Chapter 4: Grimm Menace
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Braud and Kate were fighting Beta and his team outside, Reka ran inside the cave. Upon entering he saw a lot of dust crystals and different colours, shapes and sizes lighting up the cave. He kept running deeper into the cave while sudden thoughts entered his mind.

Please hold it out long enough!

I need to do this quickly!

I can't let them down!

Reka looked at his bandaged arm while running.

It seems the adrenaline is still in full effect. I got to finish this entire ordeal before it goes away.

I'm still bothered with what Beta said. "What is Merlot Industries and what did it have to do with the facility? The possibility of everyone being dead back there makes me scared, I hope it isn't as bad as it seemed.

How long does this cave keep going for!

After running for at least 3 more minutes he arrived at a big open space with a massive yellow dust crystal stuck above the sealing.

Woah I have never seen such a big crystal before!

Reka looked down in front of him.

There were now 6 Ursa coming right at him.

Crap I got to beat them and fast!

The 6 Ursa surrounded him.

Reka looked at his weapon.

Ursula was able to cut so easily through that Ursa from back at the forest and was able to slice through that large energy blast as if it was nothing. Just maybe this weapon is stronger than average, time to confirm it!

The 6 Ursa now jumped at him ready for a union claw attack, when the Grimm got close enough, Reka did a 180 rotation slash, slicing through all the masks of the Urso making them evaporate.

I guess my hinge really was true!

As Reka looked in front of him, relentless fear struck him.

"What is that?!" Reka exclaimed.

It was a Ursa Major, but not just any. It was at least 3 times bigger than the average Ursa Major and instead of its body having a black color it was completely white. It had 2 white enormous spikes behind its back shaped like a lance and its armour pieces were grey instead of white. There was also a red line connecting from under his eyes ending to the end of its mask.

So the white colored Grimm do exist! It looks terrifying... My hands are trembling! Am I really supposed to fight that? Maybe returning is a better option. Wait no! I promised them to get the power!

Darn it!

With his hands still trembling, Reka entered his attack stance where suddenly the Ursa Major stood up and held out his left paw, almost as if it was saying to wait a moment.

Reka was frozen in fear and was confused about what just happened.

What the hell was that?! It can communicate?!

The Ursa Major went back down again and reached for a sword which was lying next to one of the many human skeletons.

Oh no I am so dead!

Reka's eyes started to get wet as he held back from crying.

But something strange happened, the Ursa Major started to draw sometime on the ground. It was a message and it said: Hi.

Reka was amazed by what just happened and decided to respond in voice.

"H... h.. hello." Reka replied.

"Listen I came here to get power in order to help my friends who are fighting right now." Reka continued.

The Ursa Major wrote back with:

And you think I give the power? I don't give anything, I only lend it. If you want it you have no other option but to battle me.

"What?!" Reka reacted.

The Ursa Major continued to write.

I have lived for centuries. I started as a normal Ursa where I survived long enough to turn into a Ursa Major, but for some reason some weird mutation turned me into what I am now. I gained consciousness and the ability to learn from the world.

"Wait that's why you can write!" Reka replied.

Yes, I was finally freed from that woman who had control over me and even gained the power to command my own army of brethren.

"Woman?" Reka asked for further explanation.

I do not know her name but let's stop this talking. See all these skeletons around us. They were part of the people who knew of my existence. There aren't many of them and they usually die, so I never had to live a tough life.

Now, if you manage to beat me, I will lend you my power but with a catch.

"And what is that catch?" Reka asked.

Oh You will see. I hope you are ready, here I come.

The Ursa Major threw the sword away and was now rushing towards Reka.

Darn it, it's so fast!

When the Ursa Major arrived in close range he slashed at Reka with its sharp claws, which he blocked with his scythe but still got sent flying across the cave, because of the force.

"GAH!"

Reka slowly stood up with the help of his scythe giving him stability.

This does not look good for me. I might actually die while my friends believe in me that I would make it. Why must I always be weak, why can't I be strong?! The pain in my hand is also starting to appear. I have no idea how long I got until I bleed to death.

Tears start running from Reka's eyes.

You know what! if I am going to die might as do that while trying to put up the best fight I can!

But... I don't want to die, I want to live!

The Ursa Major is making his way to Reka.

"Yes come here you bastard!" Reka shouted with false confidence.

When the Ursa Major came close enough he slashed at Reka with his left arm, but he saw that coming and dodged by crouching, then the Ursa Major stood up and started rapidly punching at Reka. He kept dodging them by jumping backwards until the Ursa Major trew a fast left punch, which left Reka no other choice but to block it, this time he blocked it sideways making the scythe slice a long shallow wound and used that opening to do a diagonal slash to its chest armour leaving a small mark on it. The Ursa major then stood down again and charged pressure on its leg dashing forward with its head hitting Reka in his chest. Once again he got sent flying and was unable to stand up at the moment because of the immense pain.

The Grimm went over to another sword and began to write.

You actually managed to do damage on me huh? I am very impressed. I hate to break it to you but you will never beat me how you are now.

"Yes... I tsk realise that." Reka replied using all his energy to talk.

I did notice something interesting. Usually humans like you have this weird energy protecting you from my blows, but not once have I seen it appear from you.

"That's.. because.. I don't ha.. ve aura." Reka answered while he turned around on his and slowly pushed himself up to a crouch position.

Huh? Isn't every living thing supposed to have that?

"Yes.. but for some... reason I don't."

Ha in my entire lifespan this is the first I ever saw this happen.

"Are you not... going to kill me?" Reka asked.

Oh no not yet, you are way too interesting.

Now I am just a plaything to it! What a humiliating way to die! I am sorry everyone that I couldn't fulfill my duty!

A sad look appeared on Reka's face.

That scythe it's made of my brethren usually normal weapons can't hurt but yours did. I also have never seen such a weapon before. Let me tell you, you are a very amusing person, so I'll give you a last test.

"Okay.." Reka said while putting all of strength in his legs, managing to stand up again once more.

I'll tell you a fun fact. When we mutate we take a big portion of that woman's magic, but her reserve is so massive that she doesn't even notice and I am pretty sure she doesn't even know we exist. Us Grimm are able to use a special magical energy to create red beams and blasts with minor healing capabilities. If you managed to block my upcoming beam. I will lend you my power, if not you will die. So what is your choice?

"Well, it's either die or die so I agree to your proposal." Reka agreed.

The Ursa Major threw the sword away again and held up his left paw counting down from 5 with his fingers.

Come on Ursula I know you can hold this!

Reka put strength in his arm and held his scythe in front of him with the tip of blade pointing at the sealing.

The Ursa Major was done counting and opened his mouth as a red ball started to form until it reached the size of a wrecking ball, then the Major Ursa fired it off as a massive beam was heading towards Reka's way.

The beam clashed with the scythe, but after Reka pushed with all his remaining force within him the beam split in 2 causing a creator at the left and right side of him.

The Ursa Major picked up the sword again and wrote:

As promised I will lend you my power.

Reka fell on his knees and started to laugh.

"I did it guys!" He shouted.

Your body is in pretty bad shape.

Reka inspected himself. He had deep scratch wounds on both his left and right arm, his clothes were damaged and his arm was still bleeding.

Reka's expression quickly changed.

Am I done for?!

Don't worry about it. I will stop the bleeding and the pain with the help of my magic, but you will still need to find a way to close the wounds.

"Thank you. Tsk I never thought Grimm would be so nice." Reka replied, appreciating it.

Now listen to my following instructions. I will come close to you and you have to slice my head off. My body will disappear, but my mask will remain, touch it and we will be linked together. Whenever you are ready to lend my power and discuss the catch put on the reshaped mask.

"Okay!" Reka responded.

The Ursa Major threw away the sword, went up close to him and held his head in close range for Reka, who then proceeded to slice off his head successfully. The Grimm body evaporated but its mask remained.

Reka crouched down and touched the mask.

"Argh!"

A sudden pain appeared all over his body and went away after a minute.

Reka inspected the mask.

The mask was completely white and had 2 holes where his eyes are supposed to be. It had the perfect size for his head.

"Wait it completely changed as if it was made to make it fit me." Reka said, surprised.

Reka then inspected his body. The bleeding stopped everywhere and the pain was gone.

"I guess what it said was true." Reka said to himself

Of course it is. A deep sinister voice said in his mind.

"Wait are you?!"

Yes I am the Grimm you linked with. Just remember to put on the mask when you are ready. This is the last time I will talk to you until then. Bye.

Suddenly an explosion could be heard at the entrance of the cave.

What was that?!

Reka ran out the open space making his way to the entrance, when he arrived he saw Braud and Kate sitting down against the cave's wall.

"Braud, Kate I have the power!" Reka shouted and gave them a hug.

"I told you he could do it alone." Braud quickly said to Kate before Reka came up to them.

"I am so glad that the both of you are alright!"

"Same goes to you! Wait look at all the wounds!" Kate replied.

"Oh don't worry about that for now it stopped bleeding and doesn't hurt, we just need to patch it up as soon as possible." Reka said back.

"Oh okay If you say so?" Kate responded, not paying it attention.

"So what happened during the time I was away?" Reka asked.

"Oh Beta and his team may be dead and Kate got a semblance." Braud summed up.

"REALLY SHOW IT TO ME KATE!!" Reka screamed in excitement.

"Sure!"

Kate stood up and held out her hand, a black transparent barrier formed around the 3 of them.

"A Barrier.... COOL!" Reka shouted.

"Thanks" Kate replied as she disabled the barrier.

Braud noticed the mask.

"Hey Reka what is that?" Braud asked.

"Oh this is a mask in order to borrow the power of the special Grimm I fought. It seems like there are more Grimm like the one my mom battled against." Reka explained.

"Maybe you can ask it about the Grimm your mom fought, you know get more info." Kate suggested.

"Wow I did not even think of that! Maybe we can even get the whereabouts of that Grimm, but I need to put on the mask again in order to talk to him. It's best to leave this still unknown power to emergencies." Reka responded.

"Yeah seems reasonable. Now I remember that we kinda left the bags with food behind the tree, so uhh isn't time to get out of here?" Braud proposed.

"But then what?" Kate suddenly asked.

Reka and Braud looked at Her.

"Umm.." Braud couldn't say anything.

"You heard what those 2 said right?!" Kate said.

"Hm?" Reka made a noise trying to recall.

"Grimm invading the city and Beacon Academy downfall. The Research camp being taken cared of. Where are we going to stay! The City is probably a battlefield and the camp a wasteland. We can't stay in the forest as we have limited food supplies. We don't even know if our parents are still alive! Damn it!" Kate said while being angry and hitting her fist against the Cave's wall.

"Your right, but what else are we supposed to do then?!" Braud shouted Kate.

"Tsk I don't know.." She replied.

"I know something we can do." Reka suddenly blurted out.

Both Braud and Kate now looked at him.

"Let's still go to the City even if it may be under attack, remember they might be evacuating and we can take that opportunity to get back to safety. Does that sound already to you guys?" Reka suggested.

Both of them nodded.

"Wait I recalled, I still have the scroll. If our parents are still alright they can still contact us, when there is a signal at least." Braud said, taking out his scroll.

"Yep the communication tower is definitely destroyed." Braud added.

"Anyways we need to get out of here." Kate reminded them.

"Oh yeah, Reka?" Braud asked for a favour while putting away his scroll again.

"Yes what do you need?" Reka questioned.

"Just cut a big piece of a random dust crystal with your scythe." Braud ordered.

"On it!"

Reka went over to a red dust crystal and cut a large part of it, where he then gave it to Braud. Braud put the crystal in front of the boulders blocking their way.

"Okay I will shoot it with my pistol as soon as it explodes. We get the hell out of here." Braud explained.

"Right!" Kate replied and Reka nodded.

"3"

"2"

"1"

Braud shot at the crystal causing an explosion, leaving an opening that was already on the verge of collapsing. Reka, Kate and Braud got outside just before the opening closed again by other boulders falling down.

"Now let's get our bags and get to the city!" Braud instructed.

"Hold it right there!" A mysterious voice shouted.

Braud and the rest stopped.

"Ah man, cut us some slack JEEZ!" Braud nagged.

As they turned around a man was approaching them.

He had long spiky hair half of it being blond and the other half being black with green eyes. He was wearing the same grey outfit as the rest of the huntsman fought before and a sniper attached to his side.

He looked at the mask.

"I Can't believe a bunch of kids got hold of a White Grimm's power." He said.

"Wait, that voice?!" Kate recognised it.

"Hm?"

"Hey who are you?!" Reka shouted.

"Me? I am Alphabet Symbol, but for you just Alpha. Leader of team ALPHABET I came here to get the Grimm's power along with my mercenaries. Can you tell me what happened to them?" He asked with a serious tone.

"Huh? They are probably dead. They had to fight a huge horde of Grimm." Braud replied with a smile.

Kate remembered something from Beta's conversation.

"Hey! Are you the one who ordered the attack on the Research camp?!" Kate asked Alpha.

"Oh I didn't Beta wanted to do that. I couldn't care less about Merlot Industries, it got taken by a team of first year huntresses from Beacon. But Beta could not live with that as he lost his family when they moved to Mountain Glenn. The research camp used to work for Merlot Industries before the fake death of Dr. Merlot. I personally would have never attacked the Facility as it's not my mission." Alpha explained.

"Then what do you want?" Kate followed up.

"Fun fact if you kill a Grimmasker, the Grimm dies along with the human it's linked with. I wanted to use that power in order to have chance against that woman who have been terrorising our lives for centuries. Now that I can't have that power I will just kill you for knowing too much." Alpha said.

Grimmasker is that what I am called? Who is that woman? Why is everyone being so vague about it?

"Bullcrap you are just jealous!" Braud shouted.

"Exactly! Now time to see how long you will survive against me." Alpha said entering his attack stance.

A Large Green Arm with a hand and claws attached appeared over his left arm.

"What the hell is that?!" Kate said, confused.

"Guys let's do this!"

Everyone entered their attack stance ready for Alpha's attack.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well well! Reka got a new power unknown to a large part of Remnant, learned more about its scythe capabilities and even discovered that there are more special Grimm than the one his mom fought against!

This chapter was action packed too huh? Good news: the next chapter will be exactly the same XD.

Please tell me your thoughts in the comments down below and:

Until next time!

0