Goodbye
78 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hi, sis!" said Dreydan as he opened the door for Zalya.

On her face could be seen her shock. She was mouth open, her wide eyes staring at her brother, that she couldn't see since she was born.

After realizing what was happening, tears began to run from her eyes and she dashed into Dreydan's arms, hugging him like there was no tomorrow.

Dreydan too was crying but at the same time, he was smiling. Finally, he could see his little sister!

Time flew by as there were hugging each other, crying and smiling.

Separating from each other, they sat on Dreydan's bed and stared at each other.

"I thought you were much more tall brother!" began Zalya.

At those words, Dreydan chuckled.

"And what's the thing on your right cheek?" she asked, staring at the red line on the face of Dreydan.

"It's proof of my godly power!" replied Dreydan while chuckling.

"You're mean brother!" pouted Zalya.

They continued talking for a while and Dreydan told her about his powers, about his trips on the forest, his encounter with the bear and finally about Kyle and the choice he asked him to take.

"Zalya, I need your help with this choice!"

Zalya nodded. She was extremely happy that her brother told her all this, trusting her with these important matters. He was even asking her help regarding the choice he had to make!

After thinking for a bit she looked at her brother.

"You know, I think it's better for you to go than staying there locked, brother. If you leave you could become someone super strong and you could even see amazing things. And, when you will come back, you could tell me what sort of things you saw and what sort of people you encountered. I think it's an incredible opportunity for you."

Dreydan looked at his sister slightly surprised. Despite being only four years old, she was very mature.

' I think it's run in the family.' proudly thought Dreydan.

"I think I made my choice thanks to you sis. I will be sure to bring you back a present but you will have to promise me to not tell father and mother before I left for at least three months. Can you promise that?"

"Yes! But the gift better be something incredible!" said Zalya with stars in her eyes.

"Yes, yes!" chuckled Dreydan.

"When are you leaving brother? Do you need my help to leave the house?"

"Nah, I know at least five secret paths to leave the house so there shouldn't be a problem... I think....and I hope."

"I, too, hope that you don't encounter problems on your way out"

"Stop! You're raising flags!" replied Dreydan horrified.

"Oupsi!" said Zalya while sticking her tongue out.

"Don't try to act cute, you aren't." grinned Dreydan.

"Meanie!" pouted Zalya acting again like a girl her age.

"And I'm leaving this night. Normally I will return in five years, as the gramps said."

"Ok, so, I'm going to monopolize you this afternoon!" smiled Zalya.

After passing his entire afternoon with his little sister, playing, talking like all kids do at their ages, Zalya had to leave.

Dreydan sat on his bed. He was very happy and at the same time, he was a little sad. After all, after seeing for the first time his sister, he had to leave to become strong and to not pass his days in the same monotone room, being bored and having nothing to do.

Dreydan packed his clothes, choose some books he wanted to take with him and with the help of Zalya took some food. As the gramps told him, there was no need but Dreydan chose to take some anyway, just in case. He also took some other things that he thought might help or be of use in his journey, like some knives, some canteens and some other thongs. In the end, Dreydan was before a pile of things almost bigger than him. Fortunately, he has the ring that Kyle gave him with, this time, the password. In fact, the password was very simple, it was "Begone thot". Kyle told him that he needed to shout the password to have access to what was in the ring but Dreydan, not knowing the meaning of it preferred to whisper it. 

Thus after an hour-long of preparation, he was left with two hours before the night. Dreydan being bored wondered if he could leave this early but after some thought, he decided to play it safe and wait. Hence, he tried to sleep a little.

An hour and a half later, he woke up and equipped the leather armour that Kyle gave him, checked his things for the umpteenth time. He was trying to act cool and self-assured, but in fact, he was stressed. Dreydan was thinking of all the things that could go wrong before he could reach the gramps in the woods.

Dreydan slowly walked toward the door of his room, he took a deep breath and opened it. It was the last time he had to do this, thus he did it as if it were some sacred ritual. After the door opened with a little "screech", Dreyda turned toward her and bowed.

"Goodbye!"

Saying that he turned and walked straight in the direction of the passageway, not encountering a single people and not looking a single time backwards.

After a few minutes of walking in the dark, he left the passage for the stables, but as he did that, he felt a faint shiver behind his neck. Trusting his senses, he immediately took a battle stance and searched for an exit. Seeing no one, Dreydan crouched and began slowly advancing toward an opening leading straight to the woods. He took a glance at the surroundings, trying to find what was alerting his senses. Thinking a bit of what could it be, he put on the mask he has in case he encounter someone of the manor. Thus, he would simply be seen as a thief and not as the son of the lord, who was escaping.

After putting on the mask, Dreydan decided to wait for a few minutes to play it safe. Hence, when the sensation behind his neck left, he decided he could resume his escape. He began to run full speed toward the forest not looking behind and fully concentrated on his senses in case of someone chasing him.

Entering the forest, he maintained his senses on alert but he slowed down. After all, he needed to be in top form in case he had to fight or run away.

He reached where Kyle and he were supposed to meet and the gramps was already there, slouched over a rock, snorting soundly. At this view, Dreydan couldn't help but smile despite the stress he felt.


The day after the departure of Dreydan, Bors and his wife, Malicia woke up at the sound of soldiers, maid and butlers running in the manor with great panic. Bors quickly dressed up and left his bedroom. He grabbed a maid and asked her what was the reason for such animation.

"Young master Dreydan escaped his room, he is nowhere to be found!"

2