#016 Flesh and departure
343 8 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leo continued to add biomass to his body and soon the outer layer of skin and muscle on Henri's body covered Leo's Core completely. Below Henri's flesh, some ribs could now be seen. When Leo saw them he tried to take them too but he noticed that not just the one rib he wanted reacted, but the whole ribcage. When he noticed that he stopped. 

It looks like I can't reshape the bones, just like the claws and scales I got from the centipede. Well then let's start with an arm. 

By now Leo added 4 units of Human flesh to his body and his size was now similar to a basketball. When he tried to move he realised that his control over the Flesh was even worse than the dirt when he first tried to walk. To Leo it felt like the flesh had a inbuilt resistance against his attempts to control it. Even the sensation of touch felt bizarre, it felt as if there was a barrier between the actual feeling of touch and his ability to perceive it.

After half an hour of trying he gave up on walking. Leo extended some tentacles to pull himself forward. When he reached the arm he again added the Flesh to his body. One unit, two units, three units but after the third unit he noticed that, no matter what he tried, he got no response from the Flesh no matter how much he tried. 

Huh? What is going on?  This only happens when my Mass reaches the limit. Lets take a look at my Status.


Name: Leo Race: Golem
Level: 7 Title: Friend of the Hummingbirds 
HP: 36/36 Potential Biomass: 22
MP: 69/71 Current Biomass: 21
Skills:   
Body grow Max
Material manipulation 5
Physical resistance 2

Materials 
Human Flesh x7 effect: +21HP +21MP 

Core x1 effect: +15HP

 

What the hell. Why is my Potential Biomass only 22? Does that mean I can only have half my Mass in Biomass?  But right now I am just a 40 centimeter high Fleshball.... my MP is quite a bit higher than normal but why am I missing 2MP? Do I need to spend MP just to maintain my Flesh?  Now that I think about it.... I added the Flesh but the blood never appeared as a  Material... well I guess that's it with the Flesh Golem for now, I definitely need more levels to make this work. 

Wait before I go I should add the bone to my body for information sake. 
 
Leo discarded Flesh and added some again and soon reached the Humerus in Henri's upper arm. After a while he added it to his body and got a notification. 

Biomass acquired HUMAN BONE.

Mana density: E
Properties per unit:
HP: +4
MP: +1
Biomass: +3
Mana conductivity: E

 

Well that looks ordinary enough. Lets go back to my dirt body.
 
After he was done with his experiment he moved his Core back to his dirt body with the awkward to move Flesh and discarded everything as soon as he reached the dirt body's leg.
He had to add all the materials in the dirt body to his own again. After more than one hour he had complete control of his body again.
 
Well now that I am done with this I should probably go and hunt to raise my Level.
 
Thinking that he wanted to exit the cave only to realise that the sun was almost gone. He looked around and found the little bird already sleeping next to the entrance.
 
Well I guess that's something for tomorrow.
 
Since he decided to rest, he sat down and waited for the sun to rise. After what felt like minutes to him Leo noticed the little bird woke up and came to his usual spot on his shoulder.
The sun had not risen yet but probably because it slept early the little bird woke up early.
 
Well I guess I continue to farm some Levels in the grasslands while looking for that road they mentioned. 
 
 With his goal set he stepped out and made his way to the grasslands. When he arrived, he didn't start his hunt immediately, but walked for quite some time along the outside of the forest. Only when the little bird began to repeatedly peck his head did he start to actively hunt with the little birds help.
 
Time flew and the day neared his end. They returned to the cave and rested while waiting for the next day to arrive.
 
The second day of exploring in the same direction ended like the first without a clue of the road. The following two days Leo searched in the opposite direction. On the first day they found a Horned rabbit nest which gave Leo the experience needed for Level 8. On the second day they finally found the road Anika was talking about.
 
Well it's already past noon so I guess it's not optimal to start my trip now. But I should not go back to the cave, because I don't know when those troops that the noble sent will get here.
Hmmmmm... what ever I can just walk through the night if I don't find a place to rest. 
  
And so Leo made his way northeast through the grassland. The little bird noticed that they probably won't go back to the cave and looked back to the forest a few times but ultimately stayed on Leo's shoulder.
 
《Just a reminder. English is just my second language so I have no idea about anatomical descriptions. I just googled what the arm bones are called so if that is not the common name you use please forgive me》
23