Chapter 15: Spark of Conflict Between Two Beauties
458 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Clanking pens writing on paper is the only noise you can hear in this room. Exam day and everyone is too focused trying their hardest to answer. 
 
Seeing the exams I could tell teachers give unpredictable questions. Unfamiliar questions which aren't on pointers or weren't taught by them. 
 
Karakura is a prestigious school with a strict rule to grades but never thought it would be at this level.
 
Seeing some of my classmates end up putting down their pen cracking their brains to think of solutions to answer. Sweat running down their eyebrows in this cold room. It Has been raining since this morning.
 
I have reviewed or at least seen some of these questions in notes Takanashi gave me and some are on my notes so I'm not having a hard time. It was all easy.
 
Looking at Kurisu and Takanashi, they're both serious and answering the exam without breaking a sweat. I expected that from them since they're the most competitive students in our class. Fighting over exam scores is crucial. It defines their talent and ability in class.
 
However, I'm not aiming to be in such a competition. I answered almost 90 percent of the exam seriously and guessed the latter. Doesn't matter to me which comes wrong for the remaining 10 percent. I took that stance for all the remaining subjects. 
 
The exam ended and everyone took a sigh of relief. We're finally relieved of this hellish day. Tachibana-sensei signaled the end of the exam and announced an event that would take place next week. 
 
The class camping for the first years. I could hear a cheer from my classmates that favor it aside from me and some others who prefer to not participate. 
 
The location would be somewhere near a sea and security would be assigned to teachers. Tachibana-sensei explained the most basic and some stuff would be provided. 
 
A bus that will take us and set a definite time of meeting and arrival. It's a strict policy that's given priority. Getting late would cause minus points on a certain team.
 
Speaking of teams, my class would be divided into two groups and it was decided that class representatives would lead each team and that means I and Kurisu would be leading each team. 
 
I suddenly halted, I don't know anything about handling and leading a team for a camp. Including my non-existent ability to cook what I'm gonna do with this. It would be nice if I'll have someone who I can rely on at times like this.
 
Then suddenly Tachibana-sensei slammed a lottery box on her table.
 
"Okay, there are two sets of cards inside this lottery box. Written group 1 and group 2, everyone excluding Asamura-kun and Marika-san, will draw to choose their group. The numbers inside are in proportion to our class. Marika-san will lead group 1 and Asamura-kun for the latter. Let's start now."
 
Upon giving her instructions my classmates started picking up cards. 
 
Kurisu stealing worried glances at me. She doesn't like the idea of getting us separated. Is she worried about leading her team or us going against each other in this camping? 
 
"We'll be separated Kurisu."
 
"Yeah, I don't like that. I don't think I can lead my team." She's looking down. 
 
"I do think the same. Well, we'll have teammates to rely on, it would be fine." 
 
"That's also what I'm worried about." 
 
"Eh? On what?" 
 
"I-its nothing." 
 
Does she really hate it that bad? This is a good chance to get to know everyone too. You don't have to stick on me forever.
 
"This ends the lottery. Please let your respective leaders know your groups. It's the weekend but don't forget to study. Take care everyone."
 
After that, a female classmate approached Kurisu and handed a list of their teammates. I noticed Takanashi walking towards me and spoke.
 
"Asamura we'll be in the same team. I'm looking forward to camping with you."
 
Oh how nice. Didn't she tell me that I can rely on her in this? Having her on my team means that I can make this easy. 
 
"Yeah, never thought you'd be in my team." 
 
Did she plan it all along or just a chance? 
 
I suddenly felt a chill beside me coming from white-haired beauty Kurisu with cold glare.
 
"Marika-san, how did you do on the exam? If you don't mind me asking." 
 
She's checking Kurisu's exams. She's tryna pick a fight with her?
 
"I did good Takanashi-san I'm sure of it." 
 
"I could say the same."
 
I can feel a dark aura around Kurisu with icy crystals shattering bit by bit. 
 
Takahashi is the same but with black flames around her, I could imagine a devil horn growing on her forehead. 
 
They're glaring at each other with a spark of electricity, proving their dominance over each other. 
 
I have to stop this! What should I even say? Guess I'll go home.
 
"I'm going home now, how about you Kurisu?" 
 
Kurisu quickly averted her eyes and turn gaze to me.
 
"Yeah, let's go home, Aki"
 
Standing up I grab my bag. 
 
"I'm going now Takanashi." 
 
As I was about to leave, Takashi spoke and I came to a halt.
 
"Asamura, can I ask for your number? Regarding the trip we need to discuss some details but since we don't have time now. It would be nice if we exchange contacts here."
 
Oh yeah, it would be much easier if we could talk about it later. So I nodded and took out my smartphone.
 
"Send and done. Thanks, Asamura. Take care." 
 
That's one decent way to ask someone for contact. I doubt it will only be for camping. 
 
I left the class with Kurisu and walked towards the school gate.
 
She has this bad mood with a cute pout. Is she jealous of Takanashi exchanging contact with me?
 
"We can exchange contacts too." 
 
Shortly after she took out her smartphone ready for registering my contact. What the heck! 
 
Idiot :< ! 
 
The first email I got from her is this. She's still mad eh. 
 
We started walking again.
 
"Thank you, Aki." 
 
"Don't mind it." 
 
"I wonder what would be the activities aside from camping. Sensei didn't go too specific and left some details. Even about the point thingy." 
 
It even looked like sensei was in a hurry. She didn't explain the points, it only says that points will be deducted if we'll be late at the meeting place.
 
"I don't think there would be much more to that. But the school would be providing tents and such stuff. It sounds kinda luxurious." 
 
"Sleeping outside kinda sounds exciting to me though. I expected that they would rent apartments or hotels though." 
 
That's just your rich way of thinking I guess. That's too much, it's not even a school trip. 
 
"But the tents will be placed at a nearby sea though. It doesn't sound so bad. A bonfire at night too. Hmm,"
 
She's too absorbed into it. Her excitement is too bright and overwhelming. I don't feel motivated at all about this. Sounds like a pain in the ass. How am I even going to manage them? Good thing I have Takanashi at my side.
 
"Yeah, I think it would be nice. I haven't experienced it though."
 
Has been a while since I've last been in the sea. It will leave a nostalgia in me. Recalling good and bittersweet memories.
 
"My last time was with my family at a private resort back in 3rd year of middle high. That was fun. I can't wait for summer." 
 
That must be before her arranged marriage was decided by her father.
 
Sadly we won't be able to swim. Despite being near the ocean, camping is camping. The teachers won't allow it and I think it's still too cold to swim in the sea.
 
Reaching the school gate, we saw a black limousine meant to fetch Kurisu. Kudo-san, standing beside it, bowed and opened the car. 
 
"See you on Monday Aki. Take care on your way home." 
 
"Same to you." 
 
Kudo-san closed the car door and bowed at me then left. I need to walk home from here.
 
Exams ended so I only have to worry about camping. Wondering how it would turn out I started walking to the train station. 
 
"Hey, you guy over there! Would you be so kind as to accept this carbonated drink I bought for yah?"
 
Suddenly, a familiar voice called me from behind. Turning my body to look at, it was Takanashi.
 
"Takashi? Why are you still here? And thanks." 
 
"After talking to you earlier, my classmates asked some questions and then I left too. Didn't expect to see you here so I decided to treat you to something at least." 
 
Drinking this carbonated drink made me damn thirsty.
 
"Let's go home together?" 
 
"Yeah, sure! Since we go off on the same station. Are you living near Asamura?" 
 
"Yeah, from the east 10 minutes away. How about you?" 
 
"Oh, that's close. Eh? Are you planning on going to my house? Shall I introduce you to my mother in advance? I would be very delighted!" 
 
Where do those ideas even come from? I didn't say that much.
 
"Please no," I replied then looked away.
 
"You denied it like you have experienced it before. Eh?" 
 
Huh? Did I make it sound like that?
 
"Where are you getting those ideas?" 
 
"Just a wild guess Asamura." 
 
"Then no I don't." 
 
Can't tell her I've faced Kurisu's parents before. 
 
"Why do you have to deny it so forcefully?" 
 
I'm lost in this conversation. She's making my head hurt.
 
"Pfft, I'm sorry I went too far. I'm just kidding." 
 
Yeah, you must be right.
15