#010 first humans
432 20 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Time passed quickly, soon the sun rose and the first sunlight fell in the cave. Shortly after it got bright in the cave, the little bird woke up. It looked around the cave and gave Leo some pecks against his shoulder as if to tell him that it woke up.

Leo turned his head over, only to see the little bird already took of and flew out of the cave. He stood up and followed the bird. When he arrived outside the cave, he thought about something he realised during this night.

I don't know how long a day is in this world, but I don't think it is to different from Earth. I just spend a whole night waiting without moving, but it felt like no time passed at all. Time feels normal when I do things or move around though.... is that also something of a Golem thing?  I mean I can see without eyes, even at night and I don't need to sleep. It appears I have quite a bit to learn about this body. 

Maybe I can ask humans if I meet them. But how would I even talk to them?

While he wondered about those things, the little bird came back and took its place on top his shoulder. Leo raised his arm and patted it before he began to walk into the direction of the grassland. Since he met the centipede he was a little bit concerned about his safety in the forest. Sure he could defend himself against everything weaker than the centipede, but since he was still just in the outskirts of the forest and he already met something like that centipede. So for now Leo decided to go and increase his Level a bit. He wanted to take some more of the centipede scales but for that he needed 2 more levels since he needed some more potential mass to add the scales, and the dirt to hide them to his body. 

So it became a routine for Leo to go to the grasslands to hunt some Horned Rabbits and Green Field Vipers. After the sun began to set, he returned to the cave for the little bird to rest and the next day he would repeat the cycle. On the first day he only found two vipers and a horn rabbit. He wouldn't even have found the rabbit if not for the help of the little bird. 

On the second day he actively cooperated with the little bird and straight up doubled his gains. While fighting he let himself be hit by all attacks to train his Physical resistance skill. It became obvious that the little bird loved field viper meat. Every time they killed one it immediately started devouring everything that fit in his small body. It was also today that Leo reached Level 5.

The third day came to an early end because they found 5 field vipers in a row and the little bird ate to much. So they returned before the sun even reached it highest point. The little bird wasn't hungry for the rest of the day and just rested before later falling asleep.

Three days later, Leo reached Level 6 and made his way to the spot where he hid the leftover scales. After adding two more scales and four units of dirt he grew to 140 centimetres.

On his was back to the cave, the little bird suddenly pecked Leo against his head and began to stare in the caves direction. He immediately knew that something was wrong and his first thought was that there was a centipede again, but even after over a minute, nothing came to attack them. 

Looks like it's something else this time. Since the little bird warned me, I better pay extra attention to my surroundings. Lets see who came to visit us.

Leo started to move closer to the cave and when he came to the last tree line that separated him from the cave, he began to hear noises. No those weren't noises, those are voices. When he payed close attention he could hear them talk.

,,Are you sure there is nobody living in this cave? I can see footprints everywhere and they can't be older than a few days. I just don't know what leaves such footsteps behind...'' (???)

,,Yes. Like I said, the guy that dug this cave noticed that the treasure map we sold him was fake. So we had to get rid of him. Maybe just some random moster came here to hide or something'' (???)

,,We just have to hide those two here until that noble sends his man to get them, so don't worry to much Dolt'' (???)

,,Yes boss.'' (Dolt)

When Leo heard what they were saying he came to the conclusion that they were either bandits or some kind of mercenaries that got hired to kidnap someone. 

Should I interfere or just wait for them to go away. I don't like to abandon someone in need but I don't know how strong those three are.

When Leo was wondering what to do, his thoughts were interrupted by muffled sounds followed by an angry voice.

*hmpf tmpf rhhepf pa* ,,what do you guys want from us you assholes, who ordered you to kidnap us!" (???)

,,Hahaha little lady you should shut your mouth. No matter how loud you're trying to be, nobody will here you. And you should be nice to us. Our contractor allowed us to have a round with you, after he made you his new sex slave.'' (???)

,,Dont even think about it you bastard! I will ki*hmpf bom nhh*" (???)

Yeah okay I have to do something.... how do I test there strength?

Leo looked around and found a football sized rock. He moved some dirt from his body into his right arm. Lifting the rock he sneaked close to the entrance.

When he looked inside he could see two people, a  man and a woman, tied up with ropes on their hands and feet in the back of the cave. The man was unconscious and the woman struggled against her bindings.

Thair captors where split. On the left wall was a average looking man, with a sword next to him. And on the right wall where, what looked like a bulky martial artist, and a weak looking guy with a bow. Leo decided on the guy on the left for his test. He aimed at his chest and threw the rock with all his might.

When he stepped into view, the first one to notice him was a weak looking man. 

,,we are under attack!'' (Dolt)

The other two reacted instantly and stood up as they looked to the entrance. For the two on the right, there was what looked like a human made out of dirt with one normal and one oversized arm. But the man on the left just looked at a rock in ball size, flying towards him with high speed. He tried to block it but he was to late. The rock impacted his chest and hibs broke as his chest caved in. He spat blood and bashed against the wall.

 

Swordsman novice Level 4 (Nino) was killed.

The other two looked at him. A shiver ran over thair bodys. Upon hearing footsteps they looked at the man of dirt. His arms were shifting and slowly revealed two brown claws. 

,,BOSS WHAT IS THAT THING!!!'' (Dolt)

,,HOW SHOULD I KNOW THAT! SHOOT IT! NOW!''

Dolt drew his bow and shot an arrow right into Leo's face. 

,,Hahaha DIE YOU MONSTER! "(Dolt)

When the arrow hit Dolt felt happy since an arrow to the head was lethal to every living creature. But he fell silent when he saw that it didn't affect the thing in front of him at all.

,,Fuck! Keep shooting, I hold it in place!'' (???)

The one that regained some of his cool was the boss of the three. He stepped forward and Leo slashed at him with one of his claws. The boss took a sudden step forward and deflected the claw with a punch against Leo's arm. In the same moment he shot another punch against Leo's chest but before he could land his hit the dirt started to shift and his fist landed on a black scale like plate. 

*Baam crick* 

He was greeted by sudden pain in his left hand which took him by surprise. The moment of surprise was sadly not one he could afford and so before he could even fully retract his arm, his shoulder was pierced by Leo's second claw. Thanks to his fast reaction and jumping a quick jump backwards, he managed to keep it from piercing him all the way through, but it was still a grievous wound from which he began to lose a lot of blood. 

Dolt managed to fire 3 arrows during this short exchange between his boss and Leo, but the moment he saw Leo pierce his boss's shoulder, he lost his will to fight. 

,,I GIVE UP just let me  leave and you never see me again.'' 

Dolt tried to sound normal but he was sweating buckets. He would just leave and find someone else to kill that monster but he wanted to live so he didn't say it and just tried to look as honest as possible.

,,DOLT YOU BASTARD! HOW DARE YOU BETRAY Mhmpf '' (???)

While screaming at Dolt for his betrayal combined with severe blood loss. He lost the fight against Leo and died when he managed to stab his chest.

 

 Monk novice (Henri) Level 5 was killed.

 

With two of the enemies dead,  Leo started walking towards the third. After thinking about it he just knocked him out before turning to the two other people in the cave.

27