#021 short town visit and the next trip
184 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a few minutes of catching up with each other and talking about their journey here, Anika left to get Niko who was obviously tired and and about to sleep when Anika suddenly dragged him to her room. High eyes shot open when he saw Leo in Anikas room and after a short moment of panic he calmed down.

,,You didn't tell him I was here right?'' (Leo)

,,No she didn't.'' (Niko) *yaahwwn*

,,He was almost asleep and I didn't want to have him fall asleep while talking. It was the perfect opportunity to wake him up for a while.'' (Anika)

,,You know we could have waited for tomorrow to talk.'' (Leo)

,,No! You are in a city and you are not even legally here. They take a fee for entering before you  get a visitor pass. If they find you without pass, you have to pay a fine and if you can't pay they turn you into a slave! I don't even know if your race, whatever it is, is allowed in this country!'' (Anika)

,,So I can't be seen here. I guess I leave the town before the sun rises.'' (Leo)

,,We are planning to take one or two quests tomorrow, we could do them together and talk while we travel.'' (Anika)

,,That sounds good to me. I will be waiting in the forest near the main entrance.'' (Leo)

,,Sounds good, what do you think Niko?'' (Anika)

.......

,,Niko?... oh.'' (Anika)

Somewhere during their conversation, Niko fell asleep and was now sitting on the bed with his head tilted slightly forward.

,,Well I guess I bring him back and see you tomorrow?'' (Anika)

,,Yes, see you tomorrow.'' (Leo)

After saying their goodbye, Leo left the inn through the window again and made his way back to the well. He took a slightly different path and found what seemed to be something like the noble district in this city. The houses were bigger and a little further away was a little castle like building.

Leo would have loved to explore a little more, but he noticed that the amount guards patrolling  increased when he came closer to the noble district.

His way to the well was uneventful but when he wanted to go down, he was stopped by a little chirp and soon after, the little bird took off and flew in direction of the wall.

Haha I guess he realy didn't like the dive in my chest. 

Without the little bird, Leo had time to look around the tunnel and the reservoir below the well. What he found was, that there were more than one tunnel leading to and from the reservoir, but the one he came in from was at least double the size compared to his rest.

When he found nothing else he left and followed the big tunnel outside. When he emerged from the water, he was greeted by a chirp from the little bird. It didn't land on his shoulder, probably because it was still wet. 

Leo made his way through the forest and stopped around 500 meters away from the main gate. He distracted himself from the road until he could barely see it through the trees and sat down. 

By now his body was dry again and the little bird sat down on his shoulder and fell asleep shortly after.

The sun rose after a few hours of waiting and Leo began to pay attention to the road. Some time passed and soon Leo saw the first pair carriages pass by his waiting spot. The carriages  were accompanied by four people on horses. Leo assumed them to be adventurers.

With time he saw more carriages, some groups and a few single people travelling to and from the city.

The little bird woke up some time ago and flew a few rounds. Suddenly it landed on Leo's shoulder and chirped while looking at the road. By now Leo knew to trust the little bird's senses, so he stood up and walked closer to the road. When he was less than ten meters away from he could see Niko and Anika walking on the road.

It was obvious that they got themselve some new equipment. Niko had a different sword from the one he got from the kidnappers. He also had leather protectors on his shoulders, arms and chest. Anika kept the bow dolt left behind. It was a bit cleaner but nothing else. On her hips was a pair of new daggers. The rest of their outfits and their backpacks seemed to be made by  the same person. Their clothes had a grey-green colour that mixed pretty well with the forest behind them. Same was true for their backpacks. They were a little bit darker but overall the same.

Leo showed himself before the two passed the place he was hiding in. He waved them and they came closer. 

,,Good morning Leo.'' (Anika)

,,Hrrm morning'' (Niko)

The difference in attitude made it obvious that Anika was a morning person and Niko the complete opposite. 

,,Good morning. You said something about a quest or two yesterday. What is it we are going to do?'' (Leo)

,,Apparently there a signs of a orc group near a village one day from here. We are supposed to confirm if it's true and report the results back. In case it is true, the guild will form a subjugation troop and exterminate them.'' (Anika)

,,Alright. Do you want to travel on the road and I follow you through the forest or do you want to travel together through the forest?'' (Leo)

Befor answering Anika looked at Niko and then back to Leo.

,,We will stay on the road until we know the concrete direction of the village and Niko is fully awake.'' (Anika)

Leo answered with a simple ,,Alright'' and walked a bit further into the forest and so they started their little trip.

How do we call the little bird?
  • Hawk Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Nero Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Enno Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Mike Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Sunny Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I made a suggestion in the comments. Votes: 1 4.5%
Total voters: 22 · This poll was closed on Jul 25, 2021 01:14 PM.
17