V1: Chapter 2 The Others. 2/2
74 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(A/N: I had a big headache, so chapter was late, sorry)

 

In a small open room music was playing, an older gentleman was chopping up vegetables to add to a stew.

He quietly continued making food while whistling to the tune of the music.

The door leading to this room was quickly opened and a purple haired youth walked in, his green hoodie and blue jeans stained with blood.

The old man stopped cutting vegetables and look toward the person, he looked with a blank face.

“So since you came back earlier than expected I'm guessing you failed.” The older looking man said with a blank tone.

“I didn't fail, it may not sound like it but, pick pocketing a pro hero and taking their phone and figuring out the pin is harder than it sounds.” the purple haired youth said in sarcasm

“That doesn’t exactly explain the blood” the old man said blankly

“Well, I didn’t kill anyone, or give them permanent scars, oh, and I also didn’t make them a paraplegic, now I think about it, you guys give me a lot of rules.” The purple haired youth said in a somewhat proud tone.

“You know that it will badly affect are public relations, we want people to see us as a vigilante group not a villain group.” the old man said then continued with his cooking.

“Why send me to do this, I mean couldn’t Mimic do it.” the purple haired youth said in a bitter tone

“He’s on a more important mission right now, meanwhile you were just sitting around doing nothing like always.” the old man spoke in an angry tone

“Jeez, alright I get the message.” said the purple haired youth as he laid down on the sofa

“So did you find any testing site locations.”  the old man said in a curious tone

“Yeah all three of them, but why does the villain alliance thingy want anything to do with that stupid high school?” said the youth eating chips

“It seems they have a grudge on All Might, and he will be teaching there.” said the old man as he heated up a frying pan.

“Pfft, are they stupid? I mean he is getting old, but just because he is getting weaker doesn’t make them stronger.” the youth boasted.

“You shouldn’t underestimate them, they’re giving us a pretty hard time.”  in a bland tone

“I know that lesson better than anyone else… anyways any news from Cain?” he said in a sad tone

“Yes, two new members will be joining us, the first one name is Jules, and the others name is Amos.” the old said while adding butter to the pan.

“Huh, we’re finally starting to look like a team, so anyways what mission is mimic doing right now?” he curiously asked.

“He is currently breaking out one of the new members out of prison.” the old man said nonchalantly.

“Cool.” said the youth no realizing.

“Wait what?! Please explain.” he said as the thoughts finally processed for him.

“Jules used to be a very strong vigilante, but he was branded as an S Rank Villain, and put into Tartarus” the old man said calmly.

“You really have faith he will be able to get him out alive?” said the youth in a worried tone.

“Yes, I'm utmost sure he won't fail.” the old man exclaimed in confidence.

“Alright, if you think so gramps, anyways who is the other member?” the youth asked in curiously again.

“His name is Amos, And I have no information on him, I looked through public records, but there was nothing on him.” said the old man while he finished up frying meat.

“Scary sounding, haha, anyways is the food almost done?” said the youth questioning the old man.

“A few more minutes, but you're not going to get any until you clean up all your trash up.” the old man said with a slightly angry tone.

“Fine.” the youth exclaimed and slowly started to clean up.

 

--

 

I looked down at the silver briefcase

“I finally got it down, I think I need a breather” I sighed out in relief

Alright time to open it. I said to myself.

*Click* *Click*

Inside were two envelopes, and a panel blocking my view from the other contents.

I decided to read the letters first as there would probably be instructions, the first one explained the directions for a drug named ‘Star’ which apparently can awaken my quirk.

But it has a 9% chance of killing me, and it will most likely make my quirk weaker than the one I would originally get if I just waited.

I guess I have no choice though and have to take it, but I have to trust in this new body of mine.

And the other letter was written by Cain himself

 

‘Dear Amos, inside the case contains items which will lead you to success, one of those items is quite dangerous, so I suggest you read the other envelope too, inside I have packaged your costume, money, and fake documents, this will help you blend in more to society, I suggest you take the money and buy new clothes, and maybe find a place to stay for a couple of days, I have also been contacted and the meeting with take place on 12th at 3’o clock at #### # ### ##, until next time.’

  • Cain D. Hedia

 

After reading the letter I started planning, first I would take the “Star” drug and got to bed, then I would then learn about my quirk when I wake up, if I wasn’t dead, then pack up and head to the city and find a hotel, sleep for the night then go to the meeting.

A pulled off the piece of foam which was blocking my view of the equipment a jester mask sat on top of folded clothing and next to it a single pill cyan pill

 

(Mask Illustration)

https://imgur.com/a/pK0MLhe

 

I removed the clothing and the pill out of the case to get a better look at the clothes.

Cain, included a red long sleeve shirt, red pants, and I think a Kevlar vest, also black boots.

I don’t know what the shirt and pants were made out of, but its quite durable and soft, the mask will help hide my identity kind of, but I don’t think many people will mistake my hair.

But I have to consider that in the future, first lets take the drug.

I swallowed the pill, and downed water afterwards,

“Ew, It tastes like shit.”

I stood and started walking towards my tent but halfway there I started to feel light-headed, so I walk quickly turned into a sprint, but I made it inside just in time before I started to blacked out.

Right before I blacked out, I remembered when I first walked through that door that lead me here, good old times.

--

Bam there's the other half, in total about 1.7k words, + chapter giving character descriptions and info plus some trivia.

But that leads to the main question. Do you want to see the chapter updated by volume or chapter?

Chapter 1 + 1.1 will be fixed tomorrow, it already really late.

Fixes and grammar will be corrected tomorrow, comment if you find any fucked up sentences.

--

 

Do you want to see the descriptions updated every chapter or volume?
  • Chapter Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Volume Votes: 4 100.0%
Total voters: 4
2