Chapter 28: Fiery exchanges
207 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was unaware and acted on impulse. In front of me is the proclaimed boyfriend with my hand blocking his fist which should have hit Tachibana-sensei. I was expecting a punch back but luckily, the guy instinctively took a step back. 

 

My focus is on high alert, knowing that he might throw another punch. To be clear, I have only practiced a few hand-to-hand combat techniques , and am relying on my quick reflexes. I could throw a punch but his physics clearly put me at a disadvantage. I doubt my punch will even land.

 

He didn't throw a full-force punch because he wasn't expecting my intervention. Blocking and predicting it was easy. But if he goes again, I'd be in real trouble. I can't let my guard down, I have Tachibana-sensei on my back.

"Aki!"

 

All of a sudden, Kurisu dashed towards me. Standing next to me, now there's two of us are blocking his path. I don't think this is a good idea but,- after a brief silence, he opened his mouth. 

 

"So it's you, huh."

 

"I- what?" 

 

 Split second after talking, he dashed forward, clenching his fist, aiming to hit me. What's about me that irritated him? Getting in a position to block the punch he's about to throw-

 

"Stop there!... I called the security, continue and you'll be arrested." 

 

Kurisu screamed at the top of her lungs, threatening him..

"Security? Do you have any idea where you are standing right now, Ojou-chan?"

 

Showing a smirk, he didn't pay any attention to Kurisu. Turning his head, his gaze fixed on me. But Kurisu didn't flinch and continued.

 

"Not if I have this as evidence."

 

Displaying on her smartphone is a picture of him attempting to hit me. She's seriously scary right now. Trying to stop him, consequences are flooding my thoughts. If she gets involved in this, it'd be a problem. 

 

"When did you?! Pesky little brat!"

 

"They'll be here in a few seconds. I don't think we still have time to argue. Even if you own this condominium, let's see how this will play out, involving outsiders to your rampage, particularly teenagers."

"Tch!"

 

He fixed his necktie, clicked his tongue and began walking away, but not before casting me a sharp, despised gaze. His eyes told me he wanted to kill me. I'd have to be cautious the next time we meet.

 

I didn't leave anything out, and Kurisu simply stated that he owns this condominium. Who the fuck is he?

 

"Are you hurt, Asamura-kun, and Makise-san?"

 

Sensei quickly responded and inquired about my condition.

 

"I'm all right, sensei; how about you?" 

 

"Nah, don't worry, he didn't hurt me or anything. For now, let's go inside." 

 

Glancing at Kurisu, we both agreed with a nod and went inside Tachibana-sensei's house. 

 

If Kurisu hadn't acted fast and rationally, it would have been a bad situation in our favor. I owe her for saving me. In this situation, there's no way I would be able to act differently like the way she performed. I'm suddenly reminded that violence was not always the only option. I'm ashamed that my emotions  got the best of me. Sigh.

5