Chapter 92 – Progress on the 9th Floor
386 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lex open his eyes and Amazon got off him.

After 2 days of non-stop battle, although he was still angry at losing Jasmine, his rage was no longer that burning uncontrollable rage.

He was still angry with himself, but he started thinking strategically again.

He didn't know how many floors were there in this tower as from the outside, it went up to the sky.

But even once he got out of the tower, what then? He wouldn't be able to continue levelling up on the outside and neither can his shadow clones.

Well, technically he could if he reenlisted to hunt monsters in the middle east again, but even the monsters there would not be as great an opportunity as being in here.

He looked at Amazon, then at Valkyrie. Both were Level 5 and he had wanted to get them to level up to Level 6. Phoenix was a level 6 too while soldier was the lowest at Level 3.

Ahmanet, Morrigan, Selene, Madelyn, Kali, Morgan, Ariel, Fenrir and Arthur were all Level 6s while their followers were levels 5 and 4.

Ivy and Saintess were Levels 7, and he wondered if the supposed upper limit could be broken through. 

No matter what, the fastest way to level them up was not battle experience, but dual cultivating.

This applies not only to the shadow clones, but for him too.

He had been reluctant to dual cultivate with his shadow clones, but now he was reconsidering it.

Besides, it wasn't as if they were unattractive. Quite the opposite. They were arguably more beautiful than even Jasmine!

He obviously won't do it with the males Soldier, Fenrir and Arthur, so they had to fight regularly.

"Level up" he said, leveling up to whatever he's reached up to now

He took a quick look at his stats

[Alex Marshall's Status Window

1. General Information

Sex/Age: Male/21
Height/Weight: 180 cm/79.5 kg.
Current Condition: Good
Class: LV. 635
Nationality: United States (Area 3)
Affiliation: N/A
Alias: N/A

2.General Stats

Strength: 115 Speed: 115
Agility: 105 Durability: 105
Intelligence: 155 Charisma:65
Life: 320 Mana: 200

Remaining Ability points: 0

3. Special Abilities
- Monster Lover]

He was now a level 635, improving at a slower rate than before. This was because he didn't get his shadow clones to wipe out the whole floor, rather he got the points that he only got from his own kills in the last 2 floors.

He took out his shadow vorpal sword and decided not to take out the shadow poison sword

Instead, he attempted another experiment and created another sword, a familiar sword

"Duramir!" he said happily, looking at a shadow version of his orichalcum/mithril merged sword. It was indestructible and seemed to be able to cut through anything. He wondered if the shadow version would be as indestructible, but he couldn't wait to try it out on those rock monsters.

He thought of making a shadow version of his sword he used in the cultivation world. It was made out of the broken piece of the Savage King's sword, and he had made matching swords for Rhuu Yen and Rin Er from the same clump of steel. 

However, that was the point. It was merely made of steel. It may be familiar to him, but if he were honest, his vorpal sword was a better sword.

Instead, he figured if he could make one Duramir, why not two? 

Moments later, he smiled sadistically with one shadow Duramir in each hand

Besides Amazon, Valkyrie and Soldier, he called Arthur and Fenrir out from the shadows as well, to try and gain experience and level up

Forging ahead, they met more of the rock monsters, but while the shadow clones had a hard time damaging them, Lex sliced them easily with his dual shadow versions of Duramir.

The shadow clones eventually defeated their rock monsters they were paired against through sheer persistence. As the day progressed, they faced more and more rock monsters at once and Lex had to bring out the other leaders Phoenix, Ahmanet, Morrigan, Selene, Madelyn, Kali, Morgan, Ariel, Ivy and Saintess.

Of them all, the least affective were Phoenix whose flames did nothing to them, while Madelyn's death touch and screams were equally ineffective. Neither was Ariel's singing. However, Ariel was supernaturally strong and battled using her trident instead.

Saintess' shield could at least block attacks by the rock monsters, but she had no offensive abilities that worked, as her holy light was only effective against undead and demons. 

The rock monsters actually weren't very difficult to fight as they were slow and lumbering, but because they were so hard to damage and they were very strong, the progress on this floor was slower than normal.

He easily could fly over them, but as he had already decided that he wanted to use the tower to level up as much as he could, he slogged his way forward.

At the same time, the teams that were stuck started making progress themselves as Lex was taking all the attention, helping them slip through.

--

That night, Lex dual cultivated with Phoenix because she was lagging behind as he hasn't been using her much in battle lately.

Among all the shadow clones, Soldier was also lagging the furthest behind at level 3, lowest among all the shadow clones and he was making no progress on this floor at all.

Among his shadow clones, he's only dual cultivated with Saintess, Amazon and Valkyrie. With Phoenix, he had inserted his energy into her when she was still alive, but not dual cultivated with her. 

He had realized that when he dual cultivated with Amazon and Valkyrie, the process got smoother after a short time, meaning they had learned how to cooperate with him, pushing and pulling energy like with Rhuu Yen and Rin Er. This was unlike Angelica, Jessica, Stacy or Jane where he had to guide them through every time. 

He first realized the difference when he first dual cultivated with Saintess, when he dual cultivated with her after getting injured entering the Tower. While he dual cultivated with her when she was still Theresa, he had to guide and control the energy. But when he did so as his shadow clone Saintess, she quickly got the hang of it and was co-operative in circulating the energy. 

Maybe that is why he felt the energy here was faster to circulate.  

He started dual cultivating with Phoenix for an hour, teaching her the method and letting her control some of the flow while they did so. As he expected, these shadow clones of his seemed to be able to dual cultivate themselves once he showed them how.  

Then he stopped, and decided to let her try dual cultivating with Soldier. They were fiancées before while they were alive after all, and he had turned Soldier into a shadow clone for her because he felt sentimental. They had never had sex while they lived, and Lex was the one who took Phoenix's virginity, so he decided to allow them to try. 

Soldier got into the lotus position, and Phoenix sat on him, their bodies joined as one for the first time. It was different, as Phoenix had to start the process first, and she absorbed energy from the surrounding before pushing it into him. As energy filled him from his penis, Soldier's own energy was being sucked out of him from his cock into her pussy. 

When Lex saw that the circulation loop had started safely, he left them alone and sat down. Tonight he hoped to help both Amazon and Valkyrie break through to level 6.

He sat quietly, with Amazon on his lap, while he instructed Valkyrie to cultivate by herself nearby while waiting. He realized he probably had to start this process with all his shadow clone leaders too. 

Suddenly, faster than the eye could see, Phoenix and Soldier's heads were ripped off their necks savagely.

Valkyrie moved, reacting to the sudden attack, throwing her body into harms way

Lex opened his eyes, his sword Duramir blocking an attack by a humanoid sized ant arm that had pierced through Valkyrie's body.

Amazon got off and armed herself

"Stay back. This one is mine" Lex said

8