#006 trip to the Forest
416 7 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Time passed by and similar to his first experience in this world, Leo was greeted by a terrible headache. 

Aargh... I could really do without this headache everytime I wake up. 

When his headache slowly faded, he started to focus on his surroundings. It  was still, or maybe again night time. His body was now splattered all around him. And to his delight that god forsaken spider was nowhere to be seen. 

Thank goodness that Golems don't seem to be tasty. 

Next he was inspecting his Status.

Name: Leo Race: Golem
Level: 2 Title: -
HP: 2/5 Potential Mass: 24
MP: 19/25 Current Mass: 0
Skills:   
Body grow Max
Material manipulation 3
Physical resistance 1

I got a new skill. I don't know if it was worth it to go through such a experience just for a skill ....Holy shit! My Core only has one single crack and im close to death. How do I fix my Core? Do I have to live like this from now on? Fuck that spider! And my MP is also missing a bit! 

Haaah.... for now let's make  a new body and get away from here.

Leo focused on his Material manipulation skill to coat his Core with layer after layer, before he took them as his body with Body growth. When he was back to his former size the sun was already rising and was about to shine over the trees in the distance. 

Lets just start whith the forest as the first goal for my exploration.

He was just about to go when he remembered that he almost forgot the two claws that had to be somewhere around. After just a short search he found them both and absorbed them. 

Now lets go to the forest. 

So he started walking at a slightly faster speed than normal,  but he slowed down when the distance to the cave made him no longer nervous. It would be around three hours until he reached the forest. He enjoyed the view of the sun slowly rising while he concentrated to get a description window for the physical resistance skill to pop up. When it happened he stopped to take a look.

Physical resistance: passively reduces physical damage. You can infuse body parts with mana for a temporary increase in effect.

It looks like I got at least something useful from that incident. Since my Material manipulation skill gets better when I use it, I believe that this skill will level when I take damage.... I really hope it counts damage to everything and not just my Core....


He decided to not think further and continued his trip. On his way he saw some little birds but nothing else in terms of animals or monsters. As the sun rose higher, he soon came close to the forest. Now he could make out single trees and some bushes. As he looked from left to right, he discovered something white with a horn on its head. It looked like a slightly oversized Rabbit and its horn had a bit of a yellow touch, which stood out compared with the pure white of its fur. 

While I starred at it, it turned its head and looked back. After it discovered me I falsely expected it to behave like a normal wild rabbit and escape on the spot, so I was a bit surprised when it suddenly started running towards me. It took the rabbit not even 5 seconds to reach me and then it jumped against me. Its horn pierced me straight into my left shoulder and the momentum made me stumble backwards. 

Finally I came to my senses and tried to grab the rabbit, but it kicked against me with its hind legs and jumped off. 

Just come and see if  that works again you stupid rabbit! 

And as if it had heard Leo's challenge it ran at him again, but this time it aimed for his left thigh. As it jumped Leo thrusts his arms towards it from both sides and when the rabbit pierced his thigh his arms did the same to the rabbit. Compared to the slight difficulties he had when he pierced the Abyss spiderling, this time it was much easier since the claws he now had where much sharper than his blunt tentacles. 

In a desperate try to free itself it tried  to kick off my body again but the horn slid out just a little bit before it stopped. It was now stuck because I hardened the area around it with Material manipulation.

Only a moment later the rabbit stopped moving and Leo let it fall to the ground. 

Horned Rabbit Level 4 was killed.

After he looked at the notification and nothing else happened, he looked at the rabbit a little excited. He sat down next to it and began to separate the horn from the corpse. The fact that it could easily penetrate his body, made Leo look forward to using it himself. If he could get a second one, he could replace both spider claws, or maybe he should just add a third and fourth arm? When Leo tried to absorb the horn, a window with its properties appeared.

Material acquired: HORNED RABBIT HORN.
Properties per unit:
HP: +3
Mass: +1
Mana conductivity F+

It was better than the spider claws by 2 HP. For a part of his body that would be used as a weapon that was quite a bit considering that Leo would have replaced the spider claws just based on the size difference, since he found the spider claws just to short to use them for pierce attacks. He would keep one because as a knife it was better than the rabbit horn.
Let's  get a second one! 

He decided and started walking in front of the forest in search for a second horned rabbit.
25