Chapter 69 – Expanding His Forces
400 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first 3 days of the march was peaceful, and the army covered just past 90 kilometers, nearly half the 200 kilometers to the city of Zentopia.

But on the 3rd night, they were attacked by succubi, taking out their most powerful exponent the Pope, and over 10% of the army in just the first wave of attacks.

Since then, the army has endured wave after wave of attacks, and in the following 3 days, they barely covered 30 kilometers, losing nearly half their forces. They were left with 21,000 soldiers of the original 40,000, and 5,000 of them were so badly injured, they were not fit for any more battles.

As such, they lagged behind as Lex and his shadow clones were 12 km ahead of them, clearing the way.

By now, the army was merely marching and not doing any fighting, but they were in bad shape. However, they couldn't turn back lest they abandon the earlier forces the Kingdom sent to Zentopia.

Lex himself was exhausted, fighting non stop for 3 days, and unable to cultivate nor sleep.

Normally, dual cultivation with one of his lovers would restore him fully. But none of them were here with him, and he refused to dual cultivate with his shadow clones, the same way he refused his corpse puppets in the other world.

It was a tough decision, because Morrigan or any of the Harlots could easily transform to whoever he wished and were more than willing to service their master sexually. But he refused adamantly.

Over the past 3 days, for the first time in this world he could fully unleash his battle prowess, unlike in the cultivation world where he was constantly fighting xiantians, or in his original world where he battled legendary monsters in the middle east.

While he is also battling legendary creatures in this world now as well, now he has special abilities he never had as a marine.

He had just been promoted to xiantian in the undead dungeon, and since then all he had been doing over the weeks since were dual cultivating with a few tower masters and was under close supervision during the other weeks.

So this was literally the first opportunity that he could experiment and try his new skills he never had the chance to try in the cultivation world, which was his new shadow abilities which he gleaned from the Shadow King just as he died in the cultivation world.

At first, he mastered the shadow abilities he saw the Shadow King use, such as teleporting through shadows, manipulation the opponent's shadows to force the opponent to obey their shadow's movement, using their shadows to attack them and even injuring or killing the shadow which causes the opponent to suffer the same death or injury.

This last ability was downright scary as one could not defend against them. He burned his enemies by casting fire on their shadows, causing the enemy to burn unceasingly until their shadows are completely disintegrated, which also incinerates the enemy to nothingness.

His used water on the enemy's shadow, which drowned them without being able to retaliate. He froze their shadows, which froze them and caused their real body to shatter with a normal blow. Even slicing the enemy's shadow caused the enemy's body to split in half!

Then there was the shadow clone ability, which was an upgrade to the Shadow King's version as he incorporated his Corpse Puppet ability which gained the original body's memories and his necromancy which he used the dead body's soul to create life in the shadow clone.

So, he ended up with the immortality of a shadow clone, looking like the original with slight color changes, and with the soul and memories of the original!

As for usage of energy, the so called mana usage was surprisingly not much. The summoning of each shadow clone took some mana, but he didn't have to use any additional mana to maintain them, as literally they were made of shadows. So he ventured forwards with a small army of shadow clones. 

And the non-stop battles also honed his Shadow Clone's battle prowess. Amazon and Valkyrie had been using the Sword God's techniques and were now changing it to suit their personal tastes. He had taught not only Ahmanet and Mulligan his martial arts, but also all the Harlots as well. And Phoenix was training using the flame martial arts he modified for Rin Er.

At first, he didn't feel the need to turn more monsters into shadow clones, as he thought his 500 succubi clones which he called his Harlots, were more than enough. 

After all, his Harlots had super strength, speed and durability that were more than a match for the monsters they were facing so far, and they looked human and could shapeshift to other women, so they had other potential uses too. And more importantly, they smelled good.

So he didn't feel the need to add minotours, orcs, goblins or whatever other monsters they had faced over the 3 days thus far. 

Furthermore, for these monsters, their ugliness and their stench were part of their overall intimidation ability. Having them as better looking, pleasant smelling shadow clones wouldn't work as it would weaken their overall fear factor.

Ahmanet was the first monster he converted, and it was a lucky coincidence that she was beautiful underneath her bandages and was rejuvenated to her youth. So he decided to be fussy afterwards.

However, with the monsters coming endlessly in waves, he decided to expand his forces. But still, he preferred to create shadow clones from humanoid creatures that were closely related to humans.  

Of the monsters he fought, he turned the 66 werewolves he fought into shadow clones. They were all males and they could turn back to their human forms, although all of them were naked. He named their group the Wolfpack, and named the level 5 leader Fenrir

He didn't mind forgoing the werewolf smell, as they looked quite scary as they are, though he imparted his martial arts to them like he did with the Harlots to compensate.

As they continued pushing forwards, they encountered more and more dead soldiers the Kingdom of Alegloria sent a week earlier. However, suddenly, across the plains, they found a huge number of dead soldiers. The situation didn't look good at all. 

They approached the forest in front of the plains, and Lex sent his Wolfpack in to scout and clear the path first. He liked forests as they provided lots of shadows which gave him an advantage with his shadow abilities. 

Suddenly, a few werewolves were thrown backwards out of the forest, all suddenly carrying heavy slash wounds. 

A huge humanoid creature, having the top half of a beautiful naked female with big but firm breasts that jiggled with every movement, but her bottom was that of a snake over 5 meters long, burst out of the forest.

She had 4 arms, all carrying swords, and although she had a beautiful face, she had a crazed look on her face. 

"That is a lamia!" Phoenix explained. 

Several werewolves, including their leader Fenrir, faced the lamia, attacking it with their superior strength and speed, but to Lex's surprise she even started overcoming them, killing several of them with her battle prowess.  

Amazon and Valkyrie jumped in to help, but were instantly slaughtered!

Ahmanet and Morrigan sprang to action, and as they attacked, the lamia was pushed back. 

However, she licked her lips. smiling with happiness as she fought both shadow clones evenly, as her 4 arms matched the attacks of both Ahmanet and Morrigan. 

"I don't have time for this shit" Lex said as he took action personally and sliced the lamia's shadow.

The lamia looked surprised and shocked as her body split in two, diagonally from her right shoulder to her left hip where her body became snakelike. 

He hovered his hand over her body and a huge shadow clone of her emerged.

Unlike before, she had a peaceful look on her face, and he thought she looked beautiful. 

"You will be called Kali" he said, as she reminded him of the Hindu goddess with her multiple arms. 

The new shadow clone bowed with a happy smile on her face

Immediately, he started reading her memories to find out what happened here. 

16