V1:Chapter 1 The Start
124 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(A/N) I wanted to thank everyone who read the prologue, it really means the world to me when people enjoy my story telling, thank you all and enjoy the chapter!

 

 

After laying down on the forest floor for a bit longer, I finally got up and brushed the dirt off me

The backpack Cain supposed to give me was hanging on a low tree branch.

After trying for a while I successfully grabbed it off the branch, thanks to my new vessel I seem to be shorter and younger, but my physique looked a lot better.

I open the bag, and it seemed lots more spacious inside than a normal bag, but it was just as heavy as a fully packed one would be.

There were a lot of items, so I’ll list them off

 

Variety of hard cover books (Basics of survival) (Hand-to-hand combat guide) (Martial Arts Foundation) (???)

For the title of that last book the title was removed, and any mentions of the name in the book was scribbled out, it seems to be a type of martial arts.

Food including, freeze-dried fruit, jerky, variety of MRE’s, 5 pounds (2.27 kg) of rice, 10 gallons of fresh water.

120-Piece First Aid Kit, it included vitamin and protein supplements.

3-Person Dome Tent and instructions

Cellphone

Even in the forest it gets connection fine somehow

A good-sized sharp hatchet

Telescopic fishing rod

Sleeping bag

Cooking Supplies pocket knife, Camping stove + Fuel, Mess kit

Paper Towels

Hygiene Supplies, Soap, Wash cloth, toothpaste, Etc.

A second pair of clothes, and a raincoat.

A map of the surrounding land, compass, Radio.

About one thousand dollars in yen, this will be handy when I run out of supplies

A simple wristwatch

And a porn mag.

I don’t know why the last item was included, but it's the thought that counts right?

 

I decided to make the camp where I first woke up at because, even though the bag didn’t look that full, it was extremely heavy, so I had to either

 

  1. Take out all the items, and move them in trips to a different campsite

 

  1. Not do that.

 

I chose option B, it's nearing sunset and the option required less effort.

I never assembled a tent before, so I was thankful for the instructions.

After an hour of (f̶a̶i̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶i̶s̶e̶r̶a̶b̶l̶y̶) hard work I succeeded.

I hid my food up in a tree a little ways from my campsite, so wild animals don’t steal it.

I began setting up the radio in my tent to hopefully be able to listen to music while I train, but I only got static.

In my confusion I started to unfold the map Cain gave me and to my surprise, I was in the very middle of the forest, now I'm more confused on why my phone has a signal.

While I was trying to figure out the fastest route to the city my phone started to ring

*Bzzzzt* *Bzzzt*

“Uh hello, is this Cain?”

“Yes hello!, now that you have your new body, I wanted to give you a run down of it, it's such a masterpiece isn't it!”

“Uh, but do these features have something to do with me looking like you?”

“Kind of, the body type is the same, but the hair was just chance.”

 “Ok, but what were these features you were talking about”

“Oh yeah almost forgot about those, because of the stronger vessel you have gained, you will experience faster regeneration speed, I think is 20x the normal rate!”

“Huh Really!, isn’t that really overpowered?”

“Nope not at all, because of your faster regeneration, the body uses up resources much faster, so it can probably only regenerate one large wound before your body feels like its starving.”

“Oh yeah this brings me to my second point, your mental grasp of the basics of combat and survival will be a lot easier to learn, increasing your endurance strength and speed will be a lot easier to.”

“You're making me sound like I'm cheating now….”

“Remember the only reason I gave you a strong vessel was because I was worried that you Wouldn’t get a good quirk, there are a few people that have hundreds of times stronger strength than you out there, so don’t get cocky, and stay careful, that's all I wanted to say, I’ll talk to you again soon!”

*brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr* (Dial Tone SFX)

“He hung up……”

Well I guess he isn’t wrong I still have no idea what I'm dealing with, but I’ll start training in the morning”

 

*9 Hours later*

“Ehhhhh, morning already?”

“I guess it's time to start my training”

I looked at my plan I made the previous night before I went to sleep, and started on my exercises.

My schedule contained a 10-mile run (16 KM), 10-minute plank, 150 push-ups, sit-ups, squats, I managed to get halfway through my set of pull-ups but the branch I was using broke.

Surprising after this I have barely broken a sweat, so I decided to do train hand-to-hand combat, and read the rest of the books.

This was my routine for the next few weeks, even if it was boring, I was getting pumped up every rep, maybe I could have found more happiness doing this in my last life, but it's too late to think about that now!.

 

*3 months later*

 

I have found ways to take care of other needs such as waste disposal, hygiene, and food. A 10-mile run was too short for training, so I made my run all the way to the city and back to buy supplies.

I haven’t been contacted by Cain since when I first arrived, but I should be fine.

My training has really paid off, in the last 3 months of training, I’ve almost mastered the foundations of martial arts and hand-to-hand combat, but the last martial arts book is still to advance for me to learn.

I’ve kept increasing my exercises every day since the first day, it is honestly quite scary how fast my body adapts, and builds strength and endurance in such a short amoun--.

*Bzzzt* *Bzzzt*

Huh, my phone? Finally!

 

--

 

(A/N)

 

Sorry for not releasing a chapter yesterday, I got half way done with it, but I was so tired, so I’ll try to release one more today for you guys!.

 

If you would like to chat with the community, and most importantly know when new chapters go live then join the discord server!

 

The Discord!

--

4