The Start of an Adventure 2/2
185 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ugh my head hurts”

I got up and looked around, but to my surprise I was in a pitch black room.

“Huh did I really died”

I couldn’t see anything but darkness but there I could feel some type of wall.

“Hello!”

“Anyone there?”

No response

I walked around and inspected the walls of the room I was in, but I couldn’t find anything out of the ordinary

The wall to my left started to glow, and red numbers appeared, 0:05:32

A countdown? For what, I questioned myself.

I was worried what would happen, I mean the numbers are dark red, and it's ticking down who wouldn’t be worried!

But there was nothing I could do

As the numbers got even closer to the end I couldn’t help but fear the unknown

After a waiting for the countdown, it finally reached the last 5 seconds

 

5

 

4

 

3

 

2

 

1

 

0

 

As the clock hit zero a light covered the room, and I could feel the air drop in temperature

“What?!” I said in surprise, as I questioned what was happening.

I turned around, and a large staircase which was previously there suddenly appeared.

Likewise, I looked around more, but there was nothing, just empty space and a strange white tile floor.

After some more investigating around the staircase, I decided to start to ascend it

As I neared the top a floating island could now been seen, because of the thick fog it was previously unobservable.

After a few more minutes of walking, I reached the final steps of the stairs, and I started to  observe the island, it wasn’t made out of dirt but instead. It was made out of the strange white tile, just like the stairs, and ground below.

I reached the top and stepped onto the island, and to my surprise there were trees, but upon closer inspection they were also made out of the white tile like material.

I walked a path, the reason I consider it was one, is because it was slightly more elevated than the surroundings and no trees blocked it

After about 10 minutes walking the path it finally ended as it reached a large clearing in the forest.

In the middle of the clearing a man sat at a table with a single unoccupied chair.

He had a large muscular build I would say he was around 6’4, but he wasn’t standing, so I couldn’t tell,

He had long white hair with black tips tied back, and a large scar going from the left side of his forehead over his nose and too his right check.

I was about to call out to him, but before I could say anything he turned to me and said.

 

“You finally made it Amos, please come here and take a seat”

 

I walked over without saying a word and sat down

 

“I’m assuming you might have some questions, so feel free to ask me any”

“Um alright, uh is this the afterlife”

“Nope not exactly, there is no afterlife only reincarnation, once someone dies their soul forgets everything, and they’re reborn”

“Then why am I here?”

“7032 years ago I created you, the first soul, ever single of your 89 reincarnations, you had the same name ‘Amos’, the reason you are here now is that I need your help”

“Wait what?!, I was guessing you were already God, but why do you need my help?!”

“A world got contaminated with my energy when I first made it, the energy is now resurfacing in a form of mutation in humans called quirks.”

“So you’re saying I'm going to be reincarnated there, and I need to make peace?”

“It's not as simple as it sounds, indeed you will be reincarnated there, but peace can only be made with power, so I’ll give you a gift.’

“When I made humans I set a limit to how much they could grow, no matter what you did you would never be able to withstand a gunshot or dodge one in a normal world.”

“But worlds needed variety, some worlds I set the limits higher, some lower, and for one of them I even removed the limits”

“The world you're going to you has very high limits, so I’ll give you the gift of a limitless body, as long as you put in hard work and effort you will be able to bring peace.”

“Really, so as long as I train I’ll be able to block and dodge bullets, but why don’t you give me a powerful quirk or something instead?”

“Yes if you train hard enough both of those things are possible, but as for the request I can’t.”

“What? Why not.”

“I can’t influence it directly as it's a mutation, the quirk people get is based on the amount of energy one absorbs from me, so just you talking to me gives you a higher percentage of getting a better quirk”

“Really then let me stay here a little longer!”

“If you do you might explode when you are reborn, I was on the planet for 3 months, and it spread enough energy for 80% of people to end up with one.”

“Oh, well I think I should probably get on my way then”

“Alright you will be reincarnated in a forest near a city, I recommend training for at least 5 years, I’ll pack a hiking bag with equipment, only head to the city if you really need to as it's dangerous at night”

“Umm, so how am I supposed to get there”

“Just go through the door behind you”

“Oh, alright bye uh, what was your name”

“Its Cain, and I hope you know I have high hopes for you, make me proud!” 

Cain said with a smile

“I’ll succeed no matter what!”

I opened the door and stepped inside, I looked back to try to close it, but there was no door.

My body started to fell light, I felt light-headed as I proceeded passed out in the dark room.

 

*GASP*

 

*Huff* *HUF*

 

“What happened, why is my breathing so heavy” I said to myself in confusion and daze

But suddenly I remembered what occurred before I woke up on the forest floor

“Oh yeah” I said as a large grin appeared on my face

“This is going to be exhilarating!”

 

(A/N)

 

It took a bit longer to “revise” and “correct spelling errors” but I actually had to rewrite the entirety of the chapter so sorry for it taking so long.

 

But like always thanks for reading, you can expect chapters to be released, daily/every other day, still haven’t found a good schedule yet.

If you would like to chat with the community, and most importantly know when new chapters go live then join the discord server!

 

The Discord!

 

Alright I'm going to go to bed now, goodnight

 

4