Chapter 9: Dinner and Assistance
577 5 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
An unbreakable silence covered every corner of the room. Nobody's trying to speak. An absolute peace but the heavy atmosphere it creates is unbearable and suffocating.
 
The noises of the knife and pork hitting the plates only could be heard.
 
I feel my head swirling as I munch a tender beef on my mouth.
 
Reading the mood is one thing I've learned since I've been born in this family. We were raised with discipline by our grandparents far beyond what we could handle.
 
My family has been like this ever since. They're cold to each other. You would just think they don't care for each other.
 
I'm having dinner with my parents at home. My sis isn't here and staying over at her friend's house. I asked my parents to come for once.
 
I'm seeking their help with Kurisu's arranged marriage. If there are people that should be aware of this issue, it should be them since my family has a deep connection to Marika Family. My grandparents and relatives used to work with their company.
 
I won't be able to handle Kurisu's issue alone. I need information and assistance from my parents.
 
This would be the first time I'll seek help from them. I'm not sure whether they will help but not bad at making an effort. I don't think there are any parents who even once in their life wouldn't support their children no matter what it is.
 
My mom's name is Asamura Ayase. She's working with my father. She has a cold personality that really fits with the family. She has dark purple hair color and purple eyes I inherited from her. She's a real beauty and it didn't fade as time passes.
 
My father's name is Asamura Kyouske. 27 years of age like my mom and has a well-built body and height. He has good charisma and his good-looking face. Purple eyes and black hair. I'm thankful to them for blessing me with such genes. My father isn't that cold but even before we don't talk too much.
 
"How are you doing Aki?" My mom asked.
 
"I'm doing good mom. The school has only started but I'm having fun." I replied.
 
I wanna assure them I'm doing good. I don't want them to bring me back to our grandparents' house. It would be a nightmare.
 
"That's good to know." My mom's coldness is something I couldn't handle sometimes.
 
Then my father spoke.
 
"So Aki. I and your mom are glad that you called us here. To be honest, I don't know what kind of face shall I show you after all that happened."
 
Huh? Why would he say that now? What kind of face?
 
Don't joke with me! After my grandparents banished me from their house you two just kept quiet the entire time. They didn't even defend me.
 
I don't wanna talk about this and it seems I haven't gotten over it yet but this is not the purpose I called them.
 
Get a hold of yourself, Aki!
 
"I wanna ask for information regarding Marika Kurisu."
 
I ignored the topic and spoke out the real issue.
 
"Aki, what do you know about Kurisu?" My father raised a question.
 
Putting down their knives and fork, they put on a serious face. This is something that shouldn't be taken easily I'm aware.
 
"I know about her arranged marriage and her family issue. I wanna know the truth about their tradition." I answered.
 
I don't think such tradition still exists in the family. Considering Kurisu as their only child it doesn't make any sense. I wanna clarify this to my parents.
 
"First off, what's your relationship with Kurisu, and what do you want to happen Aki? We'll start from there."
 
My father said in a cold monotonous voice. Sweat ran down my spine, it just shows how critical this situation. He scared me whenever he is like this. But-
 
"We're classmates, Kurisu asked me a favor to become her boyfriend to put a stop to her arranged marriage set by his father but I know it wouldn't stop there. It might even affect our family's relationship with them so I'm trying to find different ways of solving this issue." I told them all that happened.
 
If I'll seek help from my parents I need to be reasonable. I know this is absurd still-
 
"So you aren't Kurisu's boyfriend yet. I see where you are coming, Aki." My father said.
 
"Yeah." I gave a nod after clarifying my father's question.
 
My mother who has been quiet until now spoke. She is sitting beside my father.
 
"Why do you wanna help her Aki? Do you have any feelings for that child?."
 
That's-
 
How should I answer? There is this strong feeling inside me that wanna help Kurisu. I don't think it's love but it's a fact I'm starting to develop feelings for her. I promised too and as a man, I can't break it.
 
"You don't need to hide anything Aki. We're your parents. Even if you won't say anything we would notice."
 
I don't wanna hear that from a very cold mother I used to live with.
 
"I promised I would help her. I'm not getting back to my words. Also-... I'm starting to develop feelings for her. But I know it wouldn't help so I'm not letting it get into me." I answered.
 
I know I can't lie to my mother. Her cold stares always feel like discerning what's inside you. It's uncomfortable.
 
"Never let your feelings get ahead of you. You're growing Aki. I'm proud of you." My father said with a voice of a proud father.
 
It's soothing somehow. I regained some composure from that. Thanks, father.
 
"Their tradition is old and they don't follow it now. That's was just a facade made by elders of Marika Family."
 
My mother explained.
 
"Kurisu's father Marika Daisuke used that as a facade to force Kurisu into an arranged marriage. And Kurisu's mother Miya-san is incapable of giving birth anymore."
 
My father added. Yes, I'm aware of Kurisu's mother's condition. But-
 
"It doesn't make sense to me. Why would she force Kurisu into that despite that messed up tradition?... Marika's father could just have a concubine if he wants a son that badly."
 
That is right. It doesn't make any sense to me. Why is he hurrying it so bad?
 
 
"That is true Aki. But I and Kyouske are aware of how much Daisuke-san loves Miya-san. He would never cheat on her wife no matter what. He almost breakdown when Kurisu was born and Miya-san got her condition. Miya-san was so depressed back then and Daisuke-san suffered from that."
 
My mother informed. I see now I understand why he wouldn't look for a concubine but there's still a missing piece. If Kurisu's father loves them that much why he would be so determined to arrange a marriage for his daughter?
 
"It wasn't all that. There's still stuff I don't understand. Please tell me!"
 
I need to know! I wouldn't be able to move like this.
 
"Tell me, Aki. Are you certain you wanna help Kurisu? It wouldn't be easy."
 
My father asked me again with a heavy tone. I could only give a yes.
 
"Yes, I'm certain dad. No matter what it takes. I don't wanna disappoint Kurisu. There's a promise I wanna fulfill.
 
There's no way I'll back out now. I'm not the kind of person.
 
"As your parents. We're glad to hear that Aki." My mother said and showed a smile.
 
Uh-... I'm speechless. Why is she showing me a smile I haven't seen from her since then.
 
I slightly lowered my head. I don't understand them. Maybe she's glad I'm doing something worthy. It's a warm smile and very strange to me.
 
"Daisuke-san has an illness. A problem with his kidney. The doctor gave him medications but it's getting worse."
 
My mother revealed a shocking truth.
 
"Only Maya-san and we are aware of his condition. He couldn't make it public because of the competition in the family. He wants Kurisu to get married so he could be sure of Kurisu's safety. Kurisu would soon be married to a Kanba family, they are friends ever since"
 
That makes sense. What would happen to Kurisu if his father's illness went public? It would be bad and to prevent it Kurisu must be married to ensure her safety.
 
Shit, this pisses me off. Just what the hell is this situation. I'm starting to lose control when...
 
"What are you going to do Aki? Whatever you want to do, as your parents we will support you." My mother said.
 
My father nods. It seems they have been waiting for something like this too.
 
"I-"
 
 
~~~
I went to my room. Lying down on my bed. I'm feeling sick for some reason. Pressure like this ain't new to me but it's wringing my neck.
 
I know what to do now. I need to be brace myself for what's coming. But for now, I need to sleep.
 
So I closed my eyes and doze off.
 
~~~
Aki's Parents POV.
 
"Aki has grown into a fine young man. I still feel bad for leaving him back then." Ayase said.
 
"Yeah, he's still holding it against us I can feel it from him when we were talking."
 
Kyouske gave a reply. He's regretting everything that happened.
 
"You don't have to worry about that. The reason he seeks help from us means that he's moving on. I'm truly proud of him."
 
Ayase said in a gentle voice.
 
"All we can do is support him from now. No matter how this will end we can't make the same mistake again. My family could fuck off and go to hell for all I care."
 
Kyouske said slightly mad.
 
"You still say that. Well, I love that part of you Kyouske. This time we need to pay back all the parental we didn't give them from the start."
 
Ayase approached Kyouske and hugged him tightly.
 
"Don't worry it will work out somehow. Believe in our child."
 
Ayase whispered.
 
"Yeah, I know."
 
They both have to leave the next morning because of work but that short time they had with Aki was priceless.  Aki's family is moving forward towards a better future.
19