with you."

With a nod of her head and a bow, the black-haired girl quickly ran off, leaving Miu behind to rub her head and reflect upon the encounter.  'Has she been able to get enough sleep recently?'. Looking closely at her face, she realizes that there's a dark bag under her eyes.

As Miu was jogging back to her apartment, she caught sight of a young woman with long blonde hair, who was wearing a black and red striped shirt paired with black jeans, black and red striped gloves, red shoes, and red glasses. The woman noticed Miu and gave her a friendly wave. "Hey Miu!"

"Haruko, it's great to see you here! Can you tell me what brings you to this place?" Miu asked as she sees her cousin who comes to visit her.

"What do you mean? Are you saying I am not allowed to visit my cousin?" Haruko asked as she walk up to her and smiled. "I wanted to see you anyway since mom was worried about you."

Miu let out a deep sigh while crossing her arms together. "Really now." 

Miu rubbed her head in frustration and slowly made her way back to her apartment, deep in thought. "Unfortunately, I had a prior engagement that kept me from attending, and for that, I apologize."

"What do you mean by that?" Haruko asked for further explanation.

"Oh stuff," Miu muttered, attempting to prevent Haruko from discovering the makai world. "So, What's new?"

"The only reason I came here is to see you," Haruko said with a sigh, observing Miu's strange behavior.

"Well I'm happy that you come to see me." Miu said with smile on her face.

"Mi-chan!" Hiroki exclaimed as he caught up to Miu, taking a moment to catch his breath before gazing at her. "Miu, we need to talk," Hiroki stated, then looked over at Haruko and gave a wave. "Oh! Hey Haruko!"

"Hello, Hiroki," said Haurko with a smile on her face as he greeted him.

"I'm curious to know what brings you here," said Hiroko to Haruko who had just arrived.

"It was just a visit to Miu," Haruko said, smiling as she turned around to face him. "My purpose for coming here was to see you Miu and make sure that you remember to call mom." She walked away from the place as she was making her way to meet her friends.

As Miu turned to Hiroki, her sigh of relief was evident on her face. "I'm so glad you made it," she said. "I was freaking out because Haruko almost found out about the world of Makai."

"Ah, I'm glad you didn't spill the beans to her, Mi-chan," Hiroki said with a grin on his face as he recalled something. "Oh right! I need to talk to you about something."

With a curious tone, Miu asked the question, "What is it?"

"Do you know Alex Ashinano?" asked Hiroki with serious tone in voice.

Miu nods her head in response to Hiroki's question and remembers Alex vividly. "Yes, I remember meeting him at the Bizarcade Arcade."

Deeply sighing, Hiroki turned to Miu with a serious expression and spoke "Mi-chan, what I'm about to say will likely come as a shock to you."

Miu's voice was serious as she spoke, "Hiroki, I need to know. Please tell me."

"Alex Ashinano has gone missing," stated Hiroki seriously.

"What?" Miu said in a shocked tone as she learned that Alex Ashinano was missing. "How the hell that happen?"

"I don't know," Hiroki said, his arms firmly crossed in front of him. "During my visit to the arcade, I had the opportunity to see Alex's uncle who owns the place, and also observed that his parents had arrived to see him. As I walked by, I overheard them discussing Alex's whereabouts with the police."

It appears that Miu is quite shocked by all of this. "Could it possibly be that Star Dream Wish is involved?"

"I'm not entirely certain," Hiroki said with a sigh as he looked over at Miu. "I have already sent a text message to Reiko with regards to this matter."

Beep Beep Beep

Upon receiving a text from Reiko, Hiroki pulled his phone out and read the message, which simply said "Reiko just texted me".

"What did she say?" asked Miu with serious tone.

"She want us to meet at HQ fast." said Hiroki while reading the text from Reiko. "As per her statement, there is currently an individual present in makai."

"Understood!" exclaimed Miu as she quickly made her way back to her apartment to change out of her work clothes and into her regular attire, then hastily headed out to meet Hiroki. "I suggest that we should go now."

Hiroki affirms his understanding by nodding. Miu and Hiroki both urgently and hastily make their way to the headquarters.


While typing on her computer, Ichiko simultaneously glanced at the screen and exclaimed, "This is insane!"

As Miu and Hiroki enter the HQ, they notice that Reiko and Cosmic are already present and waiting for them. Reiko looks at them with a sigh of relief and says, "I'm glad that you both are here."

"Oh wow, there's someone in Makai at the moment!" exclaimed Cosmic with a serious tone. "It is common knowledge that Makai poses a significant threat to anyone who dares to enter."

"Indeed, that is already known to us," Miu stated.

"Is it Alex Ashinano?" inquired Hiroki.

Reiko's serious tone was evident as she replied, "I'm not sure," implying her uncertainty about the issue at hand. "The thing is being looked at by Ichiko at the moment."

While Ichiko was still typing on her computer, she managed to successfully hack into the phone located in Makai. Upon discovering all the data, she appeared to be in shock. Without hesitation, she shared the news with the others, saying "Guys, I've managed to hack into the phone and the owner is none other than Alex Ashinano."

"I knew it!" Hiroki said with a smile on his face as he directed his gaze towards Ichiko. "Could you please tell me the location of his current whereabouts?"

"I'm not sure where exactly," said Ichiko, looking at Hiroki and Miu. "If you could provide me with a few clues, I would be able to locate his whereabouts."

"Moving out is imperative," Reiko said with a serious tone of voice. "For this mission, we have decided to divide into two teams. Hiroki, you will be working with Cosmic, while Miu will be working with me. Our primary goal is to gather as many clues as possible in order to increase our chances of success in the rescue mission."

With unanimous agreement, everyone nods in unison before collectively heading out of the HQ premises in order to scour the vicinity for any possible clues that could be of assistance to Ichiko in locating Alex. Ichiko let out a deep sigh and gazed out of the window, pondering, "I wonder who is responsible for this chaos?"

0