Chapter 4: Night Breeze and Big Sis
759 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Already dark outside and I'm still here in a cafe with Marika Kurisu.
 
I'm still thinking of how would I approach this situation and what would be my decision. Should I accept and share the burden with her or refuse and leave her alone.
 
But if I refuse here I would lose the opportunity to help her, I'd be just a kid and what can I do to a high-class family situation and tradition?
 
Basically nothing, it's wishful thinking that they would listen or consider me.
 
If I accept her request I'll have the capability to talk to her mom and her mom would have a reason to persuade her father and this holds potential.
 
I haven't talked to her mom personally but I think she's a good person who cares a lot for her daughter. I somehow will need to talk to her mom soon if I will accept to be her fake boyfriend.
 
However, am I prepared for all this? While I'm thinking all this stuff in my head she spoke.
 
"You don't have to give me your answer right now Asamura-kun. I can wait and it shouldn't have to be now." she took a breath, lower her head, and continued.
 
"I'm sorry for putting you through this Asamura-kun. You can refuse what I asked you. I know it's too much trouble and unfair for you so you can decline. I already feel the guilt just from this." she said sincerely.
 
This whole situation is indeed unfair to me. Even though our families both knew each other, it doesn't mean I'll need to get myself involve with her.
 
Most of all my high school life would be tough too. With all the jealousy and other stuff around me.
 
"Just give me a bit of time to think. I'll give you an answer soon." I replied calmly.
 
"Thank you Asamura-kun. Also, I don't think that there would that much trouble in our school simply for the reason you're good-looking.  Soon they will start to see your good points too and looks like some of them already noticed." she responded with a smile.
 
"Huh? what do you mean?" I've asked her?
 
"Really, you didn't notice? Some of our female classmates have been stealing glances at you since we entered the classroom. You were cool too when we were talking with Kanba-kun." she answered.
 
"You think you can get the girls to accept our relationship and stop the boys from going against it just because I have the looks? I don't think it would be that easy." I retorted.
 
"I can get the girls' favor. You don't have to worry. Just who do you think I am?". Such confidence comes from her.
 
How clever. Getting the girls' favor is one thing.
 
Especially the boys wouldn't be able to do anything if she will announce our relationship(fake) formally to the entire school.
 
She precisely thinks through this huh, as expected from a talented beauty. And for Kanba, I'm collected enough to not get flustered all over in that kind of situation.
 
"Asamura-kun, frankly you're a bit colder than I thought. Your responses are cold and collective. For me, that's impressive. Furthermore, from what I've noticed you're the type of person who's not good at socializing, I guess." she said 
 
"Well, indeed, I don't socialize with just any person but that was wrong. I can socialize if I needed to neither I'm bad at it." I replied
 
"Then what about me Asamura-kun?" she asked with a face of curiosity.
 
"We knew each other so it would rude to decline your offer to eat lunch with you, right? " I continued.
 
"Tell me, you set me up, right? from this after-school cafe date." I asked in a serious tone.
 
"Eh? Could you be more specific Asamura-kun?" she asked me.
 
"At the second period of class, you approached the teacher to ask something. From there you heard them talking about the class gathering after school. It was obvious that they would ask you to come since you're the talented beauty of our class, everyone would be delighted to have you but the question was you don't know who among our classmates will invite you to come. That explains why you were waiting after class for that certain person to approach you. You were listless waiting for him after class right?" I put everything I could think of.
 
"That's a yes and how impressive Asamura-kun. But how did you figure that out?"
 
She's giving me serious and curious looks like a cat that just got out of the box after a long time, being curious about the world that opens up in front of her.
 
"You weren't talking to me after class too. I almost thought that you weren't serious and just messing with me until Kanba approached us. Do you really have to do that?" I explained and sighed after.
 
"Pfft!" she burst into laughter and after a brief moment, she started talking again.
 
"You're are a smart guy Asamura-kun. I'm impressed. To think you would have figured that out. And yeah I needed to do that to show everyone how close we are and refusing Kanba's invitation was a bit harsh but it was necessary. I'm not that good of a person if you think I am Asamura-kun, " she replied with a smile.
 
I could tell that this rich lady in front of me isn't an easy one.
 
I'm amazed at how much she could think of all this. I feel sorry for Kanba for what she did. I need to be warier of my surroundings when I'm with her.
 
We talked for a few hours and I'm not sure if I could still catch the last train but we left the cafe now.
 
The breeze seems to be a lot colder at night. When it touches my skin it gave me chills.
 
I'm heading to the train station with Marika Kurisu. She's being quiet and seems to be enjoying this night walk.
 
As we getting closer to the train station a luxurious black car stopped near us. I think it's here to pick up Marika Kurisu.
 
A butler went out of the car and approached Marika
 
"Thank you for today Asamura-kun. I'm truly delighted to be with you. Thank you for listening too. Please take care." she said while making a bow.
 
"Thank you for today too Marika-san. You too take care." I replied.
 
"Marika-sama we need to go now." the butler said to Marika.
 
Marika gave a nod and got in the car. The car has tinted black windows so you wouldn't be able to see what's inside.
 
The car left and I started making my way to the train station.
 
I took the last train and arrived home a bit late. I already sent a text to my big sis earlier before we left the school that I'll be going home late.
 
I opened the door with my spare key. We have a policy of always closing the door for safety reasons. We have spare keys for each other anyways.
 
When I entered lights are on and I found my sis lying on the sofa in the living room playing with her phone. There's food on the table too so looks like she bought my portion again since she didn't ask me to buy anything.
 
Asamura Kei is my big sister's name. I don't know how I should ask my big sis about Marika Kurisu or if I need to tell my big sis about her.
 
Instead, I'm dying to know everything she told Marika. We don't talk that much regardless of each other's life. Well, it wouldn't hurt if I ask a bit.
 
"Big sis about Marika Kurisu. She's studying at the same high school as I am." I bet big sis was the one who told Marika where I'd enroll for high school.
 
"Oh, lucky you then. Isn't she a beauty?" She's making a teasing smile. What's with you?
 
"Yea she is. So you've been in contact with her?" You won't get me with that you know big sis.
 
"Heh admitting she's a beauty straightforwardly, is she your type Aki? And yee I've been in contact with her since our last family meeting last 6 months ago."
 
I knew it. She has been telling Kurisu about me secretly without my consent. This idiot big sis of mine. She pisses me off. I guess I'll confront her.
 
"So you've been telling her about me without my permission big sis?" I raised my voice a bit.
 
"Don't be too mad over it. I got some of her stuff too. You wanna know right? And looks like she's into you."
 
She's scary! At least keep it a secret God damnit!
 
"How do you expect me to not get mad over you leaking my stuff?" I sighed.
 
"I told you right I'll show you anything you wanna know about her too. For example her cup size and three sizes."
 
Heeey! Please tell me! I would like to say I'm not interested but knowing stuff about the most beautiful student in my high school is a perk nobody could put their hands on.
 
Even though the price was my privacy, rather because of that I deserve to know it.
 
Just how much you know about her? I never thought you were the kind of big sis that's willing to sell his little brother's privacy for a beautiful girl's cup size and three sizes.
 
"Ugh, you can tell me about that later." damn it.
 
"You were on a date with her right? How did it go?" she asked. She wanna tease me again huh.
 
"I'm not surprised you know that. It's nothing special. Not like something you'd expect." I gave a cold response.
 
I don't know if my big sis is aware of Kurisu's situation or not but I shouldn't speak of it even to her.
 
"Tch, you're no fun." looking displeased she whispered that.
 
Sorry to disappoint you but I feel like I won over her this time.
 
"Been a while since we had this kind of conversation, right big sis?"
 
"What's with you suddenly becoming emotional but yeah you're right."
 
I don't know how to explain but this is kind of fun. It looks like the distance between us suddenly shrunk. But she still annoys me.
 
"I'll take a bath and eat. Thanks for buying dinner big sis."
 
"Yeah, I bought steamed buns too. If you like you can get some."
 
How sweet of you big sis. Not like you at all! She continues to laze around and plays with her phone.
 
What a day, I'm gonna take my bath time. I need to relieve all the stress I've got for today. 
25