Chapter 5: Class Representative and Resolve
710 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Karakura High School. A prestigious school with a history of producing promising students. A school for the riches and only those who could afford it. The school itself is pretty wide with a lot of different facilities students can use.
 
The school has a unique system of providing students with equipment for different clubs. And if a certain club produces results like winning a competition or achieving something, they will be supported even more and prioritized including a budget raised.
 
A unique feature you wouldn't see in any High schools around Japan. Well, I guess being called a prestigious school, they have the budget for that. Raising the school's reputation is what they're after anyway.
 
I'm walking close to the school entrance and lots of students passing through the gate too. From their looks and style, you could guess that some of them came from rich families.
 
I continued walking till I reached my classroom and I can see some students peeking inside. Just what is happening?
 
Upon getting close to the classroom I could feel their stares at me. Maybe this is all about what happened yesterday.
 
I opened the door and see Marika Kurisu, sitting in her seat with girls circling her. They're all happily chatting.
 
I entered the classroom then they stopped chatting. Marika notices me and looked in my direction. She then greeted me.
 
"Good morning Asamura-kun."
 
"Good morning Marika-san." I greeted back. She then.
 
"Thank you for yesterday. It was fun." She said.
 
Hey, why do you have to say that now? Aren't you taking this too far? I haven't even given you my answer yet you know and don't make it look like I'll definitely give you a yes. Ugh, I gotta give a reply.
 
"Ye-yeah, that was fun." I was stuttering as I talk.
 
She's persistently trying to spread about us. Then one girl who's around her threw a bomb.
 
"Erm. So are you two dating now? "
 
She did ask if we're dating. Looks like she said that loud enough for everybody close to hear.
 
I think her name is Takanashi Rui. I remember her from the introduction yesterday and her red hair which is her unique feature stands out.
 
Wait isn't this a chance? I can clear up this misunderstanding. Before I give Marika my answer which I'm quite unsure yet. I gotta answer first.
 
"We aren't dating," I said it! Now, what are you going to do Marika Kurisu?
 
"Uh erm. We aren't dating yet but we know we're getting closer to that."
 
"Kyaaaaaah! " wha-! A girl started screaming and others followed. What the heck did you say.
 
She then made an embarrassed face. Then turned to look at me with a smile telling me you're not getting away Asamura-kun. This bitch!
 
Then they started whispering stuff like Asamura-kun is good-looking though. Most of all he's cool, and He keeps his composure even when talking to a beautiful girl like Marika-san. He looks reliable too.
 
How could you tell I'm a reliable person? Am I giving off that kind of vibe?
 
This will spread like wildfire. Not like I could do something to stop it now. In just a day I became the center of attention for the whole class. This is not good my mental health is at risk.
 
I don't plan on getting involved with this beautiful girl but honestly, I couldn't turn her down. Something inside me is telling me to help her. And I wanna do too. I'll give her my answer soon.
 
Then Tachibana-sensei entered the class and homeroom started.
 
" Let's start with voting our new class representative. Normally I'd just pick two who the class would vote but I want them to be not a part of any club. If you're all aware clubs are important for the school and they don't allow them to have any roles because it might be a hindrance for them. So, is there two-person here who are willing to be class representative and ain't planning to join a club? Being a class representative ain't a heavy responsibility though. Karakura High doesn't force students to join a club by the way. As long as they keep their grades good. "
 
There's a strict rule for club members to be not a part of any school activities, especially those competitive clubs like sports clubs. No matter how talented you are if you join a club you'll be tied to it. 
 
And sensei even if you say that it's not a heavy responsibility, I doubt my classmates want that responsibility though.
 
I'm not willing to join a club since I don't have any idea which club to join and it's going to be bothersome. I don't have any talent in particular also and I have a big problem to deal with in front of me.
 
"Sensei, I wanna volunteer to be the class representative for the boys. Since I don't plan on joining any clubs."
 
I don't have any particular things to do. I don't have work since this school doesn't allow students to work part-time.
 
They want students to focus on clubs and studies. Since I have good grades and don't have to work I'll get too bored.
 
Doing extra activities as a class representative wouldn't hurt. Most of all, I get to work with the beautiful and sexy Tachibana-sensei so it's not that bad.
 
Looks like Marika Kurisu caught up to that and stared at me.
 
Is she being suspicious of me? That despite having this weird and conditional relationship with her I'm looking at another woman. Either way, I don't care though.
 
"Tachibana-sensei I wanna volunteer as the class representative for the girls too." She said it.
 
Then she looked at me with eyes saying she ruined my plans. You won't give up you bitch.
 
"Then Asamura Aki-kun and Marika Kurisu-san will be our two class representatives. Please head to the teacher's facility this lunch to fetch print-ins for the class. I'm looking forward to working with you two."
 
Tachibana-sensei then continues homeroom and other subject teachers followed.
 
Lunch break is getting close, Marika looked my way, and looks like she's mumbling something. I noticed it and glanced at her then she whispered.
 
"Hey, let's have lunch together, we need to go early cos the canteen would be packed with students plus we need to go to the teacher's facility later after lunch. We couldn't afford to be late."
 
She's right. Right after the bell rang to signal lunch break, students would storm the canteen to buy their lunch.
 
I'm not surprised anymore that she will invite me to have lunch, rather it would be weird if she won't invite me after all that she did to show our relationship to the entire class and the entire school soon.
 
So I gave a nod not to bother the teacher teaching in front.
 
Lunch break came. We both stand up and left the classroom.
 
Everybody was just watching us leave the classroom like it was a natural thing. Everyone is giving us stares of amazement from the girls and I can feel the deadly stares of jealousy from the boys.
 
Then as expected. There are already a lot of students are getting in line to buy lunch so we hurried to get in line too.
 
It didn't take us long to buy lunch. I forgot to tell you but the food in the school canteen is quite good. Always a complete set of meals with a high price tag.
 
Marika Kurisu is the only student I see to eat less. She bought a vegetable salad and her favorite pudding. I bought exclusive-looking ramen and shrimp tempura set. Then we look for an empty seat to eat.
 
"Do you have to eat that less for lunch?" I'm too curious I couldn't resist asking.
 
"Ara~ are you concerned about my diet Asamura-kun?"
 
Are you teasing me?
 
"Just answer. A normal person wouldn't eat that less for lunch." I retorted.
 
"Technically speaking yeah but I'm eating breakfast at home Asamura-kun. So I need to control my meal for lunch. Well, I eat more for dinner. I have to keep watch of my diet too. Honestly, all the food here is so luxurious looking and very tempting but I still need to hold back." She explained.
 
I see that makes sense. To keep your figure you need to learn how to resist such temptation to eat. She's going through a lot.
 
"Marika-san are you free after school?"
 
"Yeah, why?"
 
"Let's talk. I'll give you my answer." I said frankly.
 
She suddenly looks flustered and embarrassed.
 
Hey, why would you give me that kind of face? I'll start getting embarrassed looking at you too!
 
" Ye-yeah sure." She's stuttering.
 
With just that it's decided. We'll have another date after-school.
 
We finished eating fast then got and headed to the teachers' facility to fetch the print-ins for the class.
 
She was quiet the whole time probably worried about what answer I'm gonna give her. Well, I can't blame her.
 
We've reached the teachers' facility and opened that door. Tachibana-sensei noticed us and raised her hand waving.
 
She's stationed at the furthest left side of the room. We got in and approach sensei. She's looking good as usual. Such a beauty to behold.
 
"Here are the print-ins, I'm sorry for making both of you come this all this way to fetch this. Uh- what's the problem Marika-san? Your face is a bit red?" Sensei was wondering what happened. She then looks at me and asked.
 
"Asamura-kun did you do something to Marika-san?" She asked with suspicious eyes.
 
"Ugh, I didn't sensei". I answered. Hey, help me, Marika!
 
"She didn't sensei. It was just a bit too hot outside. I'm not good with it."
 
Thanks for explaining. That saved me.
 
"Marika-san the infirmary is open and the school nurse is there. You should take a rest. Asamura-kun could you come with Marika-san first to the infirmary and go back to fetch the print-ins?" Now even sensei is worried.
 
"I will sensei. Sorry for the trouble."
 
"Take care"
 
I left the teacher's facility with Marika.
 
While walking I asked her.
 
"Are you worried about what answer ill give you later?" I asked directly. I don't have the time to waste anyway. Lunch break is about to end.
 
"I don't know. I'm sorry for all the trouble." She said with a low voice that's almost dying. Seeing her in this fragile state like this would anyone to protect her at all costs.
 
"You don't have to worry. We can talk about that later."
 
We reached the infirmary and luckily the school nurse is there. I went back to the teachers' facility to get the print-ins and headed to the classroom for 2nd half of class.
 
I'll give Marika Kurisu my answer later. Well, I won't disappoint her.
26