#024 Nero
249 5 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Leo regained his calm, they agreed to explain what they knew while cooking  and eating. They finished their preparations and when the water was hot enough, they put everything inside.

While waiting for the food to be done, Anika decided to start explaining.

,,This is an element stone. They can be found in regions where a specific elemental  energy gathers and if the concentration is high enough, some elemental energy gets infused into the stones or wood in the surroundings. When you chanel your mana through an element stone, some of the infused energy gets released.'' (Anika)

,,In our case we have a water stone. After I channelled some of my mana into the stone, it released some water type elemental energy. After that energy left the stone, I took control of it through my mana. You can do different things with it depending on the intent you give it through your mana. A real mage can use magic without a element stone because they are able to put stronger intent into their mana and can so use the elemental energy in their surroundings. For me right now it's impossible to do more than creating water even with a element stone.'' (Anika)

When she finish her explanation she took a sip of the soup and decided that it wasn't quite done. Leo was still taking in what he just learned and when he snapped out of his trance he saw both Anika and Niko almost finished eating. Apparently the little bird wanted to have some too  and was now eating soup from a litter bowl.

,,I have never been so close to a Emerald bird before. How did you manage to win it trust?  Do you have the Taming skill?'' (Anika)

,,No I don't have the Taming skill. I save one of their nests from a Horned rabbit and got a title for it. When I left it just followed me. We fought and hunted together and now we're here.'' (Leo)

,,You never tried to give it a name? So far as I know, you get the Taming skill ether through a skill book or meet the natural requirements. The first is out of the question as for the natural requirement, you have to tame a wild beast without the skill. The Taming is successful when a monster accepts a name from you.'' (Anika)

Leo didn't expect to receive so much information in rapid succession. Skillbooks? Everything was new to him. After thinking about it he decided to ask about that later and focus on the task before him.

A name.... well there is no pressure here. He just has to live with it for the rest of his life. Is it a Male or female.... ah whatever.

After some thinking, he decided to just write two names on his shoulders, one male and one female. Now it was up to the little bird. On his left shoulder was the name ,,Sona'' and on his right shoulder the name ,,Nero'' could be seen. The little bird was looking at him since the moment they talked about taming. It looked at Leo's left shoulder and didn't react, but when its eyes fell on his right shoulder it gave a happy chirp, flewh over and sat on his right shoulder. 

Emerald bird Nero was tamed.
Requirement met: Tame a wild beast
Skill Taming acquired. 

 

Ohh nice. The second skill I acquired and I didn't have to almost die for it. Man that fucking spider. I would get goosebumps if I had skin just thinking about it. 
 
,,I got the skill. Well I guess you already know from the shoulder he is sitting on, but from now on he is Nero'' (Leo)
 
,,It's a nice name. Congratulation Nero.'' (Niko)
 
,,I agree. It suits you Nero.'' (Anika)
  
Nero gave a happy chirp and flew a few rounds over their heads. Since they also finished their meal, they started to pack their things and continued their trip. Even after he saw it already, Leo couldn't help but stare when Anika created water to clean the pot.
   
They made good progress and since they had used some of their rations, they used the opportunity when a Horned rabbit crossed their way to stock up on meat. 
 
Two hours came and went without anything happening. Anika who was in charge of navigating sad they were almost at the village and true to her word, just a few minutes later they spotted the first houses through the trees.
  
,,Leo could you wait here while we talk to the villagers?'' (Anika)
  
,,Sure. I can also just follow you when you leave the village so just go in the direction they tell you. (Leo)
 
With that decided they split up. Anika and Niko walked into the village and Leo climbed on a big tree to follow their movements. 
14