Backing
84 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a long night, I laid back, resting, and sighed as I sat in the office again. Tina went over her new invention, and I found myself smiling with a brand new issue to contemplate. No more than one issue, and it wasn't going to be solved easily. There are many issues, but the thing that made all of this pleasant instead of an issue was the fact that she finished a model that could be shot multiple times. It was many times heavier and even more unwieldy to use, but it was working, but it needed more testing with facilities meant to test these things. This wasn't the Embassy where I got to regulate what rooms were used for what, and I sighed as I thought about the number of issues I was about to face with this new technology.

Sitting in my office now, Tina had gone to bed, and I pulled up a piece of paper to make a note. The first thing I wrote down was getting authority and control over this invention. That should be the easiest problem to deal with, but still the first issue I had to deal with. I was the person who made the investment for everything Tina made, and that was one of the ways the richer Bunny-kin controlled the power among our tribe. Those who paid the gold and funded the research got control over the technology with very few exceptions. The unfortunate part was that this could be considered one of the exceptions as it was military technology, although I could think of potential civilian use.

Still, That led to the second problem that Tina recognized was the lack of testing area to see what this technology could fully do. She didn't dare bring the power to the max inside the Silvermoon tower or inside in general. This meant that I needed to find a place to test and further development of this technology which hasn't even been named in this world. I had some suggestions in my head, but I kept them quiet.

That brought me to the third problem, which was manufacturing more in a short time frame. If I could make an assembly line, that would be for the best, we would also need Enchanters of a certain caliber which would probably be in the middle of the war-making achievements instead of wanting to stay home to manufacture! That made this a very serious issue, bringing up even more issues.

The list started developing in front of me, and I began to frown. I hadn't even made it to the damn people that would shoot the things. There was too damn much to do, and there was only one thing I could do, and I wondered if I should delay this.

I tapped the desk, thinking and I already had a couple of solutions to the first problem. We could at least start solving the first problem, although it would still be conspicuous. Still, I could control the information in that area, and I tapped my desk more and more. I stood and stormed out of my office, surprising Yuri, and I headed past her like a woman on a mission.

"Be careful, Chelsea!" Yuri called after me as the door closed behind me.

I moved through the Silvermoon Tower and reached the floor in question, and I sighed. I knocked on my parents or at least my father's door. I hit it with loud solid hits that echoed in the hallway, and a second later, a female bunny-kin poked her head out. She was a brown bunny-kin, and I could feel the mana radiating off her body. She was a B ranker, although I felt that she was weaker than me, and she looked me up and down.

"Chelsea Loveknot to see you," She said, her voice flat.

"Come in!" My father announced, and the Brown haired bunny-kin opened the door for me, and I stepped in to see his apartment, and I saw my father in a robe loosely tied up with a gold bunny-kin girl nearby on the floor, breathing heavily. I felt the mana coming off her and realized it was another B ranker, and this time there was no way she was a Wizard. Her mana felt different, but I ignored her as I moved around and sat on the couch.

"Father," I said seriously.

"What is it?" My father asked seriously, "It is a little early for you to be showing up. No meetings were in place on this day, so I cannot help but wonder why you loudly knocked on my door."

"I have serious issues and solutions I need your help with the council on," I told him, leaning back.

"Oh?" My Father said, and his demeanor changed a little, and he smiled brightly. It felt weird, but he leaned back and spread his arms. "You have done much, and I must say that I am proud of you, Chelsea. You are the youngest and most successful daughter your mother, and I have had. I wonder what you need from me now since you never asked before?"

I winced before I softened my look toward him. "Your right; I never asked for anything from you." I began, "My woman, Tina the gnome," I said, pausing before my father nodded, acknowledging her. "I have invested in her and got her allocated with a workshop in the Silvermoon tower. She has finished an invention that I believe may fundamentally change the upcoming war in our favor. Almost as large of an invention as the discovery of the effect of the potion with Illusion spells."

My father's eyes widened in surprise, and his expression quickly changed back to his usually serious demeanor. "Rina, Bellamy, Leave," My father said, and the two bunny-kin girls got up and bowed to him before leaving the room. "Are you sure about this?" My father asked.

"To be honest," I said with a wry smile, "I can only guess since I have never been a part of warfare in my life. I believe that it is something that may have a major impact o the war effort." I told him, "Think of all of those Contaminated Arcane Crystals that we have and keep around. Imagine if we found a way to use them to kill the Empire's soldiers."

My father's expression turned serious, and he leaned forward, which seemed to loosen his robe without him realizing. "Those useless things might have a use?" My father said, "That would be great, although" He leaned back in thought. "IS this device something that only works on one Contaminated Arcane Crystal or all types no matter the contaminates?" He asked.

I shrugged, "That is the problem, father. I have invested thousands of gold and silver coins into this project. With the Logistics and elite armies, I have no time to make more potions to fund my research. We are running out of funds, and I will have to find an alternative way to fund things." I told him seriously, and my father barked a laugh.

"Don't lie to me, Chelsea," My father said, much to my surprise, "You have that Elf using your name in order to create businesses. She has been making some good strides. You should have some gold to continue funding these things without tapping Silvermoon Towers funds."

I barked a laugh back at him, "Rose is doing a good job. I will also tell you that there is no available gold to go to the scale that I need, father." I told him with a serious expression, "I will run out of funds, and I don't even have more Contaminated Arcane Crystals for Tina to test with!" I announced while tossing my hands up in the air. "You think some small companies that are just starting up or have run for a little under a year can take on the strain of full experiments creating a whole new Military technology?!" I asked with a raised voice, "I will tell you that it will bankrupt Rose's companies in a week here in the Beast-kin Nation. So no, only I can fund them with my potions, or the project will be put off till I have the time to gather funds. Parts for her experiments have to come from the Dwarven Kingdom as well, and some of those parts were sent to the Embassy, and they have yet to make their way back to Silvermoon Tower."

My father was frowning now, and I looked at him seriously and leaned forward, "Father, I am saying this because I care, and I believe I understand what is coming next. We are about to go to war, and we will need every weapon. This is a chance to start developing something in the background for a second push into the Empire's lands. I believe that we are going to push into their territory with the Illusionists Queen Mira brings. We are going to take some land while the Empire brings its full military to bare, and we will need to defend that territory and even retreat. But both sides will come to either a truce at that point, or we will be pushed back. I believe this will be the second arrow in our bow that will allow us to shoot a second offensive against the Empire." I told him seriously, "I may be wrong, but if my thinking is right, we can at least use this to our advantage in the latter half of the war if we start funding and experimenting now."

We stared at each other, and my father looked at me more seriously. "You are taking this very seriously. I am sure you have some form of the solution too if you are coming to me. You have something planned and need me to be on your side with the Elder council, don't you?" He asked, and I smiled.

"Yes, I do have a very small plan." I told him, "First," I began holding up a finger, "I need land outside the city that I can control completely. I need to be able to control who comes into the area and who leaves. I will declare this area the Logistics Army Headquarters. I will start training and doing research and development here. I will develop several blacksmiths, alchemical workshops here, and anything else I need to create weapons of war for the war front in the coming war. This was simplified a lot, but it will also make the logistics of supplies simpler. We can use this as a manufacturing area and testing area completely off limits to normal people and people that have no need to be there. This will allow secrecy of any experiments to be more easily kept."

I took a deep breath and put up a second finger, "Next, I will need to train and make the tools to make some of the parts that go into this device that can only be purchased in the Dwarven Kingdom. I could probably use the help of my Sister Christina in this as well, although she is probably more useful at the front. Still, we need to learn, experiment and develop these Lenses that we right now purchase from the dwarves in case they embargo us. This is an absolute necessity for the development of this technology and will cost a lot. This can all be hidden in the budget for the Logistics army."

I took another deep breath as my father looked unconvinced as I wished, "Third, I need land for a Boot Camp. Something so I can ensure that all the armies I am making understand exactly what is expected of them and tear down our Kin to rebuild them as a fighting force. I said this before, but I think our current barbaric version of tribes working together isn't a good idea. We need cohesion and people strictly following orders without thought. That means training, and I need to have started training them months ago. I need a location and a large budget of gold in order to afford to do it all at the same time. This is non-negotiable, and Queen Mira also will be expecting something to help make our Elite army something that seems Elite."

"Is there anything else?" My Father asked, sounding annoyed.

"Father," I said, pausing and pinching the bridge of my nose, annoyed myself. "If I talked about all the things that I need, then we will have hours and hours of discussion with you losing what is important. I will be coming to anyone who will listen about all the things I need. I am creating a more effective fighting force from nothing. I will need more gold than you are willing to spend, and it will still not be enough. I guarantee that. We do not have time to go slow, which means I will need people to head out into the city and make contracts with places that will try and rip us off. Only the most outrageous ones will I be able to skip. That means I am going to be burning gold on something that could have been cheaper, and I will have to suck it up. On the bright side of this," I paused momentarily as I saw anger develop in my father. "It will do wonders for taxes this year. With the influx of gold Spent on the tower on things that it normally wouldn't spend on, those businesses will grow and or spend on new things." I shrugged, "it might not work as well as I am thinking, but it may work out that way, and we will make a large portion of our gold back with taxes later. Continuing from there, though," I took another obvious breath, "I will be absolutely ripped off, and there will be nothing I can do about it but hurt the worst of the bad actors I deal with. I have to develop three areas father. I need a Logistics army area where I can develop workplaces and man those workplaces. I will have to pay people so they can eat and live. Then we have the Boot camp to filter all of our recruits into these armies, which will slow everything down. That means I will have delays in everything I want to do! That is all without a launch date for this goddamn war!"

At this moment, I worked myself up and felt annoyance myself, "I have fifty fucking things that I need to have done three years ago, and I have MONTHS TO DO IT IN!" I yelled without meaning to, and my father looked at me surprised, and I sighed. At some point, I had started standing, and I was raving around in his room. I felt my face heat, and I went back and sat down on the couch and noticed that my father's robe had opened slightly, and I could see his bushy cock. It hung at about three inches flaccid, and I coughed and pointed at his robe. A second later, he retied his robe, and it was out of sight.

"Sorry about my outburst," I said finally, "I am under a lot of expectation and trying my best. I need backup with the elder council. I need these things done sooner rather than later, or you might start the war with Queen Mira's Illusionists." I shrugged as my father's eyes widened, "I made promises, and she expects them to be done in those ways. That means I need to start now to have a couple of squads to bring to the war front. Hopefully, a division of elite army soldiers that work together through thick and thin to help push the Empire back and start this war on the right foot. I need your backing, father. Will you give it to me?" I asked finally.

My father stared at me, and I could see his eyelid twitching. He leaned back and looked at me, "With your mother, I may be able to back this all. But are you sure Queen Mira will not move her Illusionists forward without the elite army?" He asked.

I sighed, "Father, the only reason I could convince her to come was with the Elite army promise. She will only do it under those circumstances, and without it, we have no Illusionists to fight with us, making those potions useless." I told him, my voice sounding sad.

"Fine, I will get you your damn gold and land. We will have to discuss the finances, though." His expression darkened, "That isn't going to be a pretty fight. We have gold in the treasury, but it isn't bottomless."

I winced before I sighed, "The best you can. Each gold coin will be spent on the war effort. Try and get some other tribes on board if you have to! Any more educated soldiers will be welcome. I personally don't care what Tribe they are from, Father. We are fighting the Empire. I will take anyone who is willing to help." I got up as I told him that and turned to leave the room, "Tell me when the meeting is for the budget. I guarantee that I probably need triple the amount of gold you are thinking at this moment."

"Chelsea," My father said as I walked to the door, and I turned to look at him. "What I said earlier is still true. I am proud of you. I look forward to seeing what you can accomplish," He told me, and I opened the door stepping out.

"I will prove myself with my accomplishments at the end of this war, Father. I need the backing now," I closed the door, and a loud bang echoed as I walked down the hallway and hoped for an eighth of the budget I thought was absolutely necessary to fund these two armies. They were two black holes for funding that could never have too much gold. I sighed and felt tired.

Instead of heading back to the office, I decided to get some sleep and headed back to my ladies and rest. I felt a desperate need to be hugged and moved to seek refuge in the Silvermoon Tower.

------------

Announcement:

Thank you for Reading. Just a heads up, I have released two new short stories on Amazon Kindle Unlimited. If you are interested, you can look up the stories:

 

Stories of a Futanari S ranked Adventurer: Meeting a Pair

The Rich Girls Futanari Maid is a Masochist: Discovery

 

Check them out if you're interested. Thank you all again for enjoying my story. Please Comment, Rate, and Review the Story if you are interested in doing so

 

If you enjoy my works, you can support me by going to my Patreon.com/madjic Or purchasing my books at:

Week 1:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B096QTS87W?notRedirectToSDP=1&ref_=dbs_mng_calw_0&storeType=ebooks

Week 2:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09LT9S2G8?notRedirectToSDP=1&ref_=dbs_mng_calw_1&storeType=ebooks

Week 3:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B53S7SWT?ref_=dbs_p_pwh_rwt_anx_cl_1&storeType=ebooks

Week 4:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BT4Z73N5?ref_=dbs_p_pwh_rwt_anx_cl_1&storeType=ebooks

Week 5:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CD2DF3W3

Week 6:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CW1K1ZGD

7