Chapter 2: The tribe talks about “Baby Names”
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     As the masked thing stands up its bones crackle and pop, It groans and stands with a hunch and grabs its walking stick with one of its three fingered hands. Carefully with one arm it lifts the baby up and carefully gives it to the green skinned thing. "Let's go and see what our brothers can come up with" says the masked thing. 

     As they both walk out of the tent, they are swarmed by over fifty others similar to themselves. Some were green and wore loincloths, some were green and were dressed in full garb, some grew feathers from their heads and others grew flower petals however all of them were the same height and were curious. "Hey where's the baby! Can I see it?"  "Hey, what has been happening with abe?" "Can you help me with the crops?" "Have you named the baby yet?"

      All of these things asking random questions made the baby uneasy and strangely this caused grey clouds to form overhead. The masked thing noticed this and immediately put an end to the commotion, "QUIET DOWN YOU IDIOTS!" Hollered the masked thing. "Do you want to make the most magically gifted mudokon baby we have had in centuries cry? You will kill us all!" The masked thing reprimanded the tribe of oafs for their behavior.

     "Now that I have your attention, we have decided to have the tribe decide the name of the new baby. I warn you, don't think of anything weird I want as normal a name as possible for this kid." "I want you all to think together long and hard about the name after all, the baby will be stuck with it for the rest of his existence".

     As he said this the tribe all huddled together into a tight ball of colored bodies and whispered to each other. "How about Barnaby" one suggested. "No that would be weird, how about Dudley!" Another spoke. "No that is just as weird as Barnaby, how about Mark" said another yet again. 

     After a good day of thinking and deliberating one mudokon said "How about Dixon", this sent the tribe into a quiet moment of constant Hmmms. "Well that sounds decent, might as well since we cannot come up with a better name" one flower headed thing said.

      "Yeah that's good", "yeah whatever """Yeah that's fine""". With everyone in agreement, the masked thing and the babies caretaker went back into the tent to do the traditional naming rites.

0