A tough choice
46 5 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After exiting the manor through the secret passage, Dreydan began to run toward the forest. Passing the forest's edge, he accelerated. After all, he didn't want to be late for his first lesson with the gramps.

Thus, after running for a while, he arrived at a vast meadow.

Breathing heavily, he rested for a few minutes before heading toward a big rock in the middle of the meadow.

Even though left early from the manor and that he ran at his full speed, the gramps was already there, staring in his direction.

What Dreydan couldn't know was that Kyle was as eager as he was or even more.

In fact, Dreydan was his first disciple ever because he was the first that Kyle encountered and deemed worthy to pass him his teachings. And let us recalled that Kyle was near his sixties!

Kyle didn't even sleep because he was too much excited!

"Okay boy, so first, you will tell me what you can do, what your abilities are and I will see what I can teach you!"

"Okay! So I can..."

"Just joking!" grinned Kyle as he threw a punch toward Dreydan, interrupted him.

Dreydan dodged, letting the punch grazed his right cheek.

He touched the said cheek and as he looked at his hand, he noticed blood. A single punch was enough to make him bled!

"I will not disappoint you, gramps!" said Dreydan as he took a battle stance and began grinning like Kyle.

Kyle was slightly surprised by this reply. He expected that the boy would ask him why he attacked him.

"Good!" replied Kyle.

What Kyle didn't know was that since Dreydan fought against the bear and felt the sensation of battling against his foe with all his might, he was longing to feel them again. Dreydan's blood was boiling inside him each time he was thinking of fighting.

He was slowly becoming a battle junky!

Dreydan created a bow with his blood and began shooting at Kyle to forbade him to approach him. Dreydan fully knew that Kyle was better than him in close combat, so he needed to make some distance.

'This boy is really a pearl! He is naturally talented. He has vast knowledge, a good intuition, a natural sense of battle and makes the right decisions quickly while being in battle. I'm so lucky to have encountered him! And to think that his family locked a genius like him since he was born... What a bunch of idiots!' thought Kyle as Dreydan was launching fierce attacks at him.

Dreydan changed his bow for a long spear that would keep Kyle at distance but would cost him less blood. He began attacking Kyle but none of his attacks hit him! The gramps was dodging them all effortlessly while smiling as if he was saying "Is this all you have?".

Kyle's expression irritated Dreydan but he kept his cool because losing his cool in battle could cost you your life, as you would be unable to think straight.

Dreydan's grin increased as he thought of something to at least make Kyle fought him a little more seriously.

He cut his wrist and let a small pool of blood forming at his feet while continuing to keep the gramps at a certain distance.

After he deemed the pool to be of a satisfying size, he began to slowly step back. Kyle followed him. Dreydan stopped and launched an attack toward Kyle with more strength than before. Kyle smiled and began to dodge but suddenly the spear transformed into a whip!

Kyle still avoided it but to Dreydan, this attack was just a decoy, covering his true attack.

Dreydan attacked Kyle with new vigour and Kyle was still dodging while smiling. Suddenly, Dreydan moved with his right hand and Kyle felt something coming from behind him.

From the small pool of blood that was now behind Kyle, was fleeing an arrow. Kyle was caught of hard and made a step to the side to avoid the arrow... but it was exactly what Dreydan was waiting for! He transformed his whip into a greatsword and slashed toward Kyle, who taken aback once again had no choice but to be a little serious.

He disappeared from his spot to reappeared behind Dreydan and punched him in the stomach, sending the boy a few meters away.

As Dreydan was coughing, he approached him and smiled gently.

"Good work boy, you managed to catch me off guard!"

Dreydan was happy to be complimented but at the same time, he was suffering from the hit he received. He had at least one or two broken ribs! Fortunately, his regenerative capacity was already healing him.

"Boy, you have a lot of talent and in at least five years you could be as strong as me if I train you."

"Really?" happily replied Dreydan.

"Yes, really... but... for that, I need you to make a choice..."

"What sort of choice?" replied Dreydan worried about the tone of Kyle.

"For the sake of your training, you will need... to leave your house because if I can just train you at night, it will be much more long and difficult for you to improve. Moreover, with your ability, you will have to absorb the blood of other beasts if I understand how it works."

Dreydan bit his nails. He knew that what Kyle was saying was true but he needed time to think of it.

"Of course, I don't want you to rush your answer, so you can answer me tomorrow. For now, come back to your house and think of what I said to you," said Kyle with a warm smile on his face.

Dreydan nodded and began to head home at a much more slow pace than before, as he was lost in his thoughts.


Dreydan was now on his bed and was looking at the ceiling of the room thinking about what Kyle said to him.

It was a very difficult choice for him as he was only eight years old and although he was more mature than people of his age.

As he didn't want to think about it he began exercising. Training would clear his head and as he was absorbed in it, he wouldn't think about what was troubling him.

He didn't see the time flew and it was soon the morning. He was still training and was drenched in sweat, his thoughts were much clearer and he even found what could help him take his choice.

Thus, when Zalya knocked at his door in the middle of the morning, he didn't sit against the door but instead, opened it.

"Hi, sis!"

0