Ch 8
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Life 2. The crusader has arrived.

It’s currently the night of the ball festival, the three of us, me, Asia and Buchou are in my room, I was sitting on one of the chairs on my study table while Asia and Rias are sitting on the bed

“Buchou….please answer my question….” I said solemnly while looking at Buchou straight as she tried to divert her eyes in an attempt to not meet my eyes, which made me gritted my teeth in frustration.

“Anoo Ise-san...What are you guys talking about?” Asia asked puzzlingly as she keeps turning her head to me and Buchou face over and over again though none of us responded to her.

“Is Kiba truly, a survivor of the Holy-sword project?” buchou silence is all of the answers I needed.

“Holy-sword...Project?” Asia recites those words with utter confusion, of course, she would, even I barely knew any details about it, and a holy-maiden that lives in seclusion obviously won’t even know about it, even if they are affiliated with the church.

“Holy-swords are the ultimate weapons against devils. If we, the devils, touch the holy sword then we will burn ourselves. If we get cut by it, then we will be terminated without a trace. It could be called the ultimate weapon for those who believe in God and see devils as an enemy.

Even though there are numerous holy-swords originating from all over the world, I still think the most famous one would be Excalibur. Even in Japan, it comes up in many books. It’s a holy weapon that is created through means of magic and alchemy by those who reach the territory of Gods..” Buchou explained the basic of it to Asia who listens intently, nodding as she understood it.

“But, The holy sword is a fickle thing you see, not everybody is capable of using it, in most case, when a holy sword reached a certain level, it is said that holy swords choose their owner, and not the other way around, but the Holy-sword project is a project trying to circumference those problems.

“And Kiba is one of the members chosen to participate in the project, he received a treatment designed to allow him to adapt to a holy sword, in particular, the Excalibur, however, Yuuto couldn’t adapt to the holy-swords. Not only Yuuto, but it seems like everyone who received a treatment similar to Yuuto's couldn’t either……The people of the Church decided to view the ones who couldn’t adapt to the holy-swords as “defective products” and disposed of them.” Buchou ended her explanation in a solemn tone while I averted my eyes from Asia who looked shaken and looked ready to cry.

“When I reincarnated Yuuto into a devil, that boy was swearing for his revenge even when he was in a critical situation. Because his talents were being used for holy-swords since he was born, I wanted him to use his talents as a devil. Yuuto’s talent at using swords would be a waste for only using it for holy-swords.”

Buchou wanted to save Kiba by turning him into a devil because he had a miserable life due to the holy-swords. She wanted to tell him not to get so fixated on holy-swords and use his powers as a devil. But Kiba…

“That boy couldn’t forget about it. The holy-swords. Those who were involved with the holy-swords. And the people of the Church……” Buchou ended her explanation while none of us moved, I know about the holy-sword project, [Parabellum] almost went to war with the church because of it, but after Vasco-san said he personally looked into it, [Parabellum] decided not to move.

“Ise….Why did you know about the Holy-sword project….even amongst the high-level devils, it’s secret information that few knew off” Buchou said as she looked deep in thought, I sighed as I looked down to the floor.

“We...No, I went into conflict with the church because of it…” I said as I avoided their gaze, though from the corner of my eyes I could see a surprise on their eyes.

“Ise-san, you almost fight with the church? Why?” Asia said with teary eyes, from her perspective, it looks like I was going to fight against what Asia believes in.

“Ah...it’s nothing...Asia….More importantly Buchou...Can I ask why you’re living here?” I said in a desperate attempt to divert the subject, Buchou looked like she understood what I doing and giggle.

“Oh my, Do you dislike me doing this Ise? I thought you would love this kind of thing” Buchou said while eyeing me with a teasing glint...Urkh….I can’t even deny it since she’s correct about me.

“It...it’s nothing like that, I just want to know...Since our contract has been fulfilled, I don’t think you need to show me this kind of kindness you know...even going so far as basically living with me...” I said as I scratched the side of my head, not really itchy, just something that seems appropriate.

“That boy couldn’t forget about it. The holy-swords. Those who were involved with the holy-swords. And the people of the Church……Anyway I will just watch over him for now. Right now his head is full of the feelings he has towards the holy-swords. But I hope he returns to his usual self...That reminds me, Ise, do you know what caused Yuuto to be like that? I believe he started to be like this after he saw a certain photo right?” Buchou said avoiding my question, I wanted to retort but held against it.

I nodded at Buchou words and took out my photo album, scouring it for that one particular picture, finding it, I handed it over to Buchou who looked at the picture cautiously.

“Ise. Is there someone you know who is related to the Church?”

“No. There’s none among my relatives.”

“Then do you know who this is?” Buchou asks the same question as she pointed at the man, nodding to his question, I explained to Buchou about my friend Rin as well as her connection to the church.

For a moment, Buchou stood still as if she’s deep in thought, finally, she sighed before speaking. “Let’s go to sleep. Even if we think about it, it’s not like Yuuto’s behaviour will go back to normal.” After saying that, Buchou started to strip her clothes!

“Bu-Buchou! Why are you taking your clothes off here!?”

“Why? You also know that I can’t sleep without being naked, Ise.”

“No, no, no! Not that! I mean, why are you taking them off in my room!?”

I was eagerly looking at Buchou’s body while I was panicking. Ngggggggg! No matter how many times I look at them, she has an amazing body! Her boobs bounced after she took her bra off!

“That’s because I’m going to sleep with you.”

Buchou answered me as if it was the obvious answer! No! More like, please show some restraint! Aren’t you supposed to be a princess Buchou? Why are you showing me this so easily? Also, What’s wrong Asia? Why is your face teary?

“Then I’m sleeping here as well! I’m also going to sleep with Ise-san!”

Hey, hey, hey, hey! I’m happy to hear that but you can’t! Asia can’t do that! She shouldn’t be copying Buchou!

“Buchou! You are being a bad influence on Asia! Please put your clothes on!”

“Bad influence? That’s a harsh thing to say, Ise. You know that I sleep naked, right? You slept with me a number of times.”

"....Slept together a number of times.......? No.....Ise-san and Buchou-san.......?"

Asia started to shake and get teary eyes because it was a big shock for her. Ho....hold on! What kind of situation is this!?

"Asia, hand over Ise for tonight."

"I don't want to...... I think I have the right to be spoiled by Ise-san as well. I also want to sleep with Ise-san!"

Asia! You wanted to sleep with me that much!? I feel a bit complicated but also really happy! Even though she has teary eyes, she seems determined. I can tell from what she's said that she won't back down! Waaaaah! A fight is about to start in my room! Let's not fight! Both of them glared at each other and there were sparks between them..... I'm trying to breathe in this awkward situation. It's really hard to breathe here! It truly is!

"Then let's make Ise decide."

Buchou then looked at me. Her eyes were telling me "Choose me". I can feel a force coming from her eyes!

"Ise-san. You will sleep with me, right?"

Asia asked me with sobbing eyes. I felt like surrendering to her because she wasn't acting. The person whom I won't pick will hold a grudge against me. I held my head down because this was the hardest choice I've ever faced.

Part 2

It has been two days since the incident of Buchou and Asia fighting oversleeping with me, they have settled on a compromise without my consent, which is that they will sleep together with me

[Don’t act as if you don’t enjoy this partner...Look at this useless partner of mine, letting me do all the hard work while he enjoys sleeping around with female] Ddraig said with a fake sob which made me sweet drop

“Aren’t you the one who said that you’re going to investigate the seal yourself? Why are you complaining about it now? Also, are you done with it?” I asked Ddraig as I set aside the broom, the classroom are now clean, that bastard Matsuda and Motohama bailed on me while shouting something about cashing in on a favour, Asia already went ahead as I told her to.

[that’s the thing Partner...There’s nothing wrong with the seal, it’s holding and are weakening, in fact, it’s weakening faster than we initially thought ever since you came out of retirement and began training again. If my calculation is correct, the seal will be done around autumn] Ddraig informed me about the fate of my seal, where she is sealed.

“That’s...Just about the end of the school festival...damn... that sucks, it’ll mean I might lose out on the festival huh” I said sighing while internally remembering the enjoyable school festival last year.

[You sure you’re not gonna add any more power to it? If you do you might have a good few years before the seal is broken, Azazel should happily oblige, or even Shiva, considering you and he is technically still under a contract] Ddraig asked while I hummed a random tune as I pick up my bag and began walking towards the club room.

“I’m sure of that Ddraig, I’m far too indebted to Azazel-sensei to ask him for any more help, Shiva-sama are a guardian of this world, I made sure of that, I believe in him that he will resolve the situation if worse comes to worst, more importantly though, why is she not contacting me? I thought you said the seal is weakening, shouldn’t she able to at least project herself to the world? Or at least enough so that only I can see it” 

[Don’t know, I have been trying to contact her, but she refused, I attempt it numerous times yet she keeps shutting down the communication link that I established, I’ll keep trying though] 

“Hmmm...You’ll do that Ddraig” I replied curtly while refocusing on my journey once more, the old school building is now in sight.

I heard some conversation inside, not wanting to be rude, I knocked on the door, alerting them to my presence, from the inside, I could hear a faint “Come in” as a reply, I opened the door and immediately noticed two more presence inside of the building.

The first one is a young woman with chin-length blue hair with a dyed green fringe on the right side and brown eyes, she wore a white hooded cloak with gold and blue accents which hide her attire, beside her is a young woman with a familiar face.

I stood still for a moment, my brain tells me that I know this person, yet at the same time, I don’t, it is as if she’s a friend that has been separated from me

“Ise-kun!?” She exclaimed loudly as she looks at me, and then, it finally clicks, her chestnut hair that is worn into a twin ponytail complete with her warm violet eyes, isn’t she Rin?! Eh? Seriously?!

“R-Rin?” I asked slowly, trying to decipher if my guess is correct, her eyes that immediately leaks out a tear is all the answer I needed.

“Yes! Thank you for still remembering me! Ah...This must be because God wanted us to meet again! Amen” She said as she made a praying pose, her words made all the devils on the room flinch at a sudden pain

“Um...Rin...Can I call you Rin?” 

“Yes! Do please call me Rin again Ise-kun! We are best friends after all” 

“Can...more like what are you doing here? I thought you went to England because of your dad or something” I asked and it looked like I was about to get my answer when suddenly Buchou coughed, returning our attention to us.

“Can we please return to the discussion at hand? Also, Ise, come here” She said half-ordering half-pleading, one look into her eyes and I can tell that she really wanted me to stand on her side, but another look at Rin made this more complicated.

‘Anooo..Buchou...I’ll just sit here” I said nervously as I sat on the middle couch between Rin and her companion and Buchou and her peerage, Buchou looked like she has something to say but seemed to realize something.

“Very well, can we now return to our discussion” 


“Can we please start over, some of my peerage members are new and aren’t acquainted with the matters involving Excalibur?” Buchou said as she eyed Asia who looked confused at the situation.

I nodded, agreeing with that, but that isn’t why I’m nervous, the one leaking this dangerous amount of aura is Kiba. He looked as if he was about to go slashing at them any moment. They were the believers of God that Kiba hates. Considering his past, it won’t be weird if he jumps in any moment now.

“Excalibur was broken into pieces during the war a long time ago. The fragments were collected and turned into a new form by alchemy. It was made into seven swords. This is one of them.” Rin said while her companion, the girl with blue hair releases the cloth that has been used as a wrapping for what I presume Excalibur which took the form of a large

“The Excalibur I hold is “Excalibur Destruction”. It’s one of the seven holy-swords that were created. The Catholic Church is in control of it.” her words are level and calm, she looked like she didn’t care that Kiba already murderous glare skyrocketed when he saw the unwrapped Excalibur.

Rin followed her companion action and took out a long rope that began twisting and turning before changing its shape into a katana. “Mine is “Excalibur Mimic”. I can change its shape into anything I want so it’s really useful for carrying around. Just like this, each “Excalibur” has its unique ability. This one is in the possession of the Protestant Church.” She explained it in great details before getting shut off by the blue-haired girl.

“Irina…… There’s no reason to tell these devils the ability of Excalibur, is there?”

“Ara Xenovia. Even if they are devils we still have to form a trustworthy relationship with them in this situation. Also, even if my sword's ability is revealed, I won’t fall behind all the devils here.”

Ahahaha...Now those are some confidence, Rin also seemed to not care about Kiba glaring at her as well.

“Really? Then what about him? He seems strong, considering he managed to not feel even a shiver in front of Excalibur” the blue-haired girl named Xenovia said as she took a glance at me from the corner of her eyes.

“Ah, I’m a human, I’m not a part of Rias Greemory peerage though I am a club member of the occult research club” I explained, realizing that I still haven’t told them about myself.

“Oh yeah! Xenovia, I haven’t introduced Ise-kun to you, right? Ise-kun! This is my partner, Xenovia, she’s a little odd but a good friend, Xenovia, this is Ise-kun! My best friend” Rin said as I offered her a handshake which she took.

“Nice to meet you...I see...So you’re the Ise-kun that Irina has been talking about, just like she told me, you have a strong grip, and the eyes of a warrior, I like that” Xenovia words made me blush a little bit, after parting off our handshake, Buchou asked them a question.

“Then, what is the reasoning behind you two coming to my territory, on this eastern country?” 

The Catholic Church was in possession of two Excaliburs including mine. The Protestant Church also had two. Also in the Eastern Orthodox Church, there were two as well. The last one went missing in the previous war between God, devils, and fallen angels. One Excalibur was stolen from each Church. The ones that stole them escaped to Japan, and brought them to this town.”

 “Looks like my territory is full of incidents. So who are the ones that stole the Excaliburs?” Buchou sighed as she took a sip from her tea in an attempt to calm her nerve

“The ones that stole them were the Grigori.” Xenovia blunt reply made Buchou widened her eyes in shock, I was also in shock at the information, Azazel-sensei has no interest in Excalibur as far as I’m aware, so why would they steal it?.

“The holy-swords were taken by the fallen-angel organisation? It’s not a matter of mistake. But certainly, it would be the fallen angels when it comes to stealing them. For the devils working at the top, holy-swords does not give them much interest.”

“We know the main culprit who stole the Excaliburs. One of the leaders of Grigori, Kokabiel.”

“Kokabiel… One of the leaders of the fallen angels that survived the previous wars since ancient times…… I never expected to hear the name of the one that appears in the Bible.”

I can’t help but widened my eyes as well, Kokabiel….I never personally meet him, I knew he was one of the leaders of Grigori alongside Azazel-sensei, I also know that there is four leaders of Grigori, Azazel, Kokabiel, Shemhaza and Baraqiel, I only have met with Azazel though.

“We sent priests, exorcists, to this town secretly but they kept getting killed. Our request… No. Our order is not to have any devils intrude in the battle between us and the fallen angels for the Excaliburs. In other words, we came here to tell you not to interfere with this incident.” 

“Such manner of speech. Is it restraint? Are you thinking that we might collaborate with those fallen angels? Perhaps that we might team up with them to do something with Excalibur?” Buchou narrowed her eyes, she looks angry at the implication of Xenovia words. 

“Question,” I said lifting up my hands, trying to divert the situation as the atmosphere in this room became tenser and tenser by the seconds, Xenovia averted her eyes to me while making a questioned expression.

“So it’s just the two of you? You are going to retrieve the Excaliburs from the leader of the fallen angel with just the two of you? Are you not afraid of death?” I asked incredulously, don’t get me wrong, I do believe that Xenovia and Rin are a capable person, more capable than the devil in this situation, but this is a Cadre-class fallen angel, a being that has survived the bloodiest war in supernatural history, whatever way I see it, it’s just too reckless.

“Yes.”

“I have the same view as Irina, but if it’s possible I don’t want to die.” Rin and Xenovia said without any hesitation, what clear eyes, they truly are prepared to die for the church huh...

“...You came here to Japan prepared to die? The belief in your teaching is extreme like always.”

“Don’t talk ill of our beliefs, Rias Gremory. Right, Xenovia?”

“Right. Also, the Church decided that it would be better to eliminate all of the Excaliburs rather than letting them get used by the fallen angels. Our minimum objective is to get the Excaliburs away from the fallen angels. To accomplish that, it’s okay for us to die. The only way to fight against the Excaliburs are Excaliburs, the previous example has proven that.” 

“You seem confident. Do you have a secret weapon?” Buchou continued her question, it seems like she realizes that Xenovia and Rin are holding onto something, something powerful enough that they are confident in their ability to accomplish this mission

“Maybe. I will leave it to your imagination.” After that, the two of them just stared at each other and the conversation stopped. Shidou Irina and Xenovia looked at each other and stood up.

“Then we will take our leave now. Let’s go, Irina.”

“Before you guys go, Can I ask a final question” I voiced up stopping Xenovia that has stood up from her couch and are already walking, but she stopped when I perked up.

“What is it…”

“Why send you? Don’t get me wrong, I know you guys are capable and all, but there are a plethora of other more powerful exorcists, Griselda and Dulio are stronger than the two of you...No offence”

Rin divert her eyes as she heard my question, Xenovia though, seemed shocked as she turned her heads and asked me “You know sister Griselda? And you even know of the Joker? How?” her words made the rest of the occult research club eyed at me, including Kiba who seemed to be glaring at me

“I have my way” I answered dismissively, Xenovia and Rin then match eye contact and what seems to be a silent communication are happening between them, I waited for a moment until Xenovia sighed before turning her attention to me.

“We two are dispatched because of the previous experience the church has with Kokabiel” She answered shortly, but the implication is there, and it seems that I was the only one who managed to catch it

“Ar...Are you…” I tried asking her again but was shut up when I saw a glint on Xenovia eyes, I see...So that’s why...She isn’t actually a wielder of Excalibur Destruction huh...To think I would meet with the next holder of your holy sword this quickly Vasco-san.

“Then can I also make a final question?” Xenovia said which woke me up from my daydreaming, I shrugged and nodded while Buchou answered with awaited “Yes”

“I have been eyeing you since the moment we walked in...Are you the rumoured “witch”? The former holy-maiden? You are said to have the power that can also heal devils and fallen angels, right? I heard that you were sent somewhere after getting exiled, but I never thought you became a devil.” 

Asia didn’t know how to react to Irina and Xenovia.

“It’s okay. I won’t tell the higher-ups what I saw here, so rest assured. As far as the church goes, “Holy-Maiden” Asia is gone.” Xenovia continued as she got her answered with Asia silence and perplexed expression.

“But to become a devil. The one who was called a “Holy-maiden”. You fell to the lowest place you could. Do you still believe in our God?”

“Xenovia. There’s no way that she, who became a devil, still believes in God.”

“No, I can smell the “belief” from her. It might be an abstract way of saying it. But I’m sensitive to these things. There are people who betray the teachings and still have guilt within them because they couldn’t forget the teachings. I can feel something similar coming from her.”

Xenovia said it with sharp eyes and Irina stared at Asia even more with interested eyes.

“Is that true? Asia-san, you still believe in God even if you have turned into a devil?”

“……I just can’t put it aside. I believed in it for my whole life……” Asia finally replied with a shaky breath, her whole body is shacking yet the resolve on that words are the real deal, hearing that though, Xenovia took out her sword, making alarm goes off in my head, I was pissed off at them insulting Asia, but I managed to hold it in remembering that they are a member of the church, but now...Now I can’t help myself.

“Is that so. Then you should be cut down by us this instant. If it’s now, I can cut you in the name of God. Even if you have sinned, our God will forgive you.” 

“Don’t touch her” I simply said to Xenovia who immediately jumped back a bit when she registers what’s happening, it seems she’s more capable than I thought.

“What’s this...Are you siding with the devil Issei? I thought you’re a splendid member of Christianity, considering you know Irina and Sister Griselda” Xenovia said while tilting her head in confusion, her confusion seemed real and aren’t an act.

“I’m not a believer of the Abrahamic religion Xenovia-san...I’m just a human, but I’m also a member of the Occult Research Club, if you try to harm a member of this club, that means you’re also trying to harm me” I said with a smile.

“I see…..Is that a declaration to all members of the church then?” 

“Depends on whatever you took it for” 

“That’s good timing. I will be your opponent.” Kiba was carrying his sword, and there was an enormous aura of intent to kill coming out of his body.

“Who are you?”

Kiba smirked at Xenovia’s question. “I’m your senpai. Though I apparently was a failure.”

Part 3

Hmmm. So how did it turn out like this? I thought to myself as I try recalling how did it turn into this 

I was standing at the place where we were practising for the ball tournament. Kiba was standing a bit away from me. While Rin and Xenovia were standing in front of us. Enveloping us and our surroundings was a barrier made from a red aura. The other members were looking at us from outside the barrier.

While I was arguing with the two holy-sword wielders, Kiba came in and it got worse. Buchou also seemed troubled about keeping the situation under control because it was us, her servants who had started the fight. Then Xenovia made a suggestion. 

“It might be interesting to test the strength of Rias Gremory's servants. Also, I’m interested in the strength of the so-called senpai.” She proclaimed after Kiba said that he’s their senpai, Rin looked reluctant but agreed, but since the others aren’t in the mood for sparring with them, I was chosen as their sparring partner.

I was confused about what I should do, I don’t really want to fight them being honest, what’s with them being a part of the church and one of them is a best friend of mine while I was weighing in on what I should be doing, I took a glance at Kiba and Xenovia 

 “……Are you laughing?” Xenovia said while she starred at Kiba who’s currently smirking, before growing into full-blown laughter, his smile doesn’t have any trace of the refreshing atmosphere it usually has, it now looks like a deranged person's smile.

“Yeah. The thing I wanted to defeat and destroy appeared right in front of me. I’m happy. Fufufu, I had even heard that by being close to a devil and a dragon, “powers” would gather. But for me to encounter it this early...kukuku.” 

……“Sword Birth”, huh. The possessor can create any demonic sword they imagine in their head. It’s unique among the Demonic-sword related Sacred Gears...I heard that there was a “subject” that avoided being disposed of by the “Holy-sword Project”... Is that you?” Kiba didn’t answer Xenovia’s question. He just directed his killing intent towards her. Hey, hey. Killing is prohibited, you know? Kiba, I beg you to make sure that it remains as a match. If the both of you even attempt at killing each other, I would step in you know.

“Ise-kun” Rin loudly exclaimed, surprising me for a moment, I looked at her once more, ah...she’s pouting, why is she pouting?

“It’s rude to turn your attention to somewhere else when you’re sparring against me you know,” Rin said as she took out her Excalibur and it turns into a katana once more, she’s supporting a grin while I only sigh.

“Can we not do this Rin-chan? I thought reunion is supposed to be done over tea and cakes and not sword and battle” I chuckled before putting on my gloves once more, the same glove that I used when I fought against Riser.

This glove has been used by me ever since I was in [Parabellum] it is made from leather that has been enchanted by Alchemy and Magic, it has a limited self-repairing ability, it is more durable than a normal glove and most importantly, it’s the only equipment that can handle my power.

“My instructor said that the fastest way to speak with someone is through action alongside words! Now let’s go Ise-kun!” Rin said before dashing towards me with a speed that is comparable to Kiba, Impressive.

Still, though, she telegraphed her move too much which allow me to read it. Huffing a breath, I waited for her as I put up my left arms to deflect it, and just as I predicted, the first strike is a thrust to my stomach, she looks surprised at me already ready to do it, swinging my left arms, I deflected her thrust.

Rin though, didn’t get discouraged as she made another side slash at me, jumping back a bit, I managed to dodge the slash, but Rin is relentless, she twisted her body forcefully making me internally winced, that must have hurt a bit.

‘You’re mine Ise-kun!” She said as she slashes downwardly at me, I smirked a bit though, which she must have seen because her expression changed for a moment, instead of dodging, I move forward half a step, entering her zone, with a huff, A palm strike went cleanly into her chest, making her stopped her movement as she gasps out in pain.

“Sorry, Rin-chan...Was that too much?” I said as I managed to catch her before she collapsed, she still hold-on to her Excalibur, but her arms are shaking a bit, she looked relieved as she leans her whole body into me.

“I...I’m alright...just a bit surprised” She said weakly before what seemed to realization came in and she immediately jumped away from me, her whole face is red “You...You pervert!” She exclaimed loudly while holding her face with both of her hands.

I could only look in exasperation at what just happened. Why did Rin suddenly turn red...Did I do something? Nevertheless, I hold up both of my arms in a gesture of goodwill ‘Can we stop this already? I really don’t want to fight” Rin for her part, slowly nodded, It was a relieving moment, but that moment soon came to an end when I felt something to the side.

“ Burn And freeze! “Flare Brand” and “Freeze Mist”!” Kiba said while holding onto two swords, one of them look similar to the sword that Riser [Knight] use albeit smaller, while the other looks are more akin to an ice-shaped sword than anything.

One of the demonic swords created a whirl of flames while the other one made a cold air and silver frost. Kiba is a “Knight”. “Knights” traits are their speed. He was attacking with God speed. But Xenovia was evading Kiba’s attack, which came from all directions, with the minimum movements.

“The “Knights” swift move. And flame and ice demonic swords. But you are too naïve!” Xenovia said as she swings her Excalibur in a wide slash that obliterated both of Kiba swords and would have destroyed Kiba if he wasn’t able to jump back to dodge the attack.

“My sword is a mass of destruction. There’s nothing it can’t destroy.” Xenovia swirled around her sword. She then pointed it upwards then thrust it into the ground, I managed to hold on to my balance but I’m impressed nonetheless, for her to made this large of a crater with a simple thrust, as expected of Excalibur.

“This is my Excalibur. It can destroy anything that comes its way. It’s not called “Excalibur” for nothing.” She said proudly as she lifts the Excalibur and let it rest on her shoulder, oi, that sword can’t be that light, but she’s lifting it with one hand, what’s wrong with that?

“Haaaaaaaaaa!!”

Kiba raised his spirit up and tried to make something in his hand. It turned into the shape of a sword, but……

“The destructive power of that holy-sword or the destructive power of my demonic-sword! We will see which one is stronger!”

What appeared in Kiba’s hand was a gigantic sword. Kiba held it with both hands while releasing an ominous aura. It’s big. It’s way longer than Kiba’s height. It definitely was more than two meters. Kiba then swung it with force! The slash reached Xenovia, but she made a sigh as if she was really disappointed.

“It’s a shame. You made the wrong decision.” 

A violent sound of metal! A large fragment of the sword went up in the air. It was Kiba’s sword that broke. Xenovia’s Excalibur easily destroyed Kiba’s demonic sword.

“Your weapon is the variety of the sword you can create and your speed. You would need a lot of strength to swing a gigantic sword like that, and you will lose the speed that you are proud of. Are you seeking destructive power? From your fighting style, it’s something unnecessary. Don’t you even know that?”

Xenovia then simply hit Kiba with the hilt, Kiba who looked dazed by what he just saw was unable to even react, he took the hit cleanly, making him flew back for several meters before finally crashing into the ground.

“Even if it’s not a hit with the blade, that hit just now will be enough to stop you from standing for a while….Senpai, I suggest you fight with coolness the next time we fight. Rias Gremory, I trust you with the talk from earlier. Also, you should train your servants a bit more. There’s a limit for polishing their battling style.” Xenovia said as a passing remark before landing her eyes on me.

“So you managed to do it...So it seems you’re as capable as Irina told me” I shrugged at her words, Xenovia smiled a bit before waving at me “We’ll see you again Comrade...Let’s go Irina” Xenovia said before walking away with Rin walking in tow, she passes me a wave before following Xenovia.

1