Chapter 16: Getting Late and Forgetfulness
371 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
"Train is cramped again. This sucks ."
 
"Y-yeah, but we'll make it on time. I don't have any complaints."
 
You say you don't have but in this position, are you really fine?
 
Crowded train with us on the corner. I'm covering her from people. We arrived a bit late and we planned to come together. 
 
Her boobs are pressing on me, beet-red face, and her eyes averted. No way she would make eye contact as it would result awkward between us. 
 
On the first day of camping, we're heading to school to take the bus to the campsite. I never thought it would be like this but it's a good thing I waited for her. 
 
Where are you Asamura-kun? Everyone's here now.
 
Getting messages from my beautiful Tachibana-sensei. I wanna teleport there and not let my image of class representative be ruined in front of her eyes. No way she would think of me as an irresponsible student, right? Ugh!
 
While having these thoughts Takanashi is gazing at me tilting her head in confusion. Probably she wants to ask who sent me the message. 
 
"It's nothing. Everyone's there now waiting for us."
 
"Ugh! We really messed up and yet the camping hadn't started yet." 
 
"If we'll make it there in 10 minutes we'll be fine." 
 
"I guess so... Sorry for troubling you waiting for me..." She mumbled.
 
"Blaming yourself won't get us there, don't worry too much about it." 
 
She calmed down after that. 
 
We got off the train. She looks fine now, starting to walk heading to school Takanashi halted.
 
"Is there a problem?" 
 
"A-Asamura... -I.." 
 
"-Huh?" 
 
"My-...my wallet...!"
 
On the verge of tears, she's mumbling.
 
"You left? Eh?"
 
"Y-yeah, along with my other important stuff like... My girls stuff, I put it all in one bag and left it at home.."
 
"Ugh! I see." 
 
"Wha-... What are we gonna do Asamura? I can't live without those." 
 
Girls stuff? Like period stuff or something? I don't wanna ask and be specific but it seems important to drive her to tears like this. We don't have a choice, we need to go back. While standing I made my decision.
 
"Let's go back. I'll ask sensei for the camping site address and head there ourselves. We were told it ain't that far from here." 
 
"I-is it okay? I've troubled you too much now." 
 
"Don't worry about it. What am I gonna do without you there?" 
 
"Mmm let's hurry up." 
 
We went back on the train and headed to her house. Going back went smoothly. The train had a lot of space for us to breathe. Getting off we started walking to her house. 
 
Took us 20 minutes of walking. And a site of a two-floor house with huge white walls and glass windows appeared in front of my eyes. It looks elegant like the cafe  I went to with Kurisu. 
 
"Let's go inside. My mom isn't here, don't worry. If she's here she must be sleeping by now." 
 
"Okay." 
 
Entering her house. It looks fashionable inside with Paintings on the walls, exclusive looking furniture, and lamps. And a soft wide sofa in the living room. I was amazed.
 
"Sorry for intruding." 
 
"Have a seat over there I'll take my bag." 
 
I gave a nod and she went upstairs. 
 
I strangely feel so relaxed and worried at the same time. Should I be here? I'm feeling anxious.
 
Two minutes passed, then she went down. With a blue carry bag. I guess that's what she left.
 
"Let's go now Asamura. I cannot offer you anything since we're in a hurry." 
 
"I don't mind." 
 
Leaving her house I'm relieved her mother wasn't there. Walking to the train station I received a message from sensei.
 
Asamura-kun, take the train and a taxi to the campsite. You can still make it before we start preparing so hurry up. Take care on your way.
 
Hmm, it would take us an hour or two to get there. Pretty far huh. I sent my reply.
 
I'm sorry for the trouble, Tachibana-sensei. Thank you.
 
We got inside the train and it's not as cramped as earlier. Takahashi beside me and I think I'm getting a bit sleepy. We ran into a problem even before camping started but I don't hate it.
 
"Don't sleep Asamura." 
 
"I won't."
 
I just yawned and she noticed it. Ugh.
 
"How long would it take us to get there?" 
 
"For about two hours I guess. They're already on their way to the camping site."
 
"I see. If we can catch up, that would be great."
 
"Yeah" 
 
Suddenly, I felt something heavy on my shoulder. When I turn my gaze, Takanashi is leaning on my shoulders sleeping.
 
Seriously? You don't want me to sleep cos you will? I feel betrayed here, unbelievable. Taking out my phone I started to play to get rid of my sleepiness.
 
There are only a few passengers, mostly female, maybe college students, and far apart from each other. Takahashi is showing off a relaxed sleeping face. Looking at her, she's really a beauty with a cute face.  I wonder if she's fine with me seeing her like this? Such a defenseless state.
 
I let her sleep and the passengers decreased one by one until only us were left. Looking at the map we're close to the station we need to get off. 
 
She's sleeping for an hour now. Is she that tired? I wonder if she even slept last night. I need to wake her up.
 
"Takanashi!.." 
 
"Hmmhm"
 
Shaking her shoulders she let out a cute sound. I was about to laugh but I stopped myself. She's too cute damnit!
 
She finally opened her eyes. Still feeling groggy she spoke.
 
"I-... I'm sorry I fell asleep." 
 
"No, it's okay. But we're getting close to the station." 
 
"O-okay..." Then she nods.
 
"Didn't have a good sleep last night?" 
 
"I was excited and couldn't sleep. I watched a movie and it took me till midnight. Ugh!" 
 
Why is she so excited? I couldn't comprehend because I truly hate this idea of camping.
 
We took off the train and headed to a nearby bus station. Getting into the bus Takanashi took a seat near the window then I sat next to her. 
 
From here we need to travel for another hour to get to the campsite. I've been informing Tachibana-sensei of our location. She sounds so worried I'm starting to feel bad now.
 
Every place we passed through had breathtaking scenery. Mountain ranges, valleys, and rivers. After more than half an hour the sea came into view. The gleaming sea with the sunlight mesmerizing Takanashi's eyes including mine. We'll be camping near the sea. Swimming is strictly prohibited but having this fantastic sight is enough. 
 
My phone vibrated so I took it out. We'll be waiting before we enter the campsite.
 
 
Where are you now Asamura-kun? 
 
 
I took a picture of the sea and sent it to her. Then send a reply.
 
 
We're getting close sensei.
 
 
What am I doing? I'm getting too close to sensei like this.
 
 
Oh, what a nice view! Take another shot then send it to me :> 
 
 
Eh? Did I get away with this? Well, it works so let's do it for sensei.
 
Minutes passed and we took off the bus. Walking near the entrance of the campsite my class came into view. They're all present waiting for us.
 
I approached sensei and apologized.
 
Kurisu who's quiet sitting alone on the bench. With a dark freezing aura around her, I could tell she's mad. I approached her and spoke. 
 
"Sorry for making you wait Kurisu. I'll explain later." 
 
"Huh? You better do." 
 
Ugh! With her wicked cold voice, she scares me now. She stands up, walking away, halts, and then looks back. 
 
"What are you standing for? Let's go!" 
 
I made her too angry for sure. She's gonna murder me soon. Her dark aura made her even more unapproachable. The boys can't even talk to her. So I followed her. She's frowning, I will need to console her.
19