Chapter 8: Ice Cream Date
535 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
A month has passed but Marika Kurisu hasn't told me when we're gonna meet her mother. She's not talking about it too.
 
Did she even ask her mother yet? I don't think she's the type to be shy around her mom considering she's the only one who understands her situation in her family.
 
Maybe her mom is too busy to fit a meeting schedule with me. I don't think she's hiding it too. I can't bring myself to ask too. I don't wanna give her pressure by asking and ruin her mood. Guess I could only wait.
 
I'm always with Marika Kurisu at school too. We would walk together when we accidentally meet at the school gate in the morning.
 
We eat lunch together and even go home, walk together till the train station too. It's like we're an official couple.
 
Everyone we passed through will only give us warm smiles and a look of interest. I'd admit that it's fun and I'm getting used to it.
 
Nobody bothered to mess or ask her around too. Even at school, all the boys would just give us stares of jealousy but not like I care anyways.
 
Last period of the 2nd half of class. A male teacher in front teaching Modern Japanese.
 
I'm not good with this, back in middle school I'd had to review all my lessons for the final exam. Memorizing all the characters are too hard and giving me a headache.
 
So even though it's a boring class, I'm earnestly listening to lectures. I guess I'll buy a cool drink after class to freshen myself.
 
Marika is looking at me, I wonder why. Should I ask her?
 
She tore a small piece of paper from her scratch and wrote something. She folded it and gave the paper to me asking me to read it.
 
I accepted the small piece of folded paper and opened it.
 
You are listening and yet you looked too tired. Are you bad at Modern Japanese?
 
She noticed huh. Am I really showing that kind of face? I wrote my reply, folded the paper, and handed it over to her.
 
Yeah, you could tell? I'm really bad at this subject so I need to focus but it's killing me!
 
She started writing something again too. I received the folded paper from her and read it.
 
I'm honestly bad at this too. And yet we got this boring male teacher to teach us. Is this a joke? Lol. I can't even follow him at all.
 
Pfft! She said it. She's smiling a bit and before I noticed I'm doing the same. Then I wrote my reply.
 
Would you like to take a detour later? I think we need something to freshen ourselves. Since we don't have any class representative duty as of late.
 
I returned the folded paper to her and read it. She looked at me and gave a nod. She agreed then.
 
I then received the piece of paper from her and read it.
 
Yeah sure! Where should we go then? I'll inform my butler later that I'll be going home late.
 
She's right. Where should we go? Hmm I don't have any good place in mind. Somewhere nearby would be good. So I guess I'll ask her.
 
I wrote again and returned the paper to her.
 
She received and read it.
 
Do you have any place in mind? I'm not too familiar around here so I don't have any idea where to go.
 
She put her right hand's fingers to her chin and started thinking. Then she blinked and smiled.
 
Looks like she thought of a good place. She wrote again and handed the paper to me.
 
There's an ice cream shop 10 minutes away from school. We can walk from here. It says their ice cream is good based on reviews online. How about it?  We need something cool right?
 
Yeah, an ice cream shop would be great. Since it's getting hot now in the past few days. We can go eat something cold. So turn my gaze to her and nod.
 
I just noticed but some of our classmates are looking strange at us. Their eyes saying stop flirting in front of us!
 
So I put the paper inside my notebook and ignored them. Let me tell you guys we aren't flirting at all.
 
Then Marika looking curious about my actions turned to look around. She noticed them looking at us then she put her head down. Why are you looking embarrassed now Oi!
 
The bell rang and class ended. All of my classmates including me took a sigh of relief.
 
Damn, that two hours of Modern Japanese class feels like an eternity.
 
I peek around Marika and look like she's ready to go so we stand up, picked up our bags, and leave the classroom together.
 
We left the school grounds and headed to the ice cream shop she recommended to me.
 
The wind still feels hot and just walking is making us sweat a bit. I'm not good at hot weather, I prefer winter over summer. But Marika looks fine so I endured it.
 
After 10 minutes of walk, we reached the ice cream shop then we entered.
 
The place is wide with tables and chairs around. The walls are made of glass so you can look around while eating.
 
The aircon inside feels like heaven to me. The counter has a long line of different delicacies like candies, chocolates, and a signboard written a variety of flavors of ice cream we could choose from.
 
Marika and I went to the counter. We looked at the menu board, after a minute she spoke to me.
 
"I'll choose the sweet melon flavor. What about you Asamura-kun?"
 
Hmm, there are several flavors I'd like to try but guess I'll go with almond fudge for now.
 
"I'd choose the almond fudge."
 
The female staff at the counter heard us and confirmed our orders.
 
Then told us to find a seat and wait for our orders. That staff was giving us warm smiles too thinking we're a couple.
 
We went through the furthest seat of the cafe.
 
"Asamura-kun, I heard from a teacher that we'll be having a swimming class soon. A pool is available it seems." She looked down again and seems to be against the idea.
 
She seems the type to not show her body to anyone.
 
"You don't like it?" I asked.
 
"Not that I don't like but-" she looked a breath and spoke again.
 
"I don't like the idea of showing my body to everyone."
 
She said it while looking embarrassed which is very cute. She's the conscious type I see.
 
She'll definitely get those stares which would be very unpleasant for her.
 
"Not like we can do anything to stop it. We need to participate. I'll be there anyway you don't need to worry." I said that and gave her a faint smile.
 
"O-okay if you say so Asamura-kun."
 
Her face turned red all of a sudden. Did I say something weird?  Wait why am I acting like a real boyfriend now to her? I'm being weird what the hell!
 
The Female staff from earlier approached us holding a plate with our orders. Put it on our table.
 
"Please enjoy the ice cream. We have a special promo for both of you. Please look forward to that."
 
The staff smiled and winked at me. Eh? Special promo?
 
What is she talking about? If I recall we didn't order anything with a special promo written to it. Well, let's see what's the special promo she's talking about.
 
Marika turned to ask me.
 
"Eh? What is she talking about? Special promo?" She turned her head sideways.
 
"Don't ask me. Let's eat."
 
I scooped using a spoon of my almond fudge.
 
Ah damn! This is good. Not too sweet but very delicious. It's so good. The almond tastes good too.
 
After a tiring class and walking outside, this is heaven.
 
Marika is showing an angelic face with her left hand on her cheek. Her face is gleaming and cute. She's making it tastes so good too.
 
"Hey Marika, can I have a taste too? You can taste mine."
 
She nods and handed her bowl of ice cream to me so we exchanged.
 
I scooped and taste it and it's good too. A sweet creamy taste of melon. A real lemon in ice cream.
 
Now I know why she's making that kind of face earlier. Looking at her, she likes mine too and made a satisfied face with a smile.
 
We continue eating till we finish it.
 
Then she talked about our meeting with her mother.
 
"Asamura-kun, about my mother. Mom will be available this weekday so how about you take a visit. I'm sorry it took so long, my mom is very busy."
 
I see that makes sense. That's good news then.
 
"It's Okay. It's expected that your mom is busy. On weekends then."
 
Both of my parents are very busy too to attend to their children anyway.
 
When we were thinking of leaving, a staff came with a plate again.
 
Is this the special promo she was talking about? She's wearing a smile that's suspicious for me.
 
She put down the plate on our table. There are two small plates with pudding. Why there would be a promo like this? What are the conditions?
 
"Sometimes we choose from different customers, couples who will come visit our shop. And you two are ones chosen for today so enjoy the delicious pudding!" She flashed a smile and left.
 
We aren't even a couple! I can't say that because Marika's eyes are glowing. She loves pudding so much.
 
I bet she didn't even hear what the staff said. Well, it's okay, it's better she didn't hear it.
 
She started eating and made an angelic face. A face even more attractive than earlier.
 
She's not holding back at all. She loves pudding that she won't bother to look for what's or who's around her.
 
I'm blessed to witness this face of her eating a pudding. Miss staff you're the best! I'm sorry for doubting you.
 
We left the ice cream shop and walked through the station where ill need to ride. I told her I can walk alone but she was persistent.
 
"Hey Asamura-kun, can we drop the formalities now. And start calling each other by name. I think we need to be that close when we talk to my mom too. Better try it now."
 
"Yeah, sure. I don't mind."
 
"Kurisu."
 
"Aki-kun."
 
"Just Aki is fine," I protested.
 
Then we part ways from here and went home.
21