Chapter 3: Baby Dixon
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     After the masked thing and caretaker sat back down they began the naming rites. "Oh Almighty raisin, your knowledge crosses worlds and places meanings upon the meaningless, please, we beg of you! Stamp this name this upon the soul of this newborn whelp so that his ancestors may make way for his soul upon his death". As the masked thing spoke this phrase, all of baby could hear was a peaceful, yet somber tune being whistled.

     As the song ended, the masked thing slapped his fat hands together and prayed. As it prayed, the winds began whipping and creating a soft hum. A hum that created another, even more mystifying tune. 

     "I have heard your call beyond the pale, speak now the name of the child, so that his name may be heard for time immemorial" said a voice from upon the winds. "His name Is Dixon" said the masked thing. "So be it. From here forth, this child shall be known as Dixon! May he be able to hear the call of his brethren and may he be welcomed into the Frey of with his ancestors when his time comes".

     As the final words were spoken, the tent rattled, the winds picked up and the light turned a deep blue. Soon, neon blue thunder zapped down from the sky and into the tent where it would harmlessly strike baby Dixon.

     At the moment of impact Dixon absorbed the sparks and his color changed. No longer was it a dark green, now it was dark grey with a shade of deep blue.

     As the light and energy faded, the baby opened its eyes for the first time, and upon not seeing anything but black, it cried!

0