#022 Speed test
191 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leo followed his two human companions while he himself stayed hidden in the forest. He watched as his companions passed by carriages and adventurer groups. One of the hunter looking adventures looked in his direction and after he talked to his friends, they searched the area where Leo was before.

Leo followed after Anika and Niko and after two hours they left the road to take a break.

When the little bird saw them eating, it started pecking Leo's head. He understood that it was hungry and spoke to Anika and Niko that they would go for a quick hunt.

,,Alright. We haven't really started eating yet. Should we help you?'' (Anika)

After a moment of consideration Leo asked ,,How fast are you two?'' 

My wolf form is so far the best to hunt in the forest, it's possible that they are to slow to be much help.

,,Well I don't think we are that slow but I could show you.'' (Anika)

,,Please do'' (Leo)

Anika stood up and after a quick stretch she lowered her posture and dashed forward. It took her barely three steps to reach a full sprint. Leo was surprised to see her accelerate so fast and the end speed was not bad ether. Compared to his wolf form sprint it was still lacking but she was definitely faster than the humans from his old world.

Niko finished putting their food back into their backpacks and did the same thing Anika did. He was slower than her and it looked like he was using something to accelerate for a brief moment every four to five steps.

About fifty meters away from the start. Anika and Niko stopped and looked at Leo. His Golem vision was better than normal and even if he couldn't read over that distance, he could see that at least Anika had a expression on her face that was a little smug.

When Leo saw that expression he felt a little challenged. 

Fine if that's how you want to play....

Leo began to shift his body into his wolf form and as he did he noticed Niko's eyes widened a little and the smug expression on Anikas face grew a little bit thinner.

When his body finished shifting, Leo lowered his body and grew himself some dirt claws for just a little more grip. He then kicked off with all his strength and not even three seconds later he stood in front of Anika.

Leo realised now though that he never gave his all to sprint like he did just now and it felt incredible.

Man im a fucking monster. I'm Level 9 and can do sprints like that. I can't wait to reach Level 20 or 50.

Leo was so hyped that he didn't even notice the shocked faces of his two companions and that he was less than twenty centimeters away from crashing into Anika. When Leo noticed it, he took two steps back and wrote.

,,I may have overdone it a little. Are you two alright?'' (Leo)

,, ..... yes. Well... after I saw your strength in the cave I thought you are of a strength type race but now you are also far faster than someone with the ranger class like me.... I know this question comes maybe a little late but what exactly are you? '' (Anika)

Anika recovered enough to talk after starring just a moment, but Niko kept looking at Leo with wide open eyes.

,,I am a Golem. You know shifting body made of practically everything from dirt to diamonds. Do you know if there are more of my kind somewhere?'' (Leo)

,,I can't say that I heard of a Golem before nor have I heard of anything that is similar to you. We could do some research but I don't think that we will find much in the the Misea library.... oh Misea is the name of the port city. Maybe we could find something in the library in the capital. We could also test if your race counts as a monster or one of the races.'' (Anika)

,,That would be very helpful. But I guess it will take some time until we can go there.'' (Leo)

,,We have to finish this quest and if there really are orcs, they will probably hire us as gutdes for the subjugation troop.'' (Anika)

*peck* *chirp* *chirp* 

Their conversation got interrupted by the little bird. 

,,Well I guess I'm gonna catch a rabbit or something really quick and come back.'' (Leo)

,, *sigh* yes we will wait here and continue our break.'' (Anika)

After she woke up Niko from his trance they sat down and Leo left to catch a breakfast for the little bird. After a few minutes he returned and the little bird was happily munching on a little snake they caught. It wasn't the same as the ones from the grasslands but the little bird loved it nonetheless. 

18