Chapter 6: The Ruined City Of Vale (Volume Finale)
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Who are you?”

“Oh I am Reka!”

Reka pointed at Kate.

“She is Kate!”

“Hi nice to meet you.” Kate said to the girl.

Reka pointed to Braud.

“And he is Braud.”

Braud gave the girl a wave.

"And what's your name?" Reka asked the girl.

The girl wiped her tears, stood up, reached for her weapon and responded.

"I am Fecilia Vox, I guess a former student at Beacon.” She answered.

“Nice name.” Reka said.

“Thanks.” Felicia replied.

Braud suddenly stepped before Reka gave him a stop sign with his hand.

“Braud?” Reka said while being confused.

Braud ignored him.

“Okay let's end this awkward conversation and get to the real question, even though I am interested in what happened to you, we have to save that for later, at least if you will come with us at all.”

“What do you mean by that?” Felicia asked.

“Listen we are going to enter the City in hope for evacuation oh and stitching up my friends open wound. Do you want to join our team?” Braid explained and asked.

Felicia looked at Reka.

“WHAT how is it not bleeding?!” Felicia said being surprised.

“Uhhh.. Don’t worry about it.” Reka reassured.

“And are you people crazy? The entire city is filled with Grimm! Do all of you have a death wish or something? People are losing their lives over there!” Felicia shouted.

“So what are you going to do? Stay in the forest? Sure there aren’t many Grimm now, but after a few days they will start to spread and then what? You will be alone without any food nor help. I am pretty sure that isn’t the best outcome to have.” Braid tried to talk sense into Felicia.

“Ugh your right, but you're all just a bunch of kids. There is no way you would survive in there.” Felicia said back.

“Excuse us! We survived a mercenary attack as well as some crazy strong huntsman, even though I and Braud are 1st year combat students and Reka having 1 year of personal training!” Kate responded feeling a bit offended.

“Tsk if you say so.” Felicia said with disbelief in her eyes.

“Now want to come with us or die alone?” Braud asked one final time.

Fecilia thought for around 5 seconds.

“You know what? Sure I will join you, by the way maybe we have to stop at a combat store too, all your clothes are dirty and torn.” Fecilia suggested.

“Yeah that is a great idea.” Braud kept it in mind.

“So?....” Reka waited.

“It's time to go now, but before we go to the nearest private clinic we need to find a safe place to stay first.” Braud explained.

“Agreed.” Felicia responded.

“So are we just going to fight through hordes of Grimm until we find a safe house?” Reka questioned.

“Exactly!” Braid replied with a slight smile.

“Besides we have my barrier to protect us.” Kate added.

“Wow that is really useful!” Felicia complemented.

“Haha Thanks” Kate replied, rubbing her hair.

“Alright let’s move!” Braud shouted with pride.

Reka and the rest moved through the opening of the thick wall as they moved out of a back alley, they saw a road with a single shoulder fighting multiple Grimm.

“We got to save him!” Reka shouted.

Reka sliced through 2 Ursas coming his way.

2 Nevermore shot feather projectiles at the group.

“Ah crap!” Felicia cursed.

Kate activated a large barrier covering the entire group.

“Who are you people?” The soldier asked.

“Just some kids who wish to evacuate!” Braud answered.

“Well you're out of luck the last bullhead and airships have left.” The soldier replied.

“What?!” Reka said, shocked.

“Focus on the fight first, before asking further questions!” Felicia reminded.

“Okay I will deactivate the barrier!” Kate exclaimed.

A bunch of Ursa Creeps and Boarbatusks came their way.

Kate and Braud shot at them and killed a few, but there were just too many as a Creep was ready to ram the both of them, when Reka ran in front of them and sliced through its mask, making it evaporate.

“Guys heads up I will show you my awesome skill all of you stand behind me.” Felicia instructed.

“Okay!” Reka replied and the rest nodded proceeding to stand behind her.

The 2 Nevermore shot another set of feature projectiles and Kate quickly made another barrier.

“Here I go!”

Felicia held her lance with one hand and pressed a button on it, where a grip came out. The blade part of the lance opened in 4 split pieces, revealing 5 long barrels that started spinning.

“Deactivate the barrier!” Fecilia shouted.

“Right!”

Kate deactivated the barrier and Felicia started to shoot her gun.

“Take my mini-gun you monsters!” Felicia said, gunning down multiple Grimm.

"I'll help!" The soldier shouted and moved next to her.

"Darn it, there are still too many! Time to use my semblance." Felicia said.

She closed her eyes and opened them again as her bullets started to have a purple aura around them. The bullets started to move towards all kinds of directions.

"What? the bullets, their direction got changed?" The soldier noted.

Everywhere the Grimm moved the bullets followed them, taking care of the large horde at a rapid rate.

"No, it's homing on the Grimm." Braud realised.

After 2 minutes all the Grimm surrounding them got taken care of.

"Like my semblance? It is called Aura Bullet Control and it makes bullets stronger than normal and follows the targets I desire." Felicia explained.

"That is indeed very handy." Braud commented.

"It is but sadly even with this ability, I couldn't rescue my teammates." Fecilia said gripping her lance thighty.

As the rest stared at her, she quickly changed expression and started to resume talking.

"Now, mister, please explain the rest to us regarding the evacuation." Fecilia said.

"Just like I said just now there is currently no air transport to evacuate you. Before the CCT tower got destroyed, I received a briefing that no one can enter the City of Vale anymore and can only get out. Atlas and Mistral will send out more aircrafts, but it will at least take a few more days." The soldier explained.

"So does it mean we just have to survive till then?" Kate asked.

"Affirmative." The soldier replied.

"I have a question!" Reka shouted.

"What is it boy?" The soldier replied.

"Why are you all alone here?" Reka asked.

"We were with a huge squadron before, tasked with protecting this certain part of the commercial district. We managed to save the citizens around here, but my entire squadron fell to the hand of the Grimm, me being the sole survivor." The soldier explained.

"That is horrible!" Kate reacted.

"Yeah I know right, I wanted to hide away first, but I decided that I will fight till the very end. In the name of my fallen comrades." The soldier responded.

Suddenly a small horde of boarbatusks could be seen in the distance, but there was also a big scorpion Grimm behind them.

"No way a death stalker!" Felicia exclaimed.

The soldier held his gun tightly and said:

"Please get away from here as a bright future of hope is still possible for all of you."

"Mister what are you saying there is no way you can handle them alone, just come with us." Reka tried to reason.

"I appreciate it boy, but with all I have lost there is no reason to be alive anymore, so ill rather die as an unknown hero. Now please get out of here quickly before it's too late!" The soldier ordered.

Everyone started to run except Reka who was still struggling to help him!

"Reka come on!" Braud shouted.

"No I can't let him die!" He shouted back.

Felicia ran over to Reka and dragged him along by his arm.

"Felicia what are you doing?! We can still save him!" Reka argued.

"Listen Reka you don't understand. The man clearly has no hope left and has lost everything. The Grimm hordes are endless so even if helped him, in time we would all have been dead." Felicia replied.

As they were running away from the soldier Reka turned around one last time.

"Yes come at me you fucking hidious creatures! TAKE MY FURY!!" The soldier shouted as he was shooting at the Grimm.

Reka turned around his head looking at his friends.

Damn it!

Sometimes people are fated to die, there is nothing you can do about it, Reka.

Tsk

After running for a bit they reached an intersection.

"Which way should we go?" Kate asked.

"I have no idea, it's so dark right now." Braud responded.

All of them looked around the intersection. The road had multiple holes in it and the buildings were damaged, but not at the point that it is uninhabitable.

Suddenly screeching sounds could be heard.

"Oh no not again." Fecilia said.

"Can you let go of my arm now?" Reka asked.

"Oh sorry." She replied letting go of his arm.

"Anyways prepare yourselves!"

3 Griffons came out of the sky and stood on top of the nearby buildings.

"Darn it Griffons and 3 of them no less!" Fecilia nagged.

"How about you use your minigun?..." Braud suggested.

"It takes time to get ready, time that we don't have!" Felicia answered.

"Guys I can stop them by borrowing the power." Reka suggested.

As Reka was about to reach for the mask. Braud and Kate stopped him.

"You can't use it!" Kate shouted.

"We will find another way!" Braud added.

The 3 Griffons were now flying towards them.

"Uhhh… I guess its time to RUN!" Fecilia shouted.

All of them ran straight through multiple streets with the 3 griffons chasing after them. Occasionally the griffons would charge at them, where the rest would bow down to dodge their attacks.

This kept going until a person noticed them from an alleyway and came out calling for them.

"Hey, over here!" The guy shouted.

"Look, that person in the distance is shouting at us!" Braud stated the obvious.

All of them made it to the person just in time as a Griffon was about to reach them

The alleyway was too small and it got stuck. The other 2 Griffons were still chasing them from above.

"Quick everyone touch me!" The person instructed.

It was a young guy with light brown short spiky hair, golden eyes and pale skin. He wore a combat outfit that consisted of gray light chest piece and leather pieces of the colors white, beige and gray. A sword with a handle that looked like angel wings and was wearing a gauntlet on his right upper arm.

"What the?!" Felicia questioned.

"My semblance allows me to turn me and others along with our items invisible for Grimm and humans alike. The downside is that they can still hear us. Now do it!" The person explained and ordered.

Everyone touched the person and the 2 Griffons seemed to be confused as they circled around.

"Now let's wait a bit." The person whispered.

After 3 minutes of circling around the 2 Griffon decided to fly further in the hope to get some new victims.

"You can let go of me now."

Everyone let go of him.

"Who are you?" Felicia asked.

"Save that question for later first, follow me. I have a spot we can stay in for tonight." The person evaded the question.

Reka looked at Braud and Kate. Braud moved his shoulders, telling him to roll with it. Kate nodded to show her agreeing.

"What are you all standing around for?" The person asked.

"Oops sorry." Reka apologized.

They followed the person through numerous alleyways evading hordes of Grimm until they made it to a small supermarket in the middle of the street.

"Here it is but it's not the supermarket we are staying at. We need to enter it from the top. Keep following my lead. The person instructed.

They went behind the supermarket and stood in front of a ladder, which you can pull down. The person reeled it and climbed on top of the 2 floored building, the rest quickly followed.

As they arrived on top of the building, the person opened a rooftop door climbing down inside, the others did the same.

They entered an empty dark vacant space. The person pulled out a white scroll out of his pocket and lit up the room.

Fecilia noticed that scroll.

"Now this is the place we can stay at for tonight or maybe longer, but let me start by introducing myself. My name is Monty Noon." The person said.

"I'm Reka."

"Braud."

"Nice to meet you Monty, I'm Kate."

"Felicia."

"Likewise to all of you." Monty replied.

"Hey Monty?" Felicia asked for his attention.

"Yes."

"You are a student of Beacon too right?” Fecilia asked.

“Indeed.” Monty answered.

“Why didn’t you evacuate then?” felicia questioned.

“Time to tell you a short story then. My team didn’t participate because I was being scared at the last moment, where we returned to the academy. After a while this whole Grimm invasion happened and with the help of my semblance we managed to safely arrive at the evacuation location. We were about to enter an airship to leave Vale, but for some reason I didn’t want to go, no I couldn’t go. I told my teammates that I was going to stay and they didn’t mind, since they never liked me anyway. I was always a coward even during my combat school days, so for once I wanted to do something good in my life and return to the city, saving as many people as possible and it worked. I safely escorted multiple citizens to evacuation points. It gave me satisfaction, but it could be seen as a lousy attempt to redeem myself. I see you are wearing a Beacon uniform. Why didn’t you go?” Monty explained and asked in return.

All of them had no words for what Monty just said.

“Well, My team got into a fight with another team, a week before the tournament and were not allowed to participate. The invasion in the school was so sudden that we were unprepared for what was about to come. We fought through endless amounts of Grimm, knowing that at this rate we might never make it to the evacuation site. We managed to get outside at the end, but Grimm had us surrounded already. We called for our lockers, but only 2 came. After I didn’t want to leave my teammates behind I fought with them, until one of them threw me in the locker and sent me off as well as another friend of mine. When we both were up in the sky. My friend was intercepted by a Nevermore and fell… to her death, me being the only survivor of my team since the other 2 sacrificed themselves to save us.” Fecilia told while holding back her tears with all her might.

“I am sorry to hear that.” Monty apologised.

Fecilia went to sit against the floor.

“I miss them.” She said under her breath.

As Reka, Braud and Kate wanted to comfort her, but they thought it might be weird to do for people she just met.

Monty looked at the direction of Reka.

“Reka look at your wounds they are open! How the hell are they not bleeding?!” Monty questioned.

“Ah please don’t worry about it hahaha” Reka replied with an awkward laugh.

“And your clothes are all a mess, we need to visit a combat gear store!” Monty continued.

Monty noticed the mask of Reka being attached to the side of his waste and said:

“Are you with the white fang?” Monty asked as he drew out his sword.

“I don’t think that mask belongs to the White Fang, they look different.” Fecilia answered.

“If you say so, I will take your words for it.” Monty replied while sheathing his sword.

Braud suddenly clapped in his hands to ask everyone's attention.

The rest looked at Braud as he clearly had something to say.

“I am the planner guy, so let's go over what to do tomorrow. First get Reka stitched up, second fetch some new clothes and at least our main uhh objective yeah, surviving until the next big evacuation or somehow get spotted by someone passing by in the air. Sounds good?” Braud suggested.

Everyone nodded.

“Oh and we have these bags, one of them has water and the other one has food, so no need to raid the supermarket tonight, we can do that tomorrow. Now, can I please go to sleep? I am exhausted. Braud said in a tired voice.

“Yeah lets call it a day.” Monty added.

“Ugh, sleeping on a concrete floor this sucks.” Kate complained.

“Better than getting eaten by Grimm.” Felicia argued.

“True.” Reka commented.

Reka, Monty and Kate now also went to take a seat against the floor.

“Goodnight everyone.” Braud said.

The rest wished everyone the same and went to sleep.

Reka woke up after a while still hearing the battle in the city going on and looked outside through the front window as 3 beowolfs passed running.

Monty heard something move and woke up seeing Reka standing by the window he went up to him.

“You can’t sleep?” He whispered.

“Yeah all what happened today is a lot to take in.” Reka whispered back.

“I know that feeling all too well, let's just hope tomorrow will be a better day.” Monty replied.

“Yeah I hope so too.” Reka responded.

“I will go back to sleep, if there is anything you want to talk about I'm here for you.” Monty said.

“Thanks I appreciate it.”

With that said Monty went to sit against the wall again to sleep as Reka was still staring outside.

I hope one day I can be useful by my own effort instead of having to rely on this mask, but then again without it we would have been dead already, so I guess thank you Major.

No problem Reka! Can’t wait till I get my sweet freedom moving around in your body.

Is that all you care about?

Well, yes I always wanted to know how it is to be human.

We shall see if you will ever achieve that.

Indeed.

I am sleepy now so I will go ahead and enter the dreamworld. Goodnight Major.

Goodnight.

Reka went to sit down against the wall of the window and fell asleep.

We cut to Alpha as he was standing on top of a random building.

“Roll Call is tomorrow morning, I hope not too many of my team died during this whole disaster. After that I can move to Phase 2.” He said with a smile.

Now we move to another scene, where a person wearing a rope, walked through some of the city’s alleyways.

“I guess their plan succeeded, now all I have to do is wait at the perfect moment to strike.” A feminine voice said.

At the final scene a silhouette was watching the moon from an unknown location.

“Ah how beautiful is the moon, if I could only have seen its destruction the moment it happened.” The unknown person said.

Another silhouette came up to him.

“Time to head back to base.”

“Okay!”


And there we go to the final chapter of this volume!

Where we meet 2 new characters: Monty Noon and Felicia Vox!

Please tell me how you found this volume to be!

Bad?

Mediocre?

Or even good?

Anyways I will release an Afterwards later next week which will go more in depth and also give some info about Vol.2.

Stay tuned and until next time! 

0