The Transfer Student is Blunt
649 11 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I plan to rewrite this one in the future. So please forgive me for this one as it might show to be vague.

In the 2nd semester of school, our class had unexpectedly got a new transfer student. She was what people would call a cool beauty type. Long silky black hair, slant cat-like eyes, and a fit slender body. 

Upon getting introduced on her first day of school, almost all the boys in class rejoiced about a beautiful girl transferring in our class.

“...My name is Arikawa Mikazuki...Nice to meet you all, I hope to get along with you for this year.”

This moment excited the whole boys of the class knowing that there is a new beauty they would want to get close with, although I’m a different case. I see no point in trying to get close with anyone just because they’re so handsome or beautiful.

Though to be honest I was a bit interested too, but I shake off the feelings as I know that I wouldn’t even have any chance.

“Then Arikawa-san, please take the seat beside Ueno over there.” Hearing what the teacher said made me look back at the new transfer student. Upon realizing that she was designated to be seated next to me made all the guys in the room look at me with bloodshot eyes.

This is her first day here and I’m already being targeted with contempt when she is seated next to me. I wish they could cut me some slack as I have no intention of getting close with their new Goddess. 

“...” 

“Why do I feel like I’m being watched by my new seatmate…?” I thought to myself as I started to sweat out cold on my back. 

*Jii~~*

Her stare became more obvious when I looked at her sideways. Not knowing why I was being watched, I endured a very awkward morning period of my life. When lunch came, I ran away as fast as I could to the only place that was not used by many students in the school. In the very left side of the second floor lies the abandoned rooms, there I can find a secluded room where the widows are facing the backside of the schoolyard that is popular for a confession meeting.

I’ve been here so many times that I lost count of how many confessions I have witnessed throughout my first and second year of highschool. In this place I’ve seen harsh, funny and many kinds of confession that happened at the back of the schoolyard.

*murmurs* 

From here I could hear a murmur from a distance, looking down I saw two figures at the backside of the school. When looking closer, I identified who the two were. The guy talking seems to be my classmate who is very popular with the opposite sex, Takahashi Kenji. Assuming the situation he is in, he has obviously been invited by a new girl to be confessed on as I saw him dozens of times getting called at the backside of the school.

Opening the window silently, I focused on my hearing to see how the confession carry on.

“Arikawa-san, I have fallen in love with you at first sight. Please go out with me!”

“EH!?” I exclaimed in my mind as I couldn’t believe what just happened.

It seems I was wrong on my assumptions. This time, Takahashi was the one who confessed and to Arikawa-san, the transfer student to boot.

When I looked at her waiting for how she would reply to his confession, I saw that her face was calm and not showing any reactions to them.

“...Sorry, I can’t go out with you as I don’t know who you really are and this is the first time I met you.”

What came was a blunt response. 

“O-Oh, then maybe we could start out as friends first…?”

“I gotta say, I admire this guy's tenacity as he tries to make his confession work with Arikawa-san.” 

“I’m afraid I can’t. Please don’t talk to me again.”

However, Arikawa-san remained indifferent and started to ignore Takahashi as she left the place. Looking again at Takahashi, I only saw that his face was blank. Poor guy couldn’t understand why he was rejected by Arikawa-san.

Closing the window, I couldn’t help but laugh as I find it ironic that even a popular guy like Takahashi can be rejected by a girl. My lunch break went on in a good mood as I saw something interesting for the first time in a while.

.

.

.

.

.

.

With classes over, I can finally bask in the joy of going home. Usually I would hate to be at school, but sometimes it’s worthwhile as I see some rather interesting things like what happened at lunch break.

“...Hey, You are Ueno Takuma right?” 

While being deep in my thoughts, Arikawa-san had started to ask me a question.

“Yes...that’s right.” I answered so.

“I’m glad…” Her voice is low, close to muttering but still hearable.

“Eh? Glad? Glad with what?” I asked dumbfoundedly.

“It’s been a while, Takkun. Do you still remember me?” Arikawa-san said, making me befuddled as she said something I couldn’t make sense of.

We met before? But I don’t remember knowing Arikawa-san in the past.

“...Takkun? I’m sorry but did we really meet before? I don’t remember ever knowing Arikawa-san before now.” I said to her, her face still blank with no facial reactions but as I looked at her eyes the light in them seemed to have darkened.

“Well of course, you wouldn’t be able to remember. It was a long time ago…” She muttered audible enough for me to hear.

“...It’s me, Takkun. I’m Mika-chan, you used to call me that but I guess you already forgot about it.” She now said out loud, her expression still unchanged but I can see in her eyes. The light in her eyes conveyed that she is clearly upset and sad. 

“...Mika-chan?...I’m sorry, I don’t really remember much from my childhood...How to say this...they’re somewhat vague for me to remember...I apologize for upsetting you…” I said to her, feeling guilty for forgetting about something important.

“...” However, what replied to me at that moment was just silence. Looking at her again, I saw her eyes showing a glint of surprise.

“You...Takkun, you can still tell…” She said to me, her voice somewhat dumbfounded.

“What?” 

“You can still tell what I feel even though I don’t show it on my face.” She continued, surprised at the fact I can tell how she feels.

“...I’m glad...It’s still the same Takkun.” A smol smile appeared on her face. 

“I’ve decided...even if you don’t remember everything from back then. Prepare yourself, Takkun, I won’t let you just forget about our promise.” She declared, her eyes showing a glint of determination.

16